Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: What kind of glass is your primary medium?
Boro 62 11.68%
Satake 2 0.38%
COE 104 411 77.40%
COE 96 20 3.77%
COE 90 34 6.40%
Other 2 0.38%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-30, 3:02pm
Beadmaking.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvie Anne View Post
Just switched to all 96 COE and love it. A few 104 colors that I miss, but overall it was a fantastic move. 400+ colors in 96! Whee!
I know Spectrum96 from fusing and I have a lot of boxes with fine frit from spectrum96.

I use them now sometimes with Moretti glass, but when you make beads with COE 96, you can use them all the way.

But I have now so much Morettiglass that it will me take years to get it burned up!
Old 2006-12-30, 11:28pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

For soft glass I maily use 104 though i do have a little stash of boro and I use raku rod....I also use boro!
Old 2006-12-31, 6:09pm
Spell check please

Because i live in the great northwest (USA) i am close to so many awesome glass suppliers and a few big manufacturers. I love Bullseye coe 90 and use it for fusing and beads. I also use a little Effetre coe 104 and some coe 96.
I love to cut strips from Bullseye sheet glass and make beads.
Elaine
Old 2007-01-01, 10:34pm

All boro,I burn soft everytime I try it!
Old 2007-01-01, 11:51pm
Plays with Fire

Been playing with 104 for a year, but I just picked up at beautiful stash of Sataki. Tommorrow is the first day I'll get to play with it...
Jen
Old 2007-01-29, 7:19am
Striking-impared...

104 and boro. I still have a few rods of Richenbach though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-29, 1:57pm
as in the state

I have mostly 104, but have a few Uroboros colors, and just ordered some Reichenbach and Zimmerman. Can't wait to play!!!
Old 2007-01-30, 5:19pm
da General

Mainly 104 (love ASK, R4 and DH), some 96 (love Caliente), a few 90 and now just got my Mr. Smiley's Boro Sampler set!

I have color tapes for everything except 104 so I don't mix them up. 96 rods get blue, 90 rods get red and Boro get green.

Wouldn't mind trying Satake someday.

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-02-04, 9:53pm
Venus Nocturne

104 primarily with a sampling of 90 that I'd like to get more into.

Old 2007-02-07, 8:40pm
1 Martini Shy of Nirvana!

In the studio I mostly have 96 (gee I wonder why) but I also have 104 and a sampler of the Easy Flow glass (too soft for me). I also got a rod of clear boro by mistake somehow....that was a crappy mistake!!!

Old 2007-02-07, 8:56pm
as in the state

Just got some Satake--leaded and lime--to add to the collection. Now I'm working on getting some Bullseye and a Uroboros sampler and then I should be pretty good to go...unless I start boro. That'll be a whole other mess...
Old 2007-02-10, 1:26pm
as in the state

Oh yeah. I forgot Lauscha sampler. Lauscha, Bullseye, and uroboros samplers. Whew!
Old 2007-06-16, 2:08am
First bead: 2007-04-28

Bullseye is pretty much the only glass-type I can get in the glass-stores here. But then again there's only about 3-4 stores that sell glass in DK for beadmaking. One just started selling Lauscha and some Boro.
Old 2007-06-16, 4:02am

It is 98% 104 Czech Glass (Ornela) for me with some 104 Moretti & Lauscha and a few 96 Reichenbach colors.
Verena

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2007-06-16, 7:56am

I am such a glass addict I have almost all of it. Have tons of moretti/vetro/ask/cim/double helix, lots of System 96/Reichenbach/Zimmerman (when OCR was having their 30% sale I bought a 1/4 kilo of every System 96 color and then threw in what ever caught my fancy in the Reichenbach/Zimmerman. I think my favorite color is the Almond Opal, nice and smooth.) Forgot to mention I also have about 10 colors of Caliente Cane. I picked up a small sample pack and a pound of Dark Aurora Bullseye and now plan on ordering a full studio pack very soon. I have a couple of sample sets of Northstar and one of Glassalchemy, plus about 6 Momka's colors and 4 or 5 of the Glassalchemy one's that you can only get on e-bay, love the silver sands. Also have a ton of 3mm clear rods, didn't realize how much came in 1/4 case. Plus about 10 pounds of boro scraps that I have no clue what color they are as they are all dark so it's like a surprise every time I use them. And I swear every time a new or odd color comes out I just have to have it or I feel like some one with the DT's!!! Maybe someone should start a GAA group (Glass Addicts Anonymous)!!
Old 2007-06-16, 8:22am
Fact. Bears eat beets.

Old 2008-10-03, 11:45am
Melting

104, reichenbach 96, and 96 frit mixes.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2008-10-03, 1:32pm

I'm all boro. But I've got a little stash of Bullseye waiting for me.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-10-03, 3:22pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Boro and 96 for me!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-10-03, 3:42pm
><>

You could always trade some 96 rod for some 96 twisties.
90- mostly

96-cane and Uroboros rod, lots of frits and chunks...
104-Effetre, DH, Tag ,etc...
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann

Last edited by jhana; 2008-10-03 at 3:44pm.
Old 2008-10-03, 7:47pm
I like to melt things

104 here. I can't imagine trying another COE - it's taking forever and huge amounts of money just to get all the glass I want in one COE.

-
-
Old 2008-10-03, 8:36pm
Back to 👊 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyluv4ever View Post
I am such a glass addict I have almost all of it. Have tons of moretti/vetro/ask/cim/double helix, lots of System 96/Reichenbach/Zimmerman (when OCR was having their 30% sale I bought a 1/4 kilo of every System 96 color and then threw in what ever caught my fancy in the Reichenbach/Zimmerman. I think my favorite color is the Almond Opal, nice and smooth.) Forgot to mention I also have about 10 colors of Caliente Cane. I picked up a small sample pack and a pound of Dark Aurora Bullseye and now plan on ordering a full studio pack very soon. I have a couple of sample sets of Northstar and one of Glassalchemy, plus about 6 Momka's colors and 4 or 5 of the Glassalchemy one's that you can only get on e-bay, love the silver sands. Also have a ton of 3mm clear rods, didn't realize how much came in 1/4 case. Plus about 10 pounds of boro scraps that I have no clue what color they are as they are all dark so it's like a surprise every time I use them. And I swear every time a new or odd color comes out I just have to have it or I feel like some one with the DT's!!! Maybe someone should start a GAA group (Glass Addicts Anonymous)!!
I try not to quote and I am a big fan of not quoting big long pix but this will be my exception and will you adopt me? You are so lucky to have all kinds of fun glass! Maybe I can be your sponser for GAA!
Old 2008-10-03, 8:40pm

pretty much boro and a bit of BE.

Old 2008-10-03, 8:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
And sitting up on top of my kitchen cabinet is a bundle of Kinari...(what's the COE on Kinari again?? I know it's *really* soft...I haven't melted it yet...waiting till I can do a bunch & put it right into someone's kiln...hmmm...)

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2008-10-03, 9:59pm
Lampworkaholic!

Lots of CiM 104, plus Vetro Odds and some Moretti (EDP, copper green), a little ASK, some R4 silver glass, 96 frits and Raku, and some Reich and Gaffer cane, a little Uroboros and Spectrum System 96.

I put my BE aside for now, but I just bought a couple of lbs. in the garage sale so I'll be picking it up again one of these days. I don't think I will try boro any time soon.

I think I have 50 lbs. of glass in my stash, and I just started lampworking in March. I have some original DH but I'm saving it for when I get better at beadmaking. Also some of the new test colors. I wonder how many hundred beads I will make before I feel confident melting my good glass?
Old 2008-10-04, 5:29am
Lover of all things color

I'm a fuser turned lampworker so I have tons of 96 sheet glass, frit, stringers and such, I have cut strips of it and done a few beads. I figure if I ever get to where I can't afford to buy the 104 anymore I can always cut up the 96 sheets. I have a small collection of boro but don't have the heat to really melt it properly and learning all you need to know about those glasses it just way too miuch right now. I ordered some Red Elvis from Tag once thinking it was soft glass. Even tried to use it with some 104, boy was that interesting, I should have known. It wouldn't even stick to the stuff and when they cooled they literally exploded.

I just got to thinking, I have about 10 jars of the 96 frit mixes and may use some strips of white 96 with them. I just know I'm the one that will use 26% on a bead that I just love and it will crack all to pieces. That's my luck.

I'm a 104 girl all the way, no room for any more than I have. Good luck with your quest.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-10-04, 10:51am
Glass-aholic

I am addicted to the 96's even though the 104 is my primary brand

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-10-04, 10:29pm
Always smiling, again.

I mostly work with 104 but I love to play with Bullseye!

Old 2008-10-06, 1:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
But I've got a sampling of Bullseye (90) that I love & want more of....
I'm playing with as much of Jess's (Phoenix Glass) COE 96 vintage stuff as I can get my hands on to "PPP" with, just 'cause it's fun & I can play with loads of frit with it...
And sitting up on top of my kitchen cabinet is a bundle of Kinari...(what's the COE on Kinari again?? I know it's *really* soft...I haven't melted it yet...waiting till I can do a bunch & put it right into someone's kiln...hmmm...)
Of course I'll play with anything that my hothead will melt......& I've gotten it to melt some pretty darn big rods of 96 COE vintage stuff! (like 12mm+!)
~luna
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtcoInc View Post

Malcolm
LMAO....I got an answer almost TWO YEARS LATER!! rofl....Thanks Malcolm!! I was looking @ that post going "on top of my kitchen cabinet" huh??? I've moved TWICE since it's been there!! From that apartment to Augusta, to Bangor It's in my closet now Still doesn't have the COE on the package though!

Only thing I've added to my "glass stash"/COE assortment since I originally posted is a tiny sampler of Gail's handpulled gaffer stuff...(one pound of her odds ...I want more.)
Still drooling over the bullseye studio stocker, the caliente cane, & the satake sampers...sigh...
~luna

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-10-07, 3:28pm
Ave

I Love It All! Love 104, Bullseye and all the 96. Not set up yet for boro..
I am a Frit addict so had to get lots of 96... sigh
Avery