Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-01, 6:21pm
Just me

Default Whats the difference between these colors?

Zimmerman z-99 and z-851 lilac rose, cane is mostly what I'm wondering about but the frit is good too.
I haven't had a chance to try the lilac rose.
Do they work up and look different when melted?
If you have pics I would really appreciate seeing them.
Thanks a bunch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-01, 7:34pm
Lampworkaholic!

They are very similar in color and reaction. You will be happy with lilac rose, imho.

If I get out to torch tomorrow I can make a bead with both colors but the soonest I could have pictures would be late Wednesday.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-02-01, 11:48pm
Just me

Thanks Elizabeth.
I have some old purple rose and just got some lilac rose so I will try to use a little of both soon here to see how they behave and appear after being melted.
Hopefully I can get to it soon but will also be looking forward to any pics you have when they're available.

Old 2010-02-07, 11:46pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Here's a Zimmerman Z-99 set I made last night:
Attached Images

Ebay:
Old 2010-02-09, 1:56pm
It's all about the color.

Hi Bubby. I thought I posted a quick response to this thread last night, but I guess not. I was going to say last night that the lilac rose is just a half a shade more grape colored and that I'd be back today with a scan to show you. So anyway, here is the scan.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2010-02-10 at 1:20am.
Old 2010-02-10, 12:29am

Has anyone compared it to the Reichenback Lilac Red. I bought it because it looked like the z-99 rods but it doesn't have all the rings to it.

Killerbeadz that is a beautiful set!!!

Old 2010-02-10, 1:18am
It's all about the color.

Just for you, Irene, I added the scan of R-97 below the first chart for easy comparison.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2010-02-10 at 1:21am.
Old 2010-02-10, 1:25am

Thanks Kay.....Looks the same on the first two colors but totally different on the rest. It's a really great color but those zimmerman colors were awesome. It's a shame that didn't want the glass to continue....