Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-02-04, 2:06pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I have a couple people asking me about my fan, I try to reply but your account didnt set up to accept email, so please write again, just post your questions here in this thread, I check this thread from time to time. Thank you! (((hugs)))

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-07, 1:53pm

Default Woohoo

I am beyond excited about this thread! You guys are answering all of my questions about setting up indoors. I finally bought my new Nortel Mega Minor but I am outside on a screened-in porch in Florida and the hurricanes are playing havoc with my flame! I cannot wait to have an indoor studio. Thank you so much for all of your info!

Peggy
The Glass Chef
Old 2008-09-09, 7:15am
RaymondMillbrae

Just curious.

I read a whole bunch of cute remarks, but decided to skip to the end of this thread to ask a question:

Did anyone mention the danger of having the propane tank indoors? (Ummm...let me ask it again another way: Did anyone mention how really, really, dangerous it is to keep the propane tank inside)?

And secondly, what about the CFM of the fan. If it's a "stock fan," Im sure it is not sufficient to keep her safe.

The set-up is "nice-n-cozy"...but what about her safety?

Heellooooooooooooooooooooo...safety anyone?

INDOOR PROPANE

VENTILATION BASICS (Read Part 2 as well. Part 3 is his own personal design)!!

Encouragement is fine. And it's cool to pat someone on the back sometime. But how come no one mentioned safety precautions?

Just curious.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: It's weird, but I sometimes fall into the same trap. What trap? The one where I see folks doing something unsafe (because they may not know better), but decide NOT TO SAY ANYTHING because I am hoping someone else will mention it. It gets kinda old seeing the same mistakes, over and over again. And I am sometimes hesitant to say something, lest I should "offend" someone. But in the end...it's cool. If I look bad, so be it. At least someone might be safer after reading something I posted.

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 2008-09-09 at 7:26am.
Old 2008-09-10, 9:34am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I mentioned in one of my post that we were planning to cut a hole on the window and put the Propane outside. This was long long time ago. It's been done since forever, I just never update it cause this is an old thread.

Thank you for the concerns tho, I appreciate it so much!

Old 2008-09-10, 9:37am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glass Chef View Post
I am beyond excited about this thread! You guys are answering all of my questions about setting up indoors. I finally bought my new Nortel Mega Minor but I am outside on a screened-in porch in Florida and the hurricanes are playing havoc with my flame! I cannot wait to have an indoor studio. Thank you so much for all of your info!
Thank you, Peggy for the sweet post, glad this thread is any help. I can't imagine melting glass outside, you must be very patient.

Old 2008-09-11, 7:46pm
My opinion not needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondMillbrae View Post
Just curious.

I read a whole bunch of cute remarks, but decided to skip to the end of this thread to ask a question:

Did anyone mention the danger of having the propane tank indoors? (Ummm...let me ask it again another way: Did anyone mention how really, really, dangerous it is to keep the propane tank inside)?

And secondly, what about the CFM of the fan. If it's a "stock fan," Im sure it is not sufficient to keep her safe.

The set-up is "nice-n-cozy"...but what about her safety?

Heellooooooooooooooooooooo...safety anyone?

INDOOR PROPANE

VENTILATION BASICS (Read Part 2 as well. Part 3 is his own personal design)!!

Encouragement is fine. And it's cool to pat someone on the back sometime. But how come no one mentioned safety precautions?

Just curious.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: It's weird, but I sometimes fall into the same trap. What trap? The one where I see folks doing something unsafe (because they may not know better), but decide NOT TO SAY ANYTHING because I am hoping someone else will mention it. It gets kinda old seeing the same mistakes, over and over again. And I am sometimes hesitant to say something, lest I should "offend" someone. But in the end...it's cool. If I look bad, so be it. At least someone might be safer after reading something I posted.
I noticed that a couple people did mention the tank....it is also an old thread. The propane was discussed in 11/2005.

Great studio Born 2 Snooze! I'm in the process of moving from the garage into the house as we speak... I can't wait!

Old 2008-09-13, 9:31am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

((((Robin)))) Have fun with the move! And please share the new set up pics when it's done! I'm actually right now moving to my new house and in this house I will torch in my garage.

Old 2008-09-29, 1:22pm
My opinion not needed

Please come take a look.... http://www.angrymandrel.com/smfforum...ic,5163.0.html

Pictures from start to finish and you don't have to be a member of TAM...I posted it in a section that guests can visit.

Last edited by Wiley; 2008-09-29 at 1:23pm. Reason: fixing bad link...
Old 2008-09-29, 5:12pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I'll go check it out today, I'm a member by the way, born2snooze there too.

Old 2008-09-29, 5:22pm
My opinion not needed

See ya later then! I have to admit that I have always loved your studio...