LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-12-19, 12:32pm

Default Great Dichro!

If you haven't had the opportunity to try the new dichro Lori Riley is selling, I suggest you give it a go! I admit, I am a dichroaholic, just can't resist that sparkle. Dichro can be a lot of work and blow out when you least expect it. This glass she has for sale is a down right dream. Goes on easily, has a good clean clear and a minimal amount of scum. If there's any scum and it was because I exposed the underside. I usually spend too much time plucking it off with other dichros even if I haven't exposed the underside to the flame. So, I had to give it all the tests to prove it's worthiness. I mixed it with CiM, lots of silver glass, effetre, reichenbach, encased, flattened and torched the heck out of it among a few other things. Then the acid test…the freezer. It held up! I'm sold. It's always nice to save time and money. Lori will be along in a bit to give you the details on how to purchase this awesome glass. Torch on!
Old 2013-12-19, 3:05pm
Angel's Mom

I agree. This is the best dichro on the market! I've almost used it up and I need to reorder.

No scum!!!! love it!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2013-12-19, 8:39pm

Thank Susie for the great comments about my dichroic strips. I have 31 colors or patterns on clear COE 104 and 1 color, silver, on black. If you would like to place an order or if you have any questions, you can email me at lkriley@comcast.net or lori@rileydesignsjewelry.com. You can also message me on my facebook page, Riley Designs Dichroic Strips. I can send you a list of all of the colors and patterns, the price list and widths that they come in. I usually get orders out within 1 to 2 days from the order date.
Old 2014-01-11, 10:15am
Cheesehead Packer lover

I have to sing her praises too!! The dichroic is beautiful!! The strips are even, well fused and labeled individually. I am so happy to have found such a wonderful supplier!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2014-01-11, 10:33am
Dichro Addict

I will definitely be ordering!

Old 2014-01-11, 10:49am
one day at a time

Wow, if it is that good, then maybe it's time for me to try again! It's been about 10 years since I played with it last, and those strips were not fused. I don't have to explain why I gave up so easily.
Old 2014-01-11, 1:40pm
I'm meeeeelting

I tried it at Glass Stock last year. I suck at applying dichro, but the colors were fantastic.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2014-01-11, 6:18pm
Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkriley View Post
Thank Susie for the great comments about my dichroic strips. I have 31 colors or patterns on clear COE 104 and 1 color, silver, on black. If you would like to place an order or if you have any questions, you can email me at lkriley@comcast.net or lori@rileydesignsjewelry.com. You can also message me on my facebook page, Riley Designs Dichroic Strips. I can send you a list of all of the colors and patterns, the price list and widths that they come in. I usually get orders out within 1 to 2 days from the order date.
I actually own one of Deb Crowley's beta fish on your FB page, and I can attest to the wonderful sparkle from your dichro

I'm a little confused how to order - is there somewhere you can see the colors a bit better than on your FB page, as well as the sizes and prices? Thanks!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2014-01-11, 7:28pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
I actually own one of Deb Crowley's beta fish on your FB page, and I can attest to the wonderful sparkle from your dichro

I'm a little confused how to order - is there somewhere you can see the colors a bit better than on your FB page, as well as the sizes and prices? Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing myself.
Old 2014-01-11, 10:16pm

I just got the Dichro I ordered from Lori! Wow, No other glass supplier has ever gotten me what I ordered this fast!!! Thank You, Lori!!!! Kelley
Old 2014-01-12, 7:55am
Angie09

Lori...Kelley....someone.....where does one see and order this fabulous glass??
Old 2014-01-12, 10:08pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Is there a link so I can see the dichro and possibly order?

Ebay:
Old 2014-01-13, 12:12am
Artistically Absorbed

I just got some too, great stuff! She uses her facebook page to take orders, I sent her a message, then she sent me a Paypal bill. I would recommend her. Here is here facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/RileyDesignsDichroicStrips

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2014-01-13, 6:25am
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoTantuli View Post
I just got some too, great stuff! She uses her facebook page to take orders, I sent her a message, then she sent me a Paypal bill. I would recommend her. Here is here facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/RileyDesignsDichroicStrips
What makes it different than the "other stuff" .... I am dichro challenged and would love to find some that actually works (it's most likely me!)
Old 2014-01-14, 8:40am

Hi everyone, Thanks Becca for telling everyone to message me on FB. I am working on a website right now, but for now messaging me on FB or send me an email at lkriley@comcast.net is the best way to contact me. I will send you a price list and a picture of the colors. I do take all credit cards and paypal. Thank you everyone for your great comments. I am very proud of the quality of my dichroic strips.
Old 2014-01-14, 10:09am

Great. I will definitely be sending you an email for prices and color pix. I love the sparkle.
Old 2014-01-14, 10:58pm
Artistically Absorbed

It is definitely comparable to CBS, and is pre fused on what looks like slumped rods. Nice stuff!! Thanks Riley!!

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2014-01-16, 5:21am

I definitely agree with everyone!! Lori's Dichro absolutely rocks my world!
When I was taking a class this past summer at the Gathering I noticed a flat cart in the corner loaded with Arrow Springs dichro. I thought to myself "ooooooh, sparkly..." When the Vendors area opened, AS tables were still covered and no one was there but Lori was at her booth ready to rock n' roll! Her dichro just seems more vivid and she also carries much wider strips as well as the narrow ones. I also have to add she's super easy to talk to and very helpful!

Duane

**DISCLAIMER** I have no personal or professional ties to Lori other than her being my dichro supplier (which I still have some left-thats why I haven't placed an order... YET)

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-01-24, 11:32am

Smile

Loris' dichro is the best dichro I have ever used!!!

David

Old 2014-01-24, 11:39am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Another happy customer here! Lori's dichro is fabulous! And, she is a fantastic lady, as well.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2014-01-27, 12:01pm

Oh Yeah. I received my package of RileyDesignsDichcroStrips from Lori today.
Great packaging, great service and beautiful product,
Thanks Lori.

Karen

ripzz
Old 2014-01-29, 11:02am

I have a pack of Lori's dichro just waiting to be used when I finally get down to the torch.

Old 2014-01-30, 9:12am

Does Lori ship internationally does anyone know?

Old 2014-02-12, 12:41pm

Just to let everyone know, I am having a Valentine's Holiday Promotion. For orders over $75.00, free shipping for US orders and $8.00 towards international orders. You can email me your orders at lkriley@comcast.net. This offer is good through this Sunday the 16th.
Old 2014-03-09, 3:40pm

I taken new pictures of the Riley Designs Dichroic Strips that include colors and patterns that were not in the previous pictures, but are available. Please go to https://www.facebook.com/RileyDesignsDichroicStrips and take a look. Let me know if you need any dichroic strips.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:43pm

IMO - Best dichroic I've ever purchased! Melts like butter, keeps its sparkle, no scum, no fuss, no muss, a joy to torch with. Finally, I have some success using dichro!
Love this stuff, thanks so much, I'll be back soon for more.
Cheers
Mary

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
Old 2014-03-26, 11:05pm

Love the Dichro I ordered from Lori. I had never used Dichro before and am so pleased
with it's success.

Karen

ripzz
Old 2014-08-22, 11:48pm
Naysayer

I was about to order, but what a cluster *, I can't see prices, I don't know which are crinkle or not.

Also I see she uses Uroborus clear, wasn't their issues with that clear?
Old 2014-08-23, 8:18am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Raven, unless I miss my guess she's using Uroboros clear sheets, not rod. Their sheet glass is crystal clear and gorgeous in 104. I'm not sure what went on with the 104 in rod form when it first came out. I haven't tried it again but they may have rectified that by now.

Old 2014-08-23, 8:18am

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a new email address to contact me. lori@rileydesignsjewelry.com I just moved to Arizona and am all set up and have added more crinkles to the list of colors. You can also call me at 916-220-6674. Thanks, Lori