Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2007-10-29, 4:26pm
I poop flowers.

Default YEAH! Now I can torch like a grownup!

I finally ordered my 12` long hose so I can hook up to bulk propane, and it came today! Now all I have to do is get the bulk tank, and a bracket to mount the HH to the table and I`m all set to go!

I do, however, have yet one more stupid question...when I`m finally hooked up, do I turn the propane about halfway on, or does it even matter? Is it a matter of personal preference? I guess since I never turned the MAPP bottle on the whole way before I lit it, it pretty much works the same way?

Man, I can`t WAIT to finally be able to try some stuff that`s been in my head without the torch freezing up after 25 minutes.

If I`m this excited over a bulk hose, imagine what I`d be like if I ever got a new torch, lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2007-10-29, 4:34pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Open propane tank all the way...... If its full open then there is only one way it will turn when you are trying to turn it off if you are under a stress situation (panic)...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2007-10-29, 5:37pm
I poop flowers.

Aha! Good point!

I just realized it`s how high I turn the TORCH on, not the gas, DUH!!!!

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2007-10-29, 6:53pm

I agree with Dale. Always turn the tank on full so there is only one way to turn it off. I do the same thing with my Y connection. The only thing I don't do this for is my acetylene tanks since I was always taught they were only cracked open a quarter turn. I am not sure if this was a safety thing to limit the amount to turn it off in an emergency or what since I was taught it both in welding and jewelry classes.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-10-29, 7:42pm

If you're switching from MAPP to propane, be sure to work a bit higher in the flame until you get used to it, and less flame to start... Congrats, I love the heck out of my bulk propane.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon