Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2014-10-16, 8:54am

Default Gold and Green aventurine pieces

Hi everyone. I'm looking for gold and green aventurine pieces, naturally the more sparkly the better.

Thanks for checking
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-10-16, 10:33am

Duane,

Do you have any kind of bead shop in your area? If so, you can buy a hank of goldstone beads. They will shock and break (due to the hole in the middle, I think) but if you're careful and expecting it, you won't mind much. Encase them in clear and pull them out into stringer and you're good to go.

I've even found blue goldstone beads but can't say I've seen green. Then again, wasn't looking for the green so maybe they do have green in bead stores, too.

See you at the glass jam????

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2014-10-16, 10:38am
critter creator

Duane,

What size pieces are you looking for?

I have green aventurine broken up into smallish (1/4-1 inch) pieces, kind of ragged but workable (I use a gentle flame at first.) Lots of sparkle (large flakes, lots of shine.) It's supposedly 104-compatible. I've made a few pieces where it works, and a few where it doesn't, but this is with a large amount directly on the surface of a sculptural piece.

I have gold aventurine in large chunks (several inches diameter.) These are VERY good sparkle quality (small flakes, lots of shine.) I've had absolutely no problems with compatibility (104) on these, I use large quantities on the surface of a sculptural piece.

I also have large chunks of blue aventurine, not sure how many of these I have (need to go out and look), but I'm sure I could part with at least one.

Let me know what you're looking for and then we can discuss price.

I'll be at "Vendor Day" in Worcester on November 1 (
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) if you wanted to see them in person first, just be sure to let me know as I'll be selling finished work and wouldn't be bringing these otherwise...

Wes.

Old 2014-10-16, 10:40am

Thanks Sue! I can't think of any "local" bead shops. There was a great one in Providence but I'm pretty sure they went out of business. They had EVERYTHING. I currently have an ok supply of the gold but would like more just in case. The green I'm running super low on-I don't have a clue who I got it from last time.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-11-19, 8:02am

Duane, I get my aventurine chunks from Arrow Springs. Give their website a look.

Regards,
Helene
Old 2014-11-19, 2:38pm

Wes, I just saw this post, and would have simply loved to have gone to that vendor day event....!
Is there a place I can find out in advance about these events? I would really appreciate the info! Thanks, I look forward to one day seeing your critters!!
Old 2014-11-19, 3:15pm
critter creator

Quote:
Wes, I just saw this post, and would have simply loved to have gone to that vendor day event....!
Is there a place I can find out in advance about these events? I would really appreciate the info! Thanks, I look forward to one day seeing your critters!!
Khaleesi, check out the New England Chapter ISGB, I HIGHLY recommend joining - meetings aren't as regular as they used to be, but the events are worth going to and it's a GREAT group of people. $20 per year gets you on their email list, attendance to events, etc - it's well worth it. Here are links to their website and Facebook pages: