Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-03-15, 6:49pm

Default Do you use the Paypal Shopping cart??

I was just wondering if any of you use the paypal shopping cart that they offer? Do you like it, is it easy to use, or do you use something else?

I was just reading some threads here about Zen Cart. It sure sounds great and I don't mind putting in the work if it is a good program.

Can some of you who have either of these chime in to give me some info on how you like them?

Thanks in advance.
Bindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-03-15, 9:02pm

Yes I do. I think it is the easiest way to go.
Teh only problem I have ever had is that it will allow an item (lets say you have 1 focal available) to sell multiple times. There is a complex way to set up an inventory system with it by adding code but I couldn't get it to work. My customers understand that it can happen and I just do refunds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-03-15, 9:47pm

Thank you Brandie! That is helpful. I will check them both out I guess, but it seems pretty easy with paypal. I don't know about the zen cart yet until I go read up on it.

Hope all is well with you.

Bindy

Old 2008-03-16, 6:11am

Default Bindy

Hi Bindy
I tried Paypal it works but if you want to do more than one item it sucks,
So I have just resorted to having customers email me with the order and I invoice them. Its a pain but I dont mind too much at all.
So will i be seeing you soon?
Love yousss Stacy

Old 2008-03-16, 3:31pm

Yes my sweet Stacylynne, on the 22nd? Will you be at the meeting?? I hope so.

Well when I went to paypal and read everything it says that you can also put on a "view cart" button and that they, the customers, pay for everything all at once. I know it will take me a long time to put a button on each and every thing I have on my site but I really want a cart. I know for myself if I can't pay when I see something on a web site I never call to order. Sometimes while people are surfing the net they just impluse buy. I WANT THOSE PEOPLE!!! lol

Old 2008-03-23, 2:18pm

I like Mals Cart. I have everything routed for payment by PayPal. It is easy to set up and Free.
http://www.mals-e.com/matrix.php

Steve

Old 2008-03-23, 4:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Beader View Post
Yes my sweet Stacylynne, on the 22nd? Will you be at the meeting?? I hope so.

Well when I went to paypal and read everything it says that you can also put on a "view cart" button and that they, the customers, pay for everything all at once. I know it will take me a long time to put a button on each and every thing I have on my site but I really want a cart. I know for myself if I can't pay when I see something on a web site I never call to order. Sometimes while people are surfing the net they just impluse buy. I WANT THOSE PEOPLE!!! lol
Yep, you do want those people
It actually takes me no time at all to do buttons. create 1 button with paypal and copy and paste the html. )Lets say your item name is "red bead" )1 button for 1 item is now ready..
Now copy and paste that same html code for your next button. If you edit the code you will see where your item name shows up from the last "red bead" see it? okay so highlight "red bead" and delete that part. Now put the name of your next bead ( lets call it "Blue bead") in it's place. Below that you will see the price of the item. Change it the same way.
I just go through right clicking and pasting and edit as I go. My cart buttons take me the least amount of time.

Old 2008-03-24, 11:37am

I use pay pal on both my webshops and it works fine and easy to use.

my blog:
Old 2008-05-14, 2:43pm

I use paypal its coded right into my website no buttons for me. It works well and I like it. you can go test it on my site www.tiffanymccoy.com just dont follow through with the purchase

Old 2008-05-14, 2:51pm
In search of her path....

Zen Cart is pretty darn awesome once you get it set up! Janelle here on the forum has been doing some website work for people and shes really great and thats one of the things she helps you get set up I personally really liked it it had lots of options too...

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-05-14, 4:49pm

All so I dont know about Zen but paypal I can print all my labels right there.

Old 2008-05-14, 4:50pm
ManBearPig

I use it. I tried Cube Cart, which worked great. Zen Cart was the worst thing I've ever used. It lagged so badly it was almost unusable. X-Cart was good as well. But, 99% of the people that buy from me use PayPal, so I use their cart.

Old 2008-05-14, 5:15pm
In search of her path....

I never had problems with zen but I liked it as it easily integrated my paypal and usps shipping account which was really nice....

also I could still go in and print all my shipping from paypal because pretty much everyone (when i had my shopping cart thru zen on my website) paid with paypal made it really easy it was nice...I also liked that my zen cart had inventory control, and I could set up sections etc....and customer lists and various other things...

I didnt have as easy of time with cube cart though...but I also didnt have anyone to help me with that buit did with zen cart.

Prints for sale in my
!