TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-07-31, 4:40am
Disconnected

Pam said it extremely well. Honestly, I can't believe your BIL said that. Each of us should probably call GTT and ask for Kimberly, maybe he would get it... Seriously. The amount of time you spend here answering people's questions, defending the company when there is a lack of communication from them, explaining us how things work, etc. I have never seen even the stupidest question not answered by you within less than 24 hrs. Just give up the forum when they start production on the Scorpion and he might realize the amount of PR work you're doing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Flonche; 2009-07-31 at 4:47am.
Old 2009-07-31, 5:10am

Gee Your BIL said that?
Is 'Wally' American english for ungrateful dickhead too? (There is probably a more polite form of that phrase but nothing else comes to mind just now)

Kym

Last edited by Kym; 2009-07-31 at 5:13am.
Old 2009-07-31, 6:05am

Kimberly is indeed a amazing resource and PR face of GTT.

I had a disagreement about some past dealiing with GTT with her, and after having a long drawn out discussion with her (and her pulling some facts), and the other person involved realized that of all the crazy things it was MY shotty memory that was getting in the way. I just want to say thanks for singlehandedly changing my mind about GTT, and even though it got a little ugly, thanks for not making feel like a total memory loss fool in public. And I'm sorry that my shotty memories made me speak ill of GTT, and I appologize.

If i was GTT Kimberly would be a full time salaried employee, I've help run other companies before I got into glass, and I could never find an employee that was constantly that on top of their game like Kimberly is. She is definetally the GTT (and it seems alot of oxy con's as well) resouce of information. Hope they see the light, and you become GTT's new head of sales & advertising . And I hope that almost EVERY scorpion preorder/order has your name on it .

Kevin Sterbakov
http://www.firesideglass.com/
Old 2009-07-31, 6:13am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

OMG Kimberley he said that???

off to email

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-31, 6:15am
traumaqueen

there. I just mailed them that the only reason I ordered a scorpion is because I heared about it from you

Old 2009-07-31, 6:56am
A True Woofer

Kimberly, I can't believe he said that. Without you, GTT would be almost nowhere on the forums. You are a major major contributor to their company. Nevermind all the in-person stuff you do. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say hi to you at the Gathering before you left. I wanted to show you that I finally got my nose pierced!

Old 2009-07-31, 9:44am
PyronamixK

Thank you Pam, Flonche, Kym, Kevin, Suzanne, and Ellen.

My feelings are pretty hurt over how I've been treated (by Wally) and you all have made me feel a lot better.

I really do wish that they could be made to see that I do make a difference. Not much feels worse than working hard at something and then being dismissed/ignored/told you haven't helped or never told that you are valued.

BTW:
Kevin, I never set out to hurt you and I am glad that you're giving GTT a chance.
Ellen, I'm sorry I missed seeing you and your new nose piercing. I'll bet it looks really cute on you!

Last edited by kbinkster; 2009-07-31 at 9:46am.
Old 2009-07-31, 9:51am
balanced but asymmetrical

Your efforts and information about the GTT line are the reason I'm sold on the product. Maybe your bil is intimidated/jealous on some subconscious level?

Old 2009-07-31, 10:41am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Good grief - Wally needs a clue. Holy shit, I am almost speechless.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-07-31, 10:58am

I hope you forward these posts to Wally.

NOBODY would know beans about the Cricket or Scorpion without you. You've worked hard to maintain GTT's reputation and Wally should be ashamed of himself.

Your description of the Scorpion makes me wonder if it would outshine my Lynx with an OGSI-15. It's the first time I've the beginnings of torch envy since I got my Lynx and that's a long long time.

Your work on behalf of GTT and lampworkers is fantastic. Wally must be hanging around with a bad crowd, lol!
Old 2009-07-31, 11:10am
I fart diamonds

That's complete crazy talk! I ordered 2 Crickets last year because of you and actually, I did mention your name when I called and ordered my Scorpion yesterday. Tell Wally to, well, you know what to tell him.

Old 2009-07-31, 12:43pm
I need more boro stuff

What he said to you is ridiculous, Kim.

I ordered my cricket b4 because of you and I stated that on the email when ordering. I think my opening email was,"I saw Kim's post on LE regarding cricket... I'm wondering how much the shipping to Sydney, Australia?"

Now, I'm going to order scorpion (I know I said I won't since it's expensive, but all these info from YOU changed my mind)

Old 2009-07-31, 12:57pm
just plain silly

Because of you, and only you, I own 2 GTT torches and am getting ready to order yet another. YOU ARE THE FACE OF GTT. As I have told you before, Wally is totally delusional. Business is not his forte. He might be a good torch maker BUT that is only one piece of the picture. How does he think that we, the torch users, find out that a new product is being released? Has he never, ever, thought of how many more phone calls and emails he would be fielding without you? Maybe not, but his business would be half of what it is now on the low/mid priced torches because you unburden him to build and design torches. Without your tireless efforts to put yourself in these various glass forums to promote, defend, explain, answer tons of questions, talk technology above most people's heads (well, at least mine!) and STILL have time for your family.... well, I am beyond speechless at his selfish attitude.

OK, I have smoke coming out the top of my head now!!!!! I need to re-focus on my upcoming show this weekend, but I couldn't let him get away with his nonsensical view of who is the most excellent PR/ business/ customer service person he has surrounding him. I do business with GTT because of you. I feel you are unselfish, confident, honest, loyal to a fault, and have such high integrity that no matter what those boys say and do - it will all work out in the end because you don't hide in the shadows and are ALWAYS there when we need answers.

Wish I could give you a big hug because Wally sounds like he has NO IDEA what a gem he has in you. Showing some appreciation would be the absolute least he could do. You helped me out this week when no one would listen. My problem was resolved almost instantly after way too many weeks of stressing out (btw, it will be 8 weeks total door to door). I really can't thank you enough for being there for me. Wally doesn't appreciate you - but I sure do!!!

You are a GTT distributor so we should all order through you. Maybe, just maybe, he'd get the idea what a valuable asset you are when you turn in over 80% of the orders .... but then again.....

Suzanne
Old 2009-07-31, 1:13pm
needs creative tagline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEW View Post
Your description of the Scorpion makes me wonder if it would outshine my Lynx with an OGSI-15.
oooooh, that's my exact setup too. Would be very curious to hear how scorpion compares. More and more I do bigger boro and use my friend's mirage (tanked oxy) which i LOVE. I know this wouldn't be as good as that, but if its better than the lynx on the same setup......

laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2009-07-31, 1:33pm
Cheerfully Profane

It's actually a super idea to only order through Bink. Wally may not realize just how much work you do because he doesn't visit the forums, but you are the only reason I know as much as I do about GTT. It's a family business and you are part of the family that makes the business what it is. Hats off to you, Bink!!!
Old 2009-07-31, 2:37pm
Flaming Redhead!

Kimberly...I'm so sorry you have a BIL that is so totally clueless...he should be bowing down to you on a daily basis. You, and only you, were the one that helped me with my torch...well, Willy helped too, but you were the person I contacted first after getting nothing but frustration from Wally. Yes, Wally knows torches...but he doesn't know jack about dealing with people...you know, the people that use the product? LOL If you were not in the picture I wonder what the sales figures would be like for GTT? Left up to Wally by himself I'm sure the company income would be below poverty level.

Had it not been for you I'd be yelling all over this forum what a junky torch I had gotten from GTT...However, since YOU came to the rescue (and Willy too!) I can only sing the praises of GTT from the rooftops now!

And now, thanks to you and your people/technical skills I want a Scorpion...LOL...well, that might have to wait a bit.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2009-07-31, 4:01pm
Fancy Mammal

I own a GTT torch that I love, but I still get all my information about GTT torches from you. Almost every question I've ever had about GTT torches has been answered here, by you, when I wanted and needed an answer.

It's so clear to me that you've gone to bat for GTT when they're to busy to follow the forums, and deal with them (and like Alex9 said, that changes the tune that all the users sing on the forums too!).

Thank you for what you do, and I'll be sure to mention that the only reason I know about the new torches, much less am buying one is because of the information you've shared!
Old 2009-07-31, 4:07pm
In search of her path....

If it wasnt for you Kim I wouldnt know about that scorpion and what it would do and I sure as heck wouldnt probally consider it because I wouldnt really know whats up but I trust you Ive met you and Willy and like you both only time ive ever talked to wally was back years ago when I got my first torch a bobcat. I miss that dam torch. Ive thought about getting the cricket but dont know if the flame would get big enough for what I want but the scorpion I KNOW would be perfect. If I am able to get one I will DEFINATELY mention the ONLY reason I knew about it and was interested in it was because of your posts and sharing about it heck same with the cricket! and im still interested in trying one of those out to....

Prints for sale in my
!

Last edited by IF-Designs; 2009-07-31 at 11:08pm.
Old 2009-07-31, 10:14pm
PyronamixK

I think I will forward this thread to Wally.

Thanks, everyone. You've given me a boost in confidence.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:00am
traumaqueen

Yes, please forward this thread to Wally. He should make you a huge appology for saying something like that. I already emailed Pam about it and she would tell Wally I got my scorpion through you, but he might want to read it for himself. I never would have known about the scorpion if it weren't for you posting about it here.

Btw I also had a lynx, and still own two bobcats, and all the info I got about those torches came from you.

Old 2009-08-01, 12:01am
traumaqueen

*evil plan wich will not be executed but still* what if all the people who ordered a torch because they heard about it from you would cancell their order.....that would make him break out in a cold sweat now wouldn't it

Old 2009-08-01, 8:10am

hey how long is the introductory price going to last on the scorpion?
Old 2009-08-01, 8:38am

Kimberly, I know you know this, but perhaps others don't. Willy and Wally are absolutely completely BRILLIANT as far as designing torches and making them work the way we as artists need and want our torches to work. As far as I can discern, they are the very best in the business, bar none! I love them both dearly, but unless they are willing to step up and answer people's questions online, listen to their online complaints and work out the solution that fits that particular person, then they should leave it to you. You do a great service to GTT and spend an enormous time doing it. Yes, I know, their torches would still be great without you here, Kimberly, but I doubt seriously that as many people would be interested in their torches and they would not be doing the volume business they do because people would not be having the one-on-one personal service you give them. You are a great asset to their business and tell Wally that he is already in a bit of hot water with me, so he should definitely apologize to you, and then I will forgive him!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-08-01, 9:40am
PyronamixK

I'm afraid the problem is that Wally downplays the significance of the internet. That may be because he doesn't use it himself (personally) or it may be because if he admits that the internet is important, then he would have to admit that I have had an impact on GTT's business and that I am an asset.

It's stupid, because he knows the internet is important to get the word out, he uses email to take orders, and he has a banner ad here on LE. I think he just doesn't want to admit that I'm an asset. Maybe everything else on the internet is important, but not me.

He knows that I answer technical questions. His response? "Why are they asking you?" Never once has he thanked me for fielding questions.
Old 2009-08-01, 9:58am
Butterfly Rancher

Wow! I can't believe your BIL. I rearranged everything so I could come down to Miami to see the Scorpion during Open Torch. But I wouldn't have done that without you, Kimberly, telling us about the Scorpion. Just like last year, I would not have ordered the Cricket if you hadn't told us about it. I'd just gotten the Betta as a gift and I added a second torch in less than a month because I trusted Kimberly.

And, Kimberly, I appreciate that you're here online answering questions and doing the customer service and follow-up not only for the Regalia but for the GTT torches as well. I know when I get my Scorpion, if I have questions, you'll have answers.

Maybe when they start calling people for their credit card numbers because the Scorpion is about to ship, they should do a small survey and ask how the customer heard about the Scorpion. I'm betting more than 90% of the early Scorpion adopters read about it on one of the forums where you posted the fact that the Scorpion would be unveiled in Miami.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2009-08-01, 10:30am

Kimberly I am speeding through this thread and am sorry that you got your feelings hurt. You are certainly the voice of GTT on the forum. And your DH and BIL are both brilliant when it comes to torch design. Once I went to a GTT I never touched another brand. Your DH told me the story of how this torch came to be and it is an awesome story.
I think if they are not comfortable with internet technology then they should let you do it and thank you!
Please put an order in for me too. One for now at the sale price whatever that was.
Ok rushing to catch up on orders. Talk to you soon! Thanks.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-08-01, 10:31am

Wally needs to grab his pencil with both hands, hang on tight and get a grip on the reality going on around him. If he wants to stay in business, he cannot afford to ignore the internet and forums such as this, especially for the kind of products he wants to sell. Business 101 should tell him that he needs to go to where the customers are if he wants his company to survive and thrive....and that sophisticated products such as GTT sells require a fair amount of customer interaction and support. Being technical myself, I understand the "I just want to build stuff" mindset (yeah, I know that's the fun part), but if he's at all smart, he should understand that being good technically isn't enough to keep a business going. That's true of any technical business, no exceptions. If he's really smart, he will surround himself with people who are equally talented in the areas he is not - such as sales, marketing and customer care. Finally, if he has any sense at all, he will set aside any family or gender bias issues and objectively recognize when he has such a talented person right in front of his nose.

You represent a material asset to their business, Kimberly. They should hire you as their VP of marketing and sales - and compensate you (as would only be fair) for the obvious and substantive financial value you provide to their bottom line. Your thoughtful, honest and well-considered posts, as well as your many valuable contributions to our community, make you esteemed and highly credible.

Wally and Willy could own the lampworking torch market if they wanted. They need only step up their business maturity past the "I just wanna make the torches" stage to include the critical business operations side of their growth. Given the demand you've helped materially to generate, they could just as easily implode and scuttle a great business if they don't. And that would be a tremendous shame to see happen

Linda
Old 2009-08-01, 10:38am

Nice post Linda. I totally agree. I just think technology is really difficult for some people and those people are probably not going to change.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-08-01, 11:41am
PyronamixK

I should make it clear that Willy understands the importance of the internet and Willy appreciates me. He helps me whenever I need help. It's Wally who has the problem.
Old 2009-08-01, 11:46am

Thanks Paula!

I hope I expressed this clearly, and that I also understand your post - part of what I was trying to convey to Wally (and Willy) was to think beyond just the technical aspects of developing their products and step up their game on the business side. The right level and kind of business focus and customer support would, in my opinion, enable them to expand their sales considerably by attracting a greater number of lampworkers who may not be technically inclined, and shouldn't necessarily have to be to use the GTT products successfully. I think Kimberly has been superb at this.

Linda