Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2009-01-09, 7:53pm
Burning through glass

Default New free tutorials from JetAge Studio

*Hi folks! I'm editing the thread to ask a favor....we're experiencing some bandwidth trouble with the site as many of you have experienced. There has been an overwhelming interest in the tutorials (thank you all SO MUCH!! ), and our 'site' cant keep up. We're working on a solution, so in the meantime, we ask for your patience and please check back to see if you can access the tuts later. Please bear with us while our new site is done. If you've purchased the murrini and need help with them, by all means, email me!

Hi folks, I just finished updating the website, and it now features our Murrini tutorials for you to download for free. I just can't keep up with all the busywork sending out the emails with the tuts, so here they are for everyone...you're on your own! If you're just curious about using murrini, download the PDF and see if it's your cup of tea!

Also, just released is my new 'Sweetheart' technique tutorial to go along with the very limited seasonal 'St. Valentine's' murrini blend. Go to our website for a free supplemental PDF tutorial in addition to the standard murrini PDF that shows you how to work these 'dual personality' murrini in your 104 coe lampworked beads. We'll teach you how to manipulate their shape with a super simple raking technique to make them into a 'sweetheart'. We leave it up to you to play with the technique or leave them round with the heart centers, either way, they look great! Get your free tutorials here: www.JetAgeStudio.com .

Thanks a bunch everyone!!
Renee Wiggins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2009-01-24 at 10:00pm.
Old 2009-01-09, 7:56pm

Renee,
the download link is broken!!!!

Old 2009-01-09, 7:58pm
Burning through glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckeyes View Post
Renee,
the download link is broken!!!!
Hmmm, do you get an error message? I'm not having a problem with it. Which one is broken?

Custom Supplies:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2009-01-09 at 8:03pm.
Old 2009-01-09, 8:51pm

hmm, now there are no download links at all!

Old 2009-01-09, 9:09pm
Hole Challenged

Links are working for me. Thanks for the tutorials!!!

Old 2009-01-09, 9:29pm
Burning through glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckeyes View Post
hmm, now there are no download links at all!
Thanks Melodie!

This is the first I've heard the downloads don't work.
I have no idea...hmmm, I haven't changed a thing. There should be a download link at the bottom of the images
Very strange. Internet shenanegans.

Anyone else have trouble?

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2009-01-09, 9:36pm

No download either

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2009-01-09, 9:45pm

Worked for me too! And yes thank you so much!
Old 2009-01-09, 9:57pm

I would like to try your tuts, but they won't download for me. I'll try again later, the link is there for the download but it doesn't download from the site. Dicrodi
Old 2009-01-09, 10:07pm

I just downloaded them, actually opened the .pdf and then saved it. I'm using Internet Explorer. Maybe it's a browser thing?

Thanks!

Carol
Old 2009-01-09, 10:37pm
Burning through glass

I know it works for Firefox and IE. Sorry for all the trouble, something I have to look into....seems to be working for half of us.
Bandwidth thing maybe...it IS a googlepages website.

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2009-01-09, 11:10pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Wow, your murrini are just beautiful and your PDF is equally gorgeous! Are you a graphic designer too?

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2009-01-09, 11:21pm
Burning through glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
Wow, your murrini are just beautiful and your PDF is equally gorgeous! Are you a graphic designer too?
Thanks Lori. I used to work for a professional photo lab and did all their digital restoration, PR material layout and some book design, lots of 'odd request' projects ...I learned on the job. Now it's something I really enjoy doing for myself; it's a tool to help me do what I do.
Thanks so much for the compliment!

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2009-01-09, 11:23pm
NW Oregon

I can't find a link to any tutorial either

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2009-01-09, 11:29pm
Burning through glass

grrrr! that's just frustrating. Can someone who cant get the link tell me what you're seeing on your screen? Do you see the 'tutorials' section, and the images of the tutorials? Under the page image in the sections of the two different tuts I have avail, I have set up a link that ends in '.PDF', when you click on the link (assuming you can see it), what happens? Does the download time out? I'm so sorry this is happening. No idea what to do because everything works as it should on my computer. Help!

Custom Supplies:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2009-01-09 at 11:32pm.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:38pm
Hole Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancaro View Post
I just downloaded them, actually opened the .pdf and then saved it. I'm using Internet Explorer. Maybe it's a browser thing?

Thanks!

Carol

I thought that too but I just tried it in Fire Fox and it gave me the option to either open or save so I can download in both browsers. IE just opened it as a page for me as well, I saved it from there. Really strange.

I agree that the PDF is just gorgeous!

Old 2009-01-10, 12:16am
Sheila

I was wondering how heart centers would look with striped murrine. Thanks, Renee!

BTW, the PDF opens for me using Google Chrome. It just took a little longer than normal for it to download. It popped up just when I started thinking it wasn't going to work.

Old 2009-01-10, 5:34am
Mad about Glass

I can't find the tutorials!!!!

Sorry. Just fund them but they won't download.

Jenn

[url]

Last edited by Ekkie; 2009-01-10 at 5:36am. Reason: New info
Old 2009-01-10, 10:42am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

no pictures or downloads for me either, I clicked on one of the red X and got this message":

The bandwidth or page view limit for this site has been exceeded and the page cannot be viewed at this time. Once the site is below the limit, it will once again begin serving as normal.

Old 2009-01-10, 12:04pm
Burning through glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
no pictures or downloads for me either, I clicked on one of the red X and got this message":

The bandwidth or page view limit for this site has been exceeded and the page cannot be viewed at this time. Once the site is below the limit, it will once again begin serving as normal.
Ok, that confirms my suspicion, it's was a bandwidth thing....thanks so much for the message Suzanne!

So, I guess if others get that message, just try back again at a later time...I have been getting a lot of traffic so a bandwidth thing makes sense.

Sorry again in advance, try again in a few minutes!! Renee

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2009-01-10, 12:09pm

Sounds like we just need to take turns. *smile* I did have trouble finding them at first because I didn't scroll all the way down and then when I did, there they were!

I just love them by the way. You're so talented to have the skill to imagine, create AND get that information in a beautiful form for others. I'm going to try them this afternoon and really appreciate your tutorials and all the hard work you put into them.

-Carol

Oops, just posted at the same time. Thanks again, you're a very generous person! -C
Old 2009-01-10, 1:59pm
My opinion not needed

Just an FYI....I use IE and when I have tried to download the tutorials I get this message (I click the button to download and another page opens with this message centered on the page):

Also...I used to be able to see the pictures on the website...today all I am seeing is the box with a red X

Just and FYI ... thanks for the free tutorials. I'll try to get them later

Old 2009-01-10, 2:18pm

Beeeeeutiful, Renee!!

Old 2009-01-10, 2:37pm
Connie O

Hi Renee - I'm on Firefox and had no problems. Just wanted to thank you for your generosity in sharing these. The only time I tried using murrini , it was a disaster! Maybe now it will go better.......

Also, I printed out the Valentine page and it's pretty enough to frame! You have a real gift for layout, color, background and photos!! Thank you

Old 2009-01-10, 2:56pm

Thanks a bunch Renee!!!!!! I got the band width thing too ,Ill try later.....Im excited!!!!

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2009-01-10, 5:40pm
Burning through glass

You are all so FANTASTIC to put up with me!! Thanks so much for the kind compliments!!

***Update on the free PDF download from my site...apparently the tut download page has been getting a lot of visitors (a lot more than I expected) and the bandwidth is getting maxed-out, so if some of you out there are trying to get to the tuts and get an error message, please try back again in a few minutes, or if you're not in a hurry; a couple of hours (...midnight! :lol ). The site just gets 'bottlenecked'....darn googlepages!! I'm working on a new site....it's just taking a little time! Thanks for bearing with me everyone!!
Renee

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2009-01-10, 6:08pm
just plain silly

Thanks for working on this Renee. I want to see the murrini tutorial so I'll check back later and hopefully it will work!

Suzanne
Old 2009-01-10, 6:18pm
Detail G-Mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post

That's what I get also!

Old 2009-01-10, 7:32pm
I think I could be a bead

I just tried it on firefox, and I can't find a link.

Old 2009-01-10, 7:40pm

I just tried Explorer and Firefox and got this message also:

Jill