Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-03-17, 12:48pm

SUE LOST !!
Old 2012-03-17, 3:09pm
Playing with Fire!

This is Duane. I'm signed under Ed's ID. Yah, Sue lost best out of three- 2-0!
It was over before it started. Sue had one great hand, 24pts, in the first game thatactually had me panicking. Then she started her trash talking and it was OVER.

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Playing with Fire!
Old 2012-03-17, 7:00pm
Live and Let Live

Oh no... Poor Sue!

Old 2012-03-17, 7:53pm

Poor Sue!
Old 2012-03-18, 12:54pm

The match was on. Both contestants, Duane of Mass. and Sue of Maine, showed up in the same spot, one that had a cribbage board and a deck of cards. People waited anxiously... who would win this grudge match. Yes, that same grudge match that's been trash-talked to bits and pieces here on LE.

Duane, funny fellow that he is brought me a present... trying to psyche me out? That will NOT work! Quake in your boots, Duane. It is reckoning day in the cribbage world!

In cribbage, a "19" hand is a zero scoring hand. I prefer to take his lemon-y gift and turn it into lemonade, which is NOT my IQ- thank you very much, Pam!

The pre-game speech was given... no punching, no kicking, no jabbing... We don't listen very well, do we????

Well, once the cops got there and put a stop to that, the contestants got serious. The deck was cut and the game began. Count this, deal that, count this, sulk over that, yahoo over that, count this, deal that... emotions ran high.

That's Sue's thumb... what a fantastic hand, deserving of being preserved for posterity.

Damn, are you sure you scored that much, Sue???? (He quivers, he shivers, he shakes and quakes in his boots. Nobody checked his drawers!)

And another good hand.... life is very good in the cribbage world of Sue (right now anyway!)

The momentum slowed. Time stood still. The planet earth started rotating in the opposite direction and the impossible happened: Duane beat Sue at cribbage--- two games in a row!!!

Yes, folks, that is a big "L" on Sue's forehead. She lost the cribbage match of the year to Duane. Life as we know it has ceased and the twilight zone has renewed its lease on life. However, we must all be brave and carry on.

Congratulations, Duane, on two well played games.

Can anyone say "rematch" or should I let him keep the crown?????

I hope all of you have enjoyed the step by step-- it's just sad that I stepped in what I stepped in! hahahaaa.... I'm typing this, Duane. When you get safely home in Mass., I hope you stop into the potty and check this thread out. Humble fellow that you are, I can imagine your comments already!

On a more serious note, Duane was in pain from his back most of this weekend so I'm going to consider I did my part in making him feel better by losing to him? Did anyone buy that?

David, sweetie... about that glitter bomb you're going to send me? I've changed my name. My new name/addy in RAOGK is under Demcc2.

Sue
and the present is a gift.

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2012-03-18 at 4:35pm.
Old 2012-03-18, 4:10pm

Great glass jam. Thanks so much to Ed and Virginia for hosting. As always, its the best place to be with friends, glass & fire. (and some food too!)
Thanks for posting pics Sue. Hope everyone got to enjoy a piece of sunshine today too.
Old 2012-03-18, 4:37pm

We did have a lot more going on than the cribbage match. Oh, I should add that Kristi and I played this morning and I lost BOTH of those games to her! I think I will take up bowling!

This is a link to the rest of the pictures I took.

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220286

Sue
Old 2012-03-18, 5:00pm

Sue: I will play more games with you next time to get you all warmed up for the next big match.

Candy
Old 2012-03-18, 5:08pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by casevent@yahoo.com View Post
Sue: I will play more games with you next time to get you all warmed up for the next big match.

Candy
Better yet, go beat Duane up for me... or whup him at cribbage. That would be even better!

It was a great weekend, wasn't it?

Sue
Old 2012-03-18, 5:55pm

I won't be playing for a crown next time...I'll be playing for glass! or better yet.....GS cookies! Boxes of 'em

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-03-18, 7:09pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Thanks Ed and Virginia!!! You guys are the best hosts ever!!!

Thanks everybody else. I know I gained weight on slutty brownies, home-made candy, snicker-doodles, irish cheese, etc....

Came home with new frit, bead release, glass, etc.

I still can't make a hollow bead to save my life! But it was a great time.

Can't wait for the boro class in two weeks!!!! Deb the Boro Bitch showed up with NO boro, so she is now Deb the Bitch...lol

So fun!!! Thanks everybody! I am tired. I think it was from all the crying going on in the other bedroom..

Sorry you lost, Sue! Congrats, Duane!

Pam
Old 2012-03-18, 8:08pm

Thanks so much to everyone who made it a great weekend! We even managed to melt some glass between the various cribbage matches The weather was remarkably warm for mid March -- we had the door open for much of the time. So much better than shoveling snow!

Pam's wooden burl marble stands made their debut, along with some more of her wonderful cutting boards. Pam, they're really beautiful. Probably best start amassing some inventory because I think they're going to be hard to hold onto to.

We made some Beads of Courage Purple hearts and beads which we'll be sending to BOC shortly. Thanks very much to everyone who contributed their pieces.

The food, as always, was soooooooo good. Thanks to everyone for the generous and astounding variety of food that we enjoyed. And most of all, thank you for your kind and gracious friendship.

Thanks for the wonderful photos! We'll post some more pics tomorrow.

Old 2012-03-19, 6:06pm
debmerrill

Thank you Virginia and Ed, for a wonderful day at the torch. I honestly think I made my best beads ever, and the most beads in one sitting! Great energy, laughter, friends and teasing. Let's do it all over again soon!
Deb
Old 2012-03-19, 6:18pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmerrill View Post
Thank you Virginia and Ed, for a wonderful day at the torch. I honestly think I made my best beads ever, and the most beads in one sitting! Great energy, laughter, friends and teasing. Let's do it all over again soon!
Deb
Oh Deb, you're welcome--thank you for taking part! You made some stunning beads! And the yummmo creme brulee--it was fantastic!

Maybe some occasional Sunday Jams-? wondering if that would work for folks...

~Virginia

Old 2012-03-19, 6:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net View Post
Thanks Ed and Virginia!!! You guys are the best hosts ever!!!

Thanks everybody else. I know I gained weight on slutty brownies, home-made candy, snicker-doodles, irish cheese, etc....

Came home with new frit, bead release, glass, etc.

I still can't make a hollow bead to save my life! But it was a great time.

Can't wait for the boro class in two weeks!!!! Deb the Boro Bitch showed up with NO boro, so she is now Deb the Bitch...lol

So fun!!! Thanks everybody! I am tired. I think it was from all the crying going on in the other bedroom..

Sorry you lost, Sue! Congrats, Duane!

Pam
Hey Pam! So much frivolity--it really tires you out!

Your beautiful Bread Boards and the Marble Stands are sooooo nice! I think we need some marble stands in the gallery. Forget the Cribbage Crown, you need a Cabbage Crown for the cooking of the Best Boiled Dinner--it was Deee-lish! Thank you!

We will do hollows when you come for the boro class next week!

Old 2012-03-19, 6:58pm

Duane, thanks for making the trip up from the South! -- have wings--will travel! And wasn't it sooooooo good to win the cribbage game?! Those "special" dice worked pretty well, didn't they? Thanks for joining in, and next time, don't make it so long in between!

Old 2012-03-19, 7:19pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I would display the stands, but they look naked without marbles...

Thanks again for everything! Can't wait for the class in a couple of weeks!!!!

YEAH!

It was fun to meet Duane too. It was really neat to actually see someone able to shut Sue up...lol!!!! hahahah

Pam
Old 2012-03-20, 8:15am

Quote:

YEAH!

It was fun to meet Duane too. It was really neat to actually see someone able to shut Sue up...lol!!!! hahahah

Pam
OK, you know we know how to fix the naked marble display problem, don't you?! Looking forward to seeing you at the class!

As to your last comment: yes, fun to meet Duane, and, and... ummmm... backing out of the room, slowly...

Old 2012-03-20, 8:25am

Quote:

YEAH!

Pam
Awwe thanks Pam (do you want payment in cash or glass) And ANYTIME you want to "quiet" Sue down just paypal me some gas money and I'll be right up

Duane
PS The bread board and mug have already been used

Old 2012-03-20, 10:33am

I AM SO MISUNDERSTOOD.... sigh......

Old 2012-03-20, 2:32pm

hey guys, we all need to teach Sue some NEW lines!!

~me

Old 2012-03-22, 6:00am
debmerrill

I am so loving my handmade breadboard - thanks Pam! Your handmade mugs should arrive today. Photo below shows my beads from Sunday in Rockland... whew! You guys inspire me to actually sit down and work all day! I am so happy and pleased with the results. Must be that liquid O2 that makes my beads come out so well...
Attached Images

Last edited by debmerrill; 2012-03-22 at 6:03am. Reason: add photo
Old 2012-03-22, 6:19am

Great beads Deb! Nice meeting you Duane - did that gold bead turn out? I was wondering how pink it turned once cooled. Pam, thanks again for bringing the beads back for me!

Thank you Ed and Virginia, it was fun like always! Looking forward to the classes this summer!

Tina

Old 2012-03-22, 8:42am

Hi Tina! It was nice meeting you, too! The gold one came out great! Only a touch of pink. I'll try to get a picture of it here when I get home.

Duane