No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-03-05, 10:41am

Default Business cards

Hi all!

I want some good quality, color business cards....and will be incorporating a photo in the design. Does anyone have recommendations for either doing it myself or reliable companies that offer this service? Thanks in advance!

P.S. I live in NH...bordering MA, if that makes a difference...
Old 2008-03-05, 10:48am
ManBearPig

I own a printing company. I'll be glad to help you. I've done cards for several other people on here already.

chad@dooleyprinting.com for more info...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-03-05, 10:53am

Thanks so much! For some unknown reason, I'm unable to bring up your website....I'll check it out and consider all of my options. I'm hoping to save a few bucks, but I also want NICE cards.....talk about an oxy-moron!!! : - )))))

When I do check out your site, will I be able to see some examples of your work?
Old 2008-03-05, 10:57am
ManBearPig

I'll be glad to send you samples. We don't have a web site for our company. Well, we do, but it's pretty basic.

Our prices for full color cards printed on 14pt coated stock with UV coating are $56 for 500, $64 for 1000, plus shipping. Turn around time is about one week.

Old 2008-03-05, 11:03am

Does that price include the actual design? I think I'll PM you...thanks!
Old 2008-03-05, 11:07am
ManBearPig

Yes. That includes everything but shipping.

Old 2008-03-05, 11:58am
maybe tomorrow

Cosmo did my cards, and I love them!

Old 2008-03-05, 12:34pm

Cosmo, that's a GREAT price for full color! I'll keep you in mind for when I'm ready. Is there not a set-up charge?

Old 2008-03-05, 1:27pm
ManBearPig

We don't charge a set-up charge on business cards, post card, or things like that. If it's something like a catalog or something then there is a set-up charge.

Old 2008-03-05, 6:43pm

You do post card as well...what are your rates?

Please and thanks
Old 2008-03-05, 7:22pm
ManBearPig

Yep. We do post cards too. E-mail me and I'll give you all the info.

chad@dooleyprinting.com

Old 2008-03-05, 9:52pm
Glass-aholic

if you want to "try out" a look, vista print has 250 free cards and shipping is cheap too.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-03-06, 5:50am

Thanks to all!
Old 2008-03-06, 6:19am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
if you want to "try out" a look, vista print has 250 free cards and shipping is cheap too.
Vista Print is cheap for a reason, though. They use cheap paper and print their cards on an inkjet printer instead of an actual printing press.

You get what you pay for.

Old 2008-03-06, 6:54am

That's what I figured...not a bad idea for a test run, but quality is a priority for me.....I'll be in touch!
Old 2008-03-06, 6:54am

Rudy,

Hey!!!!!!! Are you close enough that you'd want to come to Rockland, Maine for a 3-day glass jam??? Ed & Virginia Slawson own "Playing with Fire" and, for a $25. contribution to fuel, you can come March 14, 15 and 16th and meet & spend time with Maine lampworkers. The Navigator is offering rooms for the Island rate of $50. night (& taxes) and it's right directly across the street from the studio.

Sue, who also needs business cards at some point in time!
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-03-06, 7:17am

I used Vista Print and the cards look pretty good. If you're on a tight budget check them out. They send out a lot of email specials, so just ask on LE and someone will probably have a code. The frequent emails can be annoying. I just send them to my spam folder until I need something.
Old 2008-03-06, 7:32am

Thanks Cosmo, I email you
Old 2008-03-06, 9:05am

I've used Vista print. I was a bit disappointed in the printed quality of my photos. They were grainy even though I had sent high dpi photos.

Honestly the price was right around what Chad is charging and I am willing to give a fellow LE member the business instead.

I'll be emailing you in a few weeks Chad once I get some good photos of my new stuff!

Thanks,

Amy
www.aleighdesigns.com
Old 2008-03-06, 10:59am

Thanks to everybody!!!! The sense of comraderie (spelling?) on this forum continues to blow my mind. Thank you so much for all the feedback. It is super, super helpful!!!

Sue in Maine: Thanks for the offer but I'm actually taking a class that weekend. Heather Trimlett will be at Queen City Lampwork, Manchester, NH and I live only 20 minutes from that location. Thanks anyway...I always appreciate hearing about classes, etc...
Old 2008-03-06, 7:24pm
Present tense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Vista Print is cheap for a reason, though. They use cheap paper and print their cards on an inkjet printer instead of an actual printing press.

You get what you pay for.
On top of that, they sell your phone number to telemarketers. I will not do business with Vista Print again.

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2008-03-06, 8:17pm

hey chad, do you have any enviro friendly cards? Something made with a ton of recycled paper? Thanks

Old 2008-03-07, 12:26am
Redbearmountain

Hello Chad,
Do you make cards for hanging pendants or earrings on? If yes I can explain more about size and all! Just let me know! Jacque
Old 2008-03-07, 6:43am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbearmountain View Post
Hello Chad,
Do you make cards for hanging pendants or earrings on? If yes I can explain more about size and all! Just let me know! Jacque
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowesky View Post
hey chad, do you have any enviro friendly cards? Something made with a ton of recycled paper? Thanks
Yes on both accounts. E-mail me for more info. chad@dooleyprinting.com

Old 2008-04-11, 3:25pm
Farewell promises nothing

Anyone have any other suggestions for printing business cards (full colour, glossy) other than Cosmo? I have emailed and still no reply. Time has run out and I am stuck scrambling to get basic cards made for my event next weekend. I still want nice photo cards done, but am back to square one for finding a source.
Old 2008-04-11, 3:27pm
I need more boro stuff

I'm cheap I printed my own from this site :
http://www.degraeve.com/business-cards/

Oh and I use the photo paper to get the glossy card.

Old 2008-04-11, 6:42pm
Burn baby, burn

I used Overnight Prints, but the turnaround time is about 7 to 10 days, unless you're willing to pay extra for faster processing. The quality was great, and I thought the price was good too.
Old 2008-04-11, 6:47pm
Borovangelist

I got mine via staples, they're pretty nice.

oh, and because they're businesscentric, for a few extra bucks you can get it quick.

|
|

Last edited by menty666; 2008-04-11 at 6:51pm.
Old 2008-04-11, 8:07pm
I know, I can't spell

One other note with vista printing, they charge you monthly also, so that is another thing to keep in mind, and it was a little up setting to see that they did that, and I didn't remember reading about it. I have actually used partner printing and they are amazing, and were cheaper then vista printing and much superior quality. They could take my pictures that I had designed for my moms bed and breakfast and print them exactly how I designed them, same with my personal business cards... However if you can support Cosmo, do it, much better to support others if you can.
Old 2008-04-12, 1:33am
Farewell promises nothing

BlueCat : I tried to support Cosmo, but I can't support someone who doesn't answer emails.

Thanks for the leads everyone.