LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-05-09, 7:33am
You talkin to me?

Default Is there a nice, true transparent orange? 104?

Hello! I'm searching for some nice, true transparent orange. I've seen tangerine and some yellows, but nothing nice and true orange. Does anyone know of something I might like?

Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I work on a Minor burner, with an oxy-con and household natural gas

Last edited by melzip; 2008-05-09 at 7:36am.
Old 2008-05-09, 8:13am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I like plain ol' Effetre transparent orange, myself.

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2008-05-09, 9:03am
You talkin to me?

Is that the one with the tiny line down the center of the rod? If so, I have a few of those, and they come out red. The line inside looks orange, but once struck, it's just red.

Old 2008-05-09, 9:15am
Master Procrastinator

Effetre has a striking red, yellow orange. It's possible you may have the red one.

Old 2008-05-09, 9:24am

Hey Mel! I use Lauscha's transparent orange.

It's a nice orange. Although I don't use much orange in my beads, I've never noticed it turning red. Maybe if you mixed or layered your transparent orange with transparent yellow -- that might help. Back when Effetre still made translucent yellow, that was a GREAT base for transparent orange.

Candy

Old 2008-05-09, 9:38am
Glass-aholic

clockwork from CIM

Lauscha tangerine is really orange

it is darker in person. I made this vessel with it (sorry for the big picture)

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-05-09, 9:50am
You talkin to me?

Oh those are awesome!! Thanks ladies!!

Old 2008-05-09, 10:09am
Torchabilitizimator.....

I worked with Lauscha Tangerine ( as mentioned above) the other night and it is really a pretty orange color to me

Old 2008-05-09, 10:11am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Those are luscious! Now I need to make something ORANGE!

You know, I should NEVER respond to any question having to do with transparent colors. Since my work is blown, and the walls are thinner, more light passes through, making the color totally different from what it would be in most beads.

I'm sitting here drooling over the orange color combos. Yummilicious!

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2008-05-09, 10:36am
Born Facing Left

This is hands-down my favorite transparent orange. It's oddlot 937 Vetrofond Arancio Perfecto. I typically use it with quite a bit of clear, to let the light shine through.

Old 2008-05-09, 2:48pm
Ad astra per aspera

I've just fallen in love with CIM Clockwork. OMG is it juicy!!!!! A lot of other oranges tend to go streaky the more you work them. Clockwork will, too, but it seems to take a whole lot more effort to do it. This butterfly is a layer of Clockwork, a wrap of copper dichro, and another layer of Clockwork, with stripes and dots of Black Nebula. Not my best butterfly ever but the glass gods told me to stop when I did, so I listened.
Attached Images

Old 2008-05-09, 2:51pm
Ad astra per aspera

Sherry, that's gorgeous! I can't wait to watch you at Glass Stock!

Old 2008-05-09, 3:18pm
Born Facing Left

Thanks, Karen! I'm looking forward to meeting you! You really should give the Arancio a try....it's bulletproof. You can work it forever. It's a bit fussy to strike, but that just makes it exciting, lol.

Old 2008-05-09, 3:57pm

Wow, Sherry, now THAT's a UNIQUE piece! It's really hard to come up with stuff that no one else has thought of... that bead is totally different! And GORGEOUS!
Old 2008-05-10, 7:08pm
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzip View Post
Is that the one with the tiny line down the center of the rod? If so, I have a few of those, and they come out red. The line inside looks orange, but once struck, it's just red.
I checked my stock.. the ones that have the reddish line down the center is the transparent red. The orange is almost totally colorless. It has a SLIGHT tint of yellow to it in rod form

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-05-11, 4:19am
Torchabilitizimator.....

Old 2008-05-11, 8:14pm
You talkin to me?

Thank you for checking that! The rods I have, have a real thin line down the center, and it looks orange. Tomorrow when I have better lighting, i'll take a pic and show you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
I checked my stock.. the ones that have the reddish line down the center is the transparent red. The orange is almost totally colorless. It has a SLIGHT tint of yellow to it in rod form

Old 2008-05-28, 1:07pm

I really like clockwork orange and I really like it together with leaky pen.

I like the fact that clockwork orange can be both opaque and transparent.

Old 2008-05-29, 4:50am

Dang Sherry! Awesome bead! It seriously made my mouth water. I think I'm hungry for oranges, lol!
I need to go play with orange. Or eat an orange.