Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-06-29, 7:30am
flight risk

I learned to rotate the bead faster to surface heat and slower for deep heating. Seems like common sense, but was an AHA! moment for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-06-29, 8:16am
Lifelong Student

I learned how to keep EDP from devitrifying, and what to do if it does. I also learned how to use black for webbing.
Old 2015-06-29, 10:25am
Chief Creative Goddess

I learned that LE is my go to place to learn, laugh, de-stress, and actually feel normal that I talk in numbers and letters and strangled words--"oh that bead has yummy batch of some old 256, and dots of DH and EDP, plus some DSP all encased with zeph"...while my family says what the..??!!
I learned that a lot of us have amazingly difficult challenges, like illnesses or death, or divorce, or kids--and the support, advice and wise ears are here 24/7.
I learned asking for help will get you more responses then you could imagine. I learned how protective (No spammers! No takers!) and yet still extremely generous glass folks can be.
I love LE!!
Smiles, Sheri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-06-29, 4:21pm

I must say, I wish this forum had a like button for awesome posts lol!
Old 2015-06-30, 5:08am
Glass-aholic

It does have a thread rating. You can give it 5 stars.

I literally learned about %80 of everything I know about glass from this site over the past 10 years. From color combo's to what actually silver glass was to how to know if your puppy is sick... Diet recipes.. Coco crack!!! Making smores with your torch, or kiln.. How to make a living off glass pumpkins, and no I do not care! Highlights on breaking news before it hits the news from peeps who live nearby... Weather for that matter too....And so much more. Without this site.. I would not be the glass worker I am today. Or he artist I am in general.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2015-06-30, 5:36am

I can't even begin to tell you how much I've learned from this site over the years. I took a small break to have a kid and when I got back I learned not to mention the D-word and that apparently my oxycon won't run my torch. Not sure how I've managed to make beads all these years. I'm just freakin amazing I guess! LOL

Old 2015-07-03, 8:36pm

I have learned that there simply just isn't an answer to the question of "Which is the best clear."

Seriously though, in the free tutorials section, I learned about making a cute little penguin that can be modified to make just about any animal you choose. There is also a critter exchange happening over in the Patio so peeps have no excuse not to get signed up. The tutorial can be found here: http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174656

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2015-07-04, 7:08am
Practicing perfect

I've learned that LE Mojo rocks and the caring generosity of most folks is beyond imagination and this giveaway is just one example of that.

Thank you for doing this Heather. I hope one of the newer members wins.

Old 2015-07-04, 7:37am

Here is where I have learned a lot. The most important one I learned that worked better for me than any other method was to mark my rods with a sharpie to get the same sized spacer beads. Another good one was the use of brass shavings in beads.
Old 2015-07-04, 4:30pm
Still Missing You

Everything I know about Raku frit I learned here. What an interesting venture at the time.

I would have to copy and paste the forum to tell what I have learned from LE. I no longer consider myself "self taught", more like LE blessed.

Heroes don't wear capes, they they wear dog tags.
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth.
The things you take for granted...someone else is praying for.
Old 2015-07-05, 5:14am
**Fuzzy Logic**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly Queen View Post
I've learned that LE Mojo rocks and the caring generosity of most folks is beyond imagination and this giveaway is just one example of that.

Thank you for doing this Heather. I hope one of the newer members wins.
Thank you Inez and I'm going through assigning all of the entry posts a number so I can plug them into random number generator and pick winners!!

FB friends
Old 2015-07-05, 12:30pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

The Random Number Generator has spoken and the winner is:
MoonArcher !!

PLUS as a thank you for the wonderful responses, we'll have a silver & bronze winner also!
(These will not be the same as the grand prize, but will still have some fun glass)
Silver: Vicki_Gough
Bronze: ccaronn

Congratulations and be sure to watch your pm's for a message from me!

Thank you all for playing!

FB friends
Old 2015-07-06, 6:58am
Glass-aholic

Congrats! And heather thank you for making this awesome throw-back-ish look into all of our LE pasts it's inspiring and heartwarming. Our own little 'LE for the soul' thread.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2015-07-06, 3:19pm

thank you for the opportunity and congrats to the winners!!
Old 2015-07-10, 9:25pm

Thank you! Thank you! I got my box today, can't wait to play with the glass! Hopefully tomorrow, I work early. You are awesome!
Old 2015-07-11, 4:00am
**Fuzzy Logic**

You're welcome! Enjoy

FB friends
Old 2015-07-21, 12:49pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Totally late back to the party--but still wanted to say "Thanks for doing this, and congrats to the winners!!"

Old 2015-07-21, 7:32pm
Judy Nelson

A litte late but many thanks for my box of shorts.
Judy
Old 2015-07-22, 3:26pm
Christine

Many thanks for my shorts too!