LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2010-12-14, 4:15pm

Default My new Shedio!

It is finally complete and thought I would share. This has been an ongoing project that me and my dad have been working on for quite a while. Thanks for looking

http://i56.tinypic.com/3132idc.jpg Door has been put on

http://i54.tinypic.com/2v2e9dy.jpg Side shed for tanks. We added a roof and barn doors so we can lock it when I am not using it.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2el8t2q.jpg Tile flooring.

http://i55.tinypic.com/25prghf.jpg The cost effective hood made with aluminum flashing.

http://i54.tinypic.com/30cx4yw.jpg Bench with hood and some of my tools.
Old 2010-12-14, 4:28pm

Very nice! Be sure to show us what you're making out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-14, 4:30pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Very cool and welcome to LE
I like the nice wide work area!!
Sue

Old 2010-12-14, 4:53pm

That looks like a great little workspace!
Old 2010-12-14, 4:57pm
Looking for my waistline

Love it! I need to show this to the hubby. He really wants my glass studio OUT of the house, especially now that I'm learning to quit and I've started sewing again. The trick would be getting the electrical lines out to the building. We'd have to hire a state licensed electrician to do some of the work and they don't come cheap!

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new studio!!
Old 2010-12-14, 6:53pm

Hey thanks for the comments and welcomes! I've been coming here for quite awhile as I was getting the shop put together and taking some classes. This site has helped me sooo much! It was no picnic putting it together but I have enjoyed being out in it since I got the torch running freezing cold and all! I'll share some things once they start looking "decent" enough to put up here. lol

Chuckie: I see you are in SC as am I. If you are looking for buildings check out Graceland buildings. They will customize them as you want them and they are built well. This was a barn, had them leave the barn doors off and put a steel door on it and leave off windows etc. for security reasons. As for the electric we got a deal. My father works for the power company so he could buy the wires directly from them at cost and he had an electrician friend that owed him a favor so it came out pretty well on my end. I did have to dig the 100ft long trench myself though with a shovel and pick axe by hand. Not a pretty picture!
Old 2010-12-15, 9:47am
Gentleman of Leisure

Once you get power to shed and torch hooked up I suggest you do some serious ventilation testing before spending long hours in front of torch.....

You have a very large area without the generally accepted hood design and air flow controls usually found in most ventilation designs.... I fear without comprehensive testing you may find ventilation is not as effective as you hoped for....

Other than that...Cool space you have created....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2010-12-15 at 9:49am.
Old 2010-12-15, 10:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Once you get power to shed and torch hooked up I suggest you do some serious ventilation testing before spending long hours in front of torch.....

You have a very large area without the generally accepted hood design and air flow controls usually found in most ventilation designs.... I fear without comprehensive testing you may find ventilation is not as effective as you hoped for....

Other than that...Cool space you have created....

Dale
Ventilation has been tested and it clears out fast. All is well