Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-11-08, 8:24am

Default Glass Stock East WOW It was Great!

Hey everybody,

Thanks again for the fabulous time at Glass Stock East. Thanks Deb and all her team and Mary and the folks at Carlisle for working so hard to put together such a wonderful and unique weekend.

I really had a great time and enjoyed taking classes and learning new techniques. But, I especially liked that there was so many people I have not met before. Always great to make new friends.

I am honored to have been asked to be a featured artist at the first Glass Stock East. Thanks for inviting me. Had a blast - can't wait for next year.

Lisa
Old 2011-11-08, 9:30am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

The best part of the Glass Stocks is being able to torch with friends.
Ones that I already had, and new ones I meet each time.

The classes are just gravy...

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-11-09, 2:31pm
Type ZZZ personality

Glad you had a great time! GS west is always such a blast, I was sure GS east would be to. Deb is a rock star!

Anyone post pictures anywhere?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-11-09, 2:32pm

I want to post some but need to resize them....

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 2011-11-09, 2:34pm
StudioMarcy

I have a couple that I'll post later too. need to crop a bit.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-11-10, 8:51am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks SO much Lisa, you rock woman!!!! Also, Marcy, you are a gem, thank you for helping everyone with ride/room shares! We are blessed to have you both on staff!

Patty and Karen, BIG hugs.....and thanks for your support of West which sure helped folks on the other coast take a chance with something new....xoxoxo!

Jeanne, you are so sweet, I really enjoyed meeting you and sure hope you come back!

I took a week after the event to spend with family in Jersey after cleaning up the event venue. I came home Tues wiped out and still under the weather from a flu but VERY happy!

Everyone made this event a huge success! The first year there is always fear of the unknown but by Friday night it seemed as though we had all been together long before the event. I love all the sharing and "stepping out of the box" that happens when everyone feels welcome and a part of something bigger.

Except for the deep freeze Saturday things were very smooth, just goes to show you can't stop the fire I am proud of all of you who had faith in us, who came, fired up, jumped right in, shared and huddled together, you are ALL what makes this event the better every year, another GS family had begun! There are always a few bumps in the beginning, next year we will make sure things go as planned. I will make sure we get to the Pajama Jam, between the cold, a late start that night and me being sick I apologize for not being able to get that accomplished. It really is a blast and I'll have a back up staff member prepared to help me get it started next year.

I do have some great news for those who wished we had more heat that day in the "other" classes.......we are obviously going to need more space with the kind of response I have gotten this week after the first GS East! Mary at Carlisle has offered up the large lunchroom in the torch manufacturing building!!! It is WARM, has bathrooms, sinks, tables, microwave and fridge....plenty large enough for the other classes, woohoo Mary!

That means I can add another torch class per period too! Thanks to our Featured artists Barry Lafler, Cindy Lemmo and Lisa St Martin this year. We are working on Featured artists for 2012 now, looks like Roger Parramore (wow!) and we are trying to get Brad Pearson too! The dates are set for Sept 27-31st....the first weekend in Oct does fall on Columbus day so we moved it up a week. I know some of you who really wanted to come back couldn't come Columbus Day weekend.

We will bring back Lisa St Martin, Marcy Lamberson, deb (me), Doretha Jones, Hugh Salkind, Cheryl Frech plus adding Bill Futer and Sue Wilson. We will repeat this year's full classes and add lots of new ones! Sign up for spots will open up Jan 2nd, 2012 on East and West pages at debcrowley.com. Sign up closes March 31st, don't forget to sign up for your coast's event and PLEASE use current email posted on the page to sign up, not previous years email entry addresses!

A huge thank you to everyone for their participation, especially to all my staff, I couldn't do it without all of you.

Glassy love to old and new friends!
deb

Old 2011-11-10, 3:09pm
Still makin' flowers...

Hi Deb - thanks so much for the kind offer to come back to teach at Glass Stock East #2. I know that the flowers class was full with waitlist, but my 2012 schedule is completely full of classes, events and shows. I can't do a second (oooh, spoiler!) trip to the Carlisle School of Glass in a single year, so perhaps I'll see you at GSEast #3!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-11-11, 8:14am
Wooohooo,GS!

No worries Hannah! I am very thankful that you could do both this year and I understand how busy you are! I am glad that you are still coming West for the flower and crossover classes next year. They loved your classes at both events, you rock girl!
Hugs, deb

Old 2011-12-06, 8:21pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi everyone!

Just got back from teaching in Eugene at Eugene Glass School last weekend.

We had to change the set dates for Glass Stock East to make sure all the staff could make it. We have moved the dates back 2 weeks to Oct 11-14th, 2012. It is the weekend after Columbus Day weekend.

Featured artists and staff will be posted Jan 2nd on Glass Stock East page at debcrowley.com. Full roster of classes will be posted by April 15th..If you want to submit a class to be considered for teaching, please follow instructions on the Class Submission page on same site.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Soooo many ideas....so little time....
deb