Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-03-12, 6:44pm
Damn Yankee!

Default Hollow Fish Video tutorial

Well here it is. I had to do it in 2 parts because it was so long.

Samantha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQk8Nj3risE - part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6WQJFKEgss - part two

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-03-12, 6:55pm
honorary bead lady

Samantha Bravo!

Fishies
Old 2008-03-12, 6:57pm
Glass-aholic

oh yeah baby!! thats how ya do it!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-03-12, 7:04pm
I speak Murrini!

Another EXCELLENT Tutorial Series, my dear! Love it...!!! (Don't know if this little guy would stand a CHANCE being made on my Hot Head, but I might give a smaller version a try and hope those fins don't go a-flying!!!)

Thanks so much for sharing with us!

DeAnne in CA
(Resident "President" - Samantha Fan Club -giggle!)

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-03-12, 7:47pm
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Wow! I just watched all your videos and they are amazing. Very well done!!! You have done a fabulous job! I can't wait to see more.
Old 2008-03-12, 8:00pm

Wonderful, clear video!!!
Thank you
Old 2008-03-12, 8:08pm
Damn Yankee!

Thanks everyone, glad your enjoying them. It's about time I gave a little back. I sure wish I had more videos to watch when I was starting. I have learned a lot from forums like these though, and I am surely thankful!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-13, 7:56am
hi ho hi ho its off to ..

again a great job on the tut, I used your hollow bead tut and made some fish before I saw this ... I did not reshape my hollow so mine ended up looking like puffer fish they are in the kiln now and I'll post picks when they come out. Thanks for doing these tuts having a vidieo of a techniquie is great for me as I am a visual learner and vidieos give me many ah ha moments.

Thank you

People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on

Old 2008-03-13, 7:20pm
Damn Yankee!

Awesome Mark, cant wait to see!!

Samantha

I hope the other person (not saying any names) will post her fish too because she did such a great job! ....no pressure = )

Old 2008-03-13, 7:21pm
Virginia.

really cute fish - I didn't have any trouble making fishes on my hot head, when that was what I was using - go for it. It's broad bushy flame is good for keeping fins warm - V

If you have a chance, choose to dance!! If you are sick - stay home - you too can personally start a Pandemic!!! - Virginia

Old 2008-03-13, 7:32pm
Bead Imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaBeads View Post
I hope the other person (not saying any names) will post her fish too because she did such a great job! ....no pressure = )
hee-hee, no pressure, huh? Ok, here it is. I have 3 more in the kiln right now and plan on making more tonight. These are very addicting! Thank you so much for your videos. I was like a kid on Christmas eve last night waiting for this little guy to finish cooking. Ok, the first fish is one I made about a year ago. I'm only posting it so you guys can see the difference the video made for me.

Then this is the little guy/girl I made last night.

I also made a turtle from the other video. I'll go post pics in that thread. Thanks again Sam!!

Old 2008-03-13, 8:15pm
Damn Yankee!

Vicki, I love both the fish! I am so glad you posted them! Thanks for sharing!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-14, 8:07am

Default my hollow fish

group shot

black with raku

E.D.P.

Large black with raku 55mm lips to tail 28mm hole to hole

People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on

Old 2008-03-14, 8:09am
Damn Yankee!

Awesome Mark!! I think I like the blue one on the right the best!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-14, 8:27am

I like him too he was the first one I did, I did him the hard way the hole runs from his lips to his tail.

on

Old 2008-03-14, 5:04pm
Damn Yankee!

yeah, I'd have to agree that is the hard way!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-15, 8:24am

Default Awsome videos!!

So far I have watched all your vidoes, and they are GREAT!!! Please keep them coming.

Jeanette

Like my Facebook Page, Please
Old 2008-03-15, 10:03am

I've watched all of your videos and they are great!
Thank You....Thank You...Thank You!
Old 2008-03-15, 10:57am

I was just telling my DS here how wonderful it is these days to learn lampworking with all these people, like you, who are so generous and kind, that make videos like this!

Thank you so much! I have never made a single fish before but I've been wanting to, and now I will for sure.

Sorry for my run-on sentences.
Old 2008-03-15, 11:12am

just love it

Thank you for taking time to share

Sophie
Old 2008-03-15, 12:03pm

Samantha, you are awesome for making all these tutorials!! I don't have one of your fish, but I do have 2 of your dragons and I love them

Old 2008-03-15, 12:46pm
Damn Yankee!

You are all very welcome, I am glad you are getting some use out of them = )

Samantha

Old 2008-03-15, 6:27pm

I made one and it's in the kiln. I can't wait till the morning comes....
Old 2008-03-15, 6:31pm
Damn Yankee!

Awesome Carol, I hope you will show us a pic when it comes out of the kiln?

Samantha

Old 2008-03-16, 4:49am
Calendar Girl

Love it. Very Clear. Thank you!

Old 2008-03-16, 7:01am
Evil Glass Enabler

Great tutorials! You rock! Thanks! Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2008-03-16, 8:42pm

I'll take pics tomorrow and post them here. I just noticed, though, that the holes are not on the top of the fishies but they run from side to side. I'm trying to figure out how to do it so the hole goes from the top to the bottom because I want to make more fishies tomorrow. I love these two I made and so did the kids I kidnapped and brought over here for a while today. They each want one. Looks like I'll be busy for a while making fishies! They are such a challenge and yet so much fun.

I'm going to watch the videos again to see what I did wrong!
Old 2008-03-16, 8:48pm
Damn Yankee!

ohhh well I am dying to see them! I can't imagine doing the hole the way you did! That had to be difficult! I cant wait to see though!

Samantha

Old 2008-03-16, 9:12pm

Samantha,

I watched the video and you are right, your way looks much easier. I always seem to do everything backwards the first time or two! It's just me.
Last night I could hardly sleep wondering how the fishies turned out. I was worried that I didn't "strike" the second, smaller fishy's lips because I used rubino. I was so afraid it was going to have transparent lips, LOL! Oh, well, I shouldn't have worried, the lips are very red. They are sitting here on my computer desk staring at me and kind of look like alien fish! Well, they ARE my first, but I'll post them soon.
I sure do appreciate you so much sharing this fun with others!
Old 2008-03-17, 10:29am

Default Go ahead and laugh!

Remember now, these are my first fishies of any kind, LOL!

They really need improving but I love these anyhow.

Thanks for laughing, I mean looking!
Attached Images