No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-01-21, 9:59am
Megan's personal Sherpa

Default Glass suppliers in Western Washington State

Hey all my lampworking friends, my freind Karen, Karen and I are taking a road trip to the Tacoma Glass Museum in a couple of weeks and want to put together a list of glass suppliers to stop in and visit/shop while we are there! I know of a few.....Frantz, Momka, Olympic Color, Double Helix.........can any of you wonderful folks tell me who else I should go visit?

Thanks so much!

Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Deb
Old 2009-01-21, 12:56pm

Default Bearfoot Art Glass Studio in La Conner, WA

Hi, we do not sell glass and supplies, but if you happen to make it up north to La Conner during your stay, you would probably enjoy coming by our studio. I don't know if you've heard of Scott's tools, but if you have, you could have Scott give you a demo if you'd like. He makes the Electric Mandrel Spinner, Rolling Marvers, Powder Vibe, etc. Or you could just come to see our gorgeous town and look at a lot of great eye candy in our shop.
If you happen to be here Jan. 31st, you'd be able to buy a ticket if you like to attend an event here we are doing with our neighbor (fine art painter). For $35, you can see Scott doing a demo on his fossil cylinder bead and Aleks will be painting a still life from start to finish. Reception at lunch time. Great fun.
Anyway, have a great trip!
Monica Bouwens

La Conner Chamber of Commerce

Bearfoot Art Home Page and Event Info

Old 2009-01-21, 1:00pm
Entropy increasing....

Hot Glass in Seattle is just a few blocks from OCR. They sell Kugler and they have a hot shop with seats so you can watch them blowing glass.
Old 2009-01-21, 9:34pm

Hotglass Color & Supply

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-01-21, 9:53pm

Northstar glass in Tigard Or, Glass Alchemy in Portland, Bullseye glass in Portland, Momka's in Lynnwood Wa are just a few of the glass manufactures I would certainly stop by for a tour and buy some glass from. call a head to each , but most are very cool in you dropping by.
if you make it as far as Eugene? Winship and Cornerstone are good shops as well as Aquila Art Glass in Portland.
From Tacoma its about a two hour trip to Portland. fun town, great glass source

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2009-01-22, 10:47am
jessica barksdale

l always go to fifth ave glass (at the corner of 5th ave & bell st) in downtown/belltown in seattle. they have hot glass & color supply in the back (i *think* this is the same place lara was referring to ) they also have live furnace glass blowing. its a cool place. have fun while you're here!

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-01-23, 12:28am

Sounds like it Ruca.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-01-23, 12:44am

gaffer glass in kent