Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2011-02-17, 11:52am

Default Tutorial Format Question

I am curious to learn the different and best ways to format a tutorial for sale. I realize .pdf files are ideal, but do you manually email the file or is there a way to have it become an instant download for the customer? Knowing myself, I'd want it right away. Any ideas of how to do that?
Thanks!
Monica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-02-17, 12:21pm
Born Facing Left

I always manually email the file. It's a personal choice, because I want to take the time to thank the buyer by name. On the other hand....it can cause a delay of several hours, but I mention that in the description.

(As a buyer, I'd have no problems with an instant download.)

Old 2011-02-17, 12:30pm
beads....mmmm

Hi!

You can take a look at e-junkie. I've used this for clients and it worked well.

http://www.e-junkie.com/ej/features.htm#digital

::
Old 2011-02-17, 1:05pm
Storm Queen

Yep, e-junkie. It sends an email to the buyer and I believe it uses their name in the greeting too. You type out what you'd like the email to say as well. $5 flat fee per month and if you sell a lot of tutorials it's ideal. No emailing tutorials, no waiting on the buyer's end and no Etsy fees.

Old 2011-02-17, 1:14pm

Thanks all of you!!! I will look into e-junkie. Sounds like what I need. If anyone has any Do's or Don'ts in the tutorial world, I appreciate any advice. I appreciate your time and promise to pay it forward by helping on LE where I can.

Old 2011-02-17, 1:16pm
Storm Queen

I do suggest that a few weeks after releasing your tutorial that you put it up on Etsy too. You don't want to miss out on the glass peeps that don't visit your website or LE...

Old 2011-04-26, 1:10am
Lush!

I have a Mr Site website and there is a Digital Download option which automatically sends out the PDF. I have Mr Site Pro - not sure if the regular Mr Site has this function too.

I wasn't sure if/how it would work but its brilliant! The customer doesn't have to wait, the file downloads really quickly (well, my tut is 1.8mb and customers have reported that its been downloading really quick!) and then I follow up with a personal email later, asking them to let me know if they experienced any problem.

I just have to be really careful not to miss any Etsy purchases, I hate to keep customers waiting for their file!