Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2014-01-27, 12:25pm
Wonder-wench

I use a jelly jar style tumbler. It's thick and so far hasn't broken from tapping off or the many, many sizzling encounters with glass gone wild.

I must say I get deep satisfaction from drowning a bead gone bad, the hissing and sizzling somehow makes me feel better, like I'm getting back at the glass for not behaving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-08, 7:21pm
I'm listen-Oooh, sparkly!

Old busted and dented saucepan that turned up somewhere when we moved into our house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi
Old 2014-02-11, 9:07pm

I use a square flower pot that's about 4" square and about 4-5 " deep and no hole in the bottom. I have also dunked my finger in the water once when I actually put the torch out when my finger touched the face.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-02-11, 9:36pm
Loving learning

Ouch!
Old 2014-02-12, 5:51am

I use old canning jars for mine - a small one right in front of my torch for scrap bits of glass, and a large one on my table for dunking bad beads. They get a lottttt of use.

Old 2014-03-02, 1:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
Just dont use water at all. It is really not necessary and it always seems to spatter on work at the worst times.
Maybe you don't feel the need but it works for me. I have never had a problem with spatter.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2014-03-02, 3:05pm
Loving learning

The only time I had spatter was using a very shallow can. I make jars that are more deep than wide, and try to make them a bit heavy to make them unlikely to tip over, and have no trouble.
Old 2014-03-28, 7:26am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I am currently using a corningware casserole - horrible waste, I need to get my flat-bottomed stainless steel bowl back out there. I normally use water in it, so I can cool tools when I'm pulling petals and such, and so I can shock off the tips of glass when I muck them up, but of course, it's just been a big ice block for the last way-too-many months.

L-111

Old 2014-03-28, 7:27am
Loving learning

Oh Pat, that never even dawned on me! I can't imagine being that cold for that long!
Old 2014-04-01, 4:39pm
dances with ideas...

Small jar with a lid, to keep kitty lips out, lol.