The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-05-08, 5:20pm
Bead Lady

Default Too much Messy

Hi all,

I've inherited around 40 pounds of Messy. (Long story). Some I want to keep, some I want to sell - but what to keep?

Here's what I'd love to know: What Messy color do you like best and why?

I've got Hades, Crocus, Rose Quartz, Heffalump, and pretty much every other color.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers...JP
Old 2011-05-08, 5:27pm

ummm. All of it. Seriously, I would keep it all lol. I like every color I have tried so far. Love, love, love the rose quartz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-08, 5:33pm
I like to melt things

There are lots of gorgeous colours in the CiM line. I have not met very many CiM colours that I haven't liked. That said, I would definitely keep all of the following colours, if you have any.

- Canyon de Chelly
- Stone Ground
- Kryptonite
- Adamantium, Adamantium #1
- Charcoal
- Phoenix
- Hades
- Leaky Pen
- Great Bluedini, Great Bluedini #1, Great Bluedini #2
- Slytherin, Slytherin #1
- Algae
- Azure
- Rainforest
- Tamarind, Tamarind #1, Tamarind #2
- Elphaba #2 (odd lot, darker than regular Elphaba)
- Butter Pecan #5 (odd lot, lighter/greyer than regular Butter Pecan)
- Butter Pecan #3 (odd lot, darker/richer than regular Butter Pecan - similar to Adobe)
- Adobe
- Sepia Unique #1
- Dusk
- Dirty Martini
- Sherwood
- Sapphire

-
-
Old 2011-05-08, 5:34pm
Lampworkaholic!

Hades, Crocus, Rose Quartz, Heffalump ... Keepers!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-05-08, 5:37pm
sunscreen me baby

I can't think of one I wouldn't keep.

~

Old 2011-05-08, 6:10pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
I can't think of one I wouldn't keep.
Me either.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-05-08, 6:17pm
Burnt Wood Beads

Ya know...I have had dreams of walking into a garage sale and finding 40-50 lbs of glass....lol....

Have a blast melting it all! hehehe

Old 2011-05-08, 6:35pm
sunscreen me baby

lol Julie. I have dreams of finding oh say.... a few hundred pounds of zimmerman on Craig's List

~

Old 2011-05-08, 6:41pm

However......if you do decide to sell any.....just let me know....

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 2011-05-08, 6:47pm
Entropy increasing....

That's a lot of glass. You know what will happen if you sell some of it off, don't you? You will find out later that it's the color you love the best.

Keep the stoneground, hades, tuxedo, peace, rose quartz, cirrus, peacock, halong bay, sangre, ...

You know, it might be easier to list what you should get rid of....nothing. lol
Old 2011-05-08, 6:53pm

Default CiM glass

Unless you need to money keep it all. It is great glass.
Old 2011-05-08, 9:02pm

I agree, keep it all! I adore CIM glass.
Old 2011-05-09, 6:54am

What everyone else said, they have great colors - I'd keep it all.

Old 2011-05-09, 7:21am
Oinky Oink!

There is no such thing as "too much" glass so I would definitely keep it all.
Glass hoarding is definitely a good thing.

Christy
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. ~Oscar Wilde
Old 2011-05-09, 9:22am

My collection's gradually expanding to include every colour and I love it all!

What not to keep, umm... pulsar's very similar to Effetre 036 transparent dark turquoise/dark aqua. So if you have loads of one you don't really need the other.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-09, 3:26pm
one day at a time

Wow, 40lbs...dang! Keep it!
Old 2011-05-09, 5:14pm
Looking for my waistline

Once you start using it, you'll regret parting with any of it! I vote for hanging onto it and figuring out which colors you love. Everyone has their own color favorites.
Old 2011-05-09, 7:49pm
THE PEN IS BLUE!!!

my favorite is celedon. a fantastic blue/green. alot of streakyness.

though i say keep it all!

Old 2011-05-10, 8:11am
Bead Lady

Thanks everyone! I'm still sorting through all I have, and am somewhat distressed to think of keeping it all. But, I do have that feeling of "what if I sell it and then discover it is my favorite?"

The situation is that I've been given this glass to sell, so if I keep it all, that means I *buy* it. This isn't free glass, but while it is sitting in my garage I do get first pick.

In addition to all the Messy I have a couple hundred pounds of Effetre, so gets harder and harder to choose.

Darn...where is that money?
JP
Old 2011-05-10, 8:29am
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by janicepeacock View Post
Hi all,

I've inherited around 40 pounds of Messy. (Long story). Some I want to keep, some I want to sell - but what to keep?

Here's what I'd love to know: What Messy color do you like best and why?

I've got Hades, Crocus, Rose Quartz, Heffalump, and pretty much every other color.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers...JP
Too much messy??
Old 2011-05-10, 8:32am
Mary Lockwood

CiM colors are delicious and easy to work with.

The blacks are wonderful, definitely keep those. The opaque pinks are also very nice and stable keep those. If you have the transparent cranberry and it is an older batch, be sure to hold onto that. The newer batch has a recognized compatibility issue. If you've got one of the good older batches it is definitely something to stranglehold.

I don't much value their clear so you could pass on that.

The rest is all preference. If you love it, keep it. If you like it, keep a rod or two and sell off the rest. My personal favorites are evil queen, rose quartz, mermaid, leaky pen, hades black (I like it better than tuxedo if you have both keep the hades), celadon, dirty martini, slyltherin and stone ground. OH...and peace white. Keep all of that.

~~Mary

Old 2011-05-11, 3:51pm

A few of them have some issues with other glasses, like Cirrus? Halong Bay? I think there was something in here about annealing them differently? You might want to look that up before making your final decision. Great problem to have, doll!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2011-05-11, 4:01pm

There is no such thing as "too much messy." Just sayin..... ))))

Old 2011-05-11, 7:43pm

I hate poi. Does that help?
Old 2011-05-11, 7:45pm

If you have any black currant I would buy all of it...
Let me know....

Old 2011-05-11, 8:57pm
Fire Monkey

Adamantium: When you need a dark but black is too "black".
It's my fave and it's reactive with silver.

Old 2011-05-11, 10:40pm
da General

I just spent the last couple of hours re-organizing our Messy drawer (pun intended! lol!). I am not sure how many different colors are in your 40-pounder but considering that Messy has 76 colors excluding the uniques, if you have only half of those, we are talking only about one pound each. By that logic, I'd say definitely keep them all!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-12, 6:56pm

Canyon de Chelly, Sangre, Hades, Dusk, Dirty martini, Stone ground, Butter pecan, Gelly stye pink and Sepia. I really like them all but these I use alot.

Old 2011-05-12, 7:49pm

I haven't been able to get my hands on any.....but I drool over the colors online. Pinks would be my pick

Lanford BeadWorks
Old 2011-05-12, 9:40pm
Chief Creative Goddess

What about all that Effetre--holy tomatoes!! I want to know when you list the Hades-- would love a 1/4 or 1/2 lb, and later the Effetre please!!!