Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-17, 8:54pm
Pyromaniac

I put this is the main gallery, but I'll add it here where my boro peeps are! This bra is a made with MANY leaves on a crochet base and was one piece in my first gallery show:

The rest of the pics from the show are here: Fusion of Dimension

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-17, 9:23pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Absolutely Amazing Lana!!!!
I hope your gallery show is a huge success.

Old 2008-11-17, 9:27pm
Pyromaniac

Thanks Shawn! It was a great opening with a nice turnout -- I had four cases full of glass, two cases completely sold out, and I sold one bowl and 3 mixed media canvases already!

Old 2008-11-17, 9:30pm

Wow! Very cool show! Congratulations
Old 2008-11-17, 9:48pm
Pyromaniac

Thanks Ricky! It was so much fun and I am still on a high from it. I thought I would have this big letdown, but I have been even more motivated to melt glass. Worked 6 hours today and made a bunch of stuff!!

Old 2008-11-17, 10:55pm

Wink

Very nice work Lana. Is there any chance you can post a pic of you modeling the piece?
Old 2008-11-18, 6:44am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk2233 View Post
Very nice work Lana. Is there any chance you can post a pic of you modeling the piece?
LOL, now that would be fun! I was hoping to wear it at Burning Man one year, so I put a ridiculous price on it so it won't sell. Maybe I will have a pic up one day, who knows?

It is actually wearable and it was interesting at the show how many people made comments about them wearing it, (men and women) so I liked that it created a little fantasy.

Old 2008-11-18, 6:51am
boro color bender

Very nice Lana...

(Got any pics with a live model?)

Sorry, just had to ask.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-18, 6:57am
Pyromaniac

Maybe for you Brent!

Old 2008-11-18, 7:02am

That is one ~special~ piece Lana! How many leaves are there? And, did you crochet all those wonderful, tinkly pieces on yourself? Love it!

Vanessa
Old 2008-11-18, 7:12am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsrlove View Post
That is one ~special~ piece Lana! How many leaves are there? And, did you crochet all those wonderful, tinkly pieces on yourself? Love it!

Vanessa
I didn't count them but I got really tired of making them, LOL. I'm sure there are at least 100 . . .

The custom crochet work was done by Gwen Reichert of Fibrevolution and then I tied all the leaves to the base.

Old 2008-11-18, 7:34am

Congratulations on a great show, Lana - and especially on selling a bowl - you go, girl!

Sandy
Old 2008-11-18, 8:06am
Spoiled

About what size is the top? It's really cool.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-11-18, 8:24am
Pyromaniac

I'm revealing more about myself as time goes on, LOL . . . it is 34C or like a medium swimsuit top.

Thank you Sandy and Aimee!

Old 2008-11-18, 8:50am

I love the creative process of this project. You are cool, girl... Nice art...

Old 2008-11-18, 8:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
. . . it is 34C or like a medium swimsuit top.
Old 2008-11-18, 9:52am
Megan's personal Sherpa

Red face Some more stuff from me.....

Everyone's work is so great! I love the diversity of form, color, style......so much artistic genius in one place! Lampworkers ROCK!

Here is my first post-worthy attempt at a "Mr. Smiley" style heart made with Momka's American Beauty, Magic Mirror and NS Caramel. Also another glass pony......I'm on a Fuchsia Fantasy and Magic Mirror kick with these at the moment.......

Oops.....please pardon the horse hair on the backdrop.......hehehehe!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2008-11-18, 12:19pm
boro color bender

Beautiful work Deb!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-18, 12:26pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Thanks Brent!

Deb
Old 2008-11-18, 12:51pm
Pyromaniac

Love the silver you are getting with Magic Mirror -- I need to work on that!

Old 2008-11-18, 2:17pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Don't ask me how.......it's top secret!!!! (wink, wink!)

OKAY! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I'll spill it! All I can say for sure is I don't change my flame from high oxy. However, I can say that I don't get that effect if I work it too long.......I usually get the silver color range from yellow to salmony pink depending on heat and time exposed to flame (can get 2 or 3 different colors in one stinger) then the silver sheen comes out to play when the cool stinger is applied as a raised surface decoration. After that, I try to heat quick, get out of there, and leave it alone. The longer I try to hang out and play, the more cloudiness it gives me and then goes all baby poop on me! ARGH! So that's my secret and I'm stickin' to it!!!!

P.S. The silver sheen is even more dramatic in person than it is in these "high quality" professional looking photos!

Deb
Old 2008-11-18, 3:11pm

Lana - Congrats on a great show. LOVE THE BRA TOP!!!! It's just the coolest. I can only imagine how sparklie it is in the sun. Awesome work.

Deb - Love the colors in your pieces...super job!

Samma

Old 2008-11-18, 3:16pm
boro color bender

Still waiting on my live model pics. Strike a pose!

Old 2008-11-18, 4:13pm
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by patezd View Post
Don't ask me how.......it's top secret!!!! (wink, wink!)

OKAY! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I'll spill it! All I can say for sure is I don't change my flame from high oxy. However, I can say that I don't get that effect if I work it too long.......I usually get the silver color range from yellow to salmony pink depending on heat and time exposed to flame (can get 2 or 3 different colors in one stinger) then the silver sheen comes out to play when the cool stinger is applied as a raised surface decoration. After that, I try to heat quick, get out of there, and leave it alone. The longer I try to hang out and play, the more cloudiness it gives me and then goes all baby poop on me! ARGH! So that's my secret and I'm stickin' to it!!!!

P.S. The silver sheen is even more dramatic in person than it is in these "high quality" professional looking photos!
Well that was easy, all I had to do is give you the evil eye from way over here and you spilled it, ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Still waiting on my live model pics. Strike a pose!
Brent honey that bra has to stay in the show till December 18th, so you are just gonna have to wait. And I'd have to ask Corri,

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2008-11-18 at 4:17pm.
Old 2008-11-18, 4:16pm
boro color bender

Oh Corri is cool with pictures of BOOBS! Trust me on that.

Old 2008-11-18, 4:18pm
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Oh Corri is cool with pictures of BOOBS! Trust me on that.

Really, hmmmm. Ok I'll send the pic to you both then, .

Old 2008-11-18, 4:51pm

You guys are too funny ;-D

Here's one of the open hearts with a bit better colors. Not crazy on the shape of this one, but I'll get there.

Old 2008-11-18, 5:47pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Wow Samma! Love the concept! Beautiful colors.......did you get to take a class from Brent or is this your own wonderful concoction? Very yummy!

Deb
Old 2008-11-18, 5:49pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Lana, I am so overwhelmed by your artistry in fashion! Who would have thought that you could wear glass that way! Totally inspiring!

And yes, that is one intimidating evil eye you've got!!!!

Deb
Old 2008-11-18, 6:01pm

Deb, I did get to take a class with Brent and it really helped my color work...and more. That heart is Exotic Citrus over white with Amber Purple and clear
Thanks - Samma