Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-09-14, 8:26pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Guess what??????? Gs newz!

Ok all you glassy peeps.......we are spillin' some beans....just a couple....

PLEASE, no questions until we post more.......please hold it til we know it

Take a Debster....
Add a Bear of a nice guy.....

what do ya get?????????????????????????????

GLASS STOCK EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST BABY!!!

(second bean.....way north!!)

More soon.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-14, 9:52pm
Master Procrastinator

No way! I know you said no questions Deb, but did you say GS EAST??? And North??? Am I dreaming??? Now how am I supposed to sleep tonight???

Old 2009-09-14, 10:02pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Yep sweet thing......East, way North......in ADDITION to GSWest this year...wooooohooooo!

Old 2009-09-15, 1:08am

how east, how north?

Old 2009-09-15, 8:19am
Wooohooo,GS!

WAY east...way north.....Hosted by Deb Crowleyand Barry Lafler!!!!

Next bean.......July 1-4rth, 2010!!!

Last edited by deb c; 2009-09-17 at 8:26pm.
Old 2009-09-15, 8:28am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Deb, you tease! LOL.

Cool, I've never been to that part of the country either. Party at Lea's house!!!!!

Old 2009-09-15, 10:30am
Master Blaster

Hey Deb

Glass Stock East is moving alone just fine.

For our featured Boro artist Margaret Neher will honor us with her magnificent flowers. <http://www.margaretneher.com/>

We have Wale Apparatus and Carlisle so far for sponsors

More info soon

Bear

Last edited by Islandglass Man; 2009-09-18 at 10:22am.
Old 2009-09-15, 11:50am
Type ZZZ personality

Wheeeeeee!!!!

Deb, you are nutz, but that's why we love you!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-09-15, 12:16pm
Bitten by the travel bug

*gasp* That is during school holidays here!!!!!

My husband is encouraging me to consider being able to come again, but he pointed out the other night I cant take leave all the time... July would be too soon, but Ill be crossing my fingers it goes really well, so bring on 2011!!!!!

Old 2009-09-15, 2:54pm
Angel's Mom

OMG, I can't look at this thread, it's took tempting and I just got home. I'm not even unpacked! But the thought! Oh wow!!!
Old 2009-09-15, 3:52pm
I'm meeeeelting

Ooh, Kris. The summer Glass Stock tour?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-09-15, 4:46pm
Master Blaster

Hey Deb

The latest news Mike Mangiafico has agreed to be the soft glass guest artist for Glass Stock East

Check out his web page <p://www.figstudios.com/index.html>

Bear
Old 2009-09-15, 5:24pm
I'm meeeeelting

How cool is that!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-15, 6:18pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Ooh, Kris. The summer Glass Stock tour?
Ooh, we can be groupies? LOL.

Yeah, Fig!!

Old 2009-09-15, 6:31pm
Wahwahbabypants

I'm still trying to figure out where... I don't know people well enough to know where they live. Someone be kind to us north-east-ers and spill the beans. We sit and drool over all the west coast happenings...throw us a bone.

I might go Crazyif I don't go Crazy Tonight.
Old 2009-09-15, 6:47pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Ooh, we can be groupies? LOL.
We'll be the dead heads of glass.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-15, 8:41pm
Master Procrastinator

You guys are too funny!

Now what do you think we can tempt Deb with for her to spill the beans???

Old 2009-09-15, 10:45pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok, ok, you all are so sweet...and now that I can put smiles and hugs to the names it just isn't fair I tell ya!!! You girlz know how to make a person squirm! (Dang, I MISS ALL OF YOU already!!!)

ok, a couple more beans........

Same four glorious days of fun from July 1-4rth with fireworks and auction gala on 4rth, complete hot meals 3 times a day with vegan too cooked right on site, fresh home raised organic meats and veggies with a FULL time cook!! Bluegrass music and jams at night during open torch......all for $550!!!! Add $100 to camp under the stars for 5 nights, camp fires, s'mores (lol), stories, live music, open torches and limited to 75 glass artists! This will probably be a lottery draw like GS has been the last 4 years.

Sound good? We will be considering class submissions for instructors east of the Mississippi in the next 2 weeks. Half the GS09 staff will help us start GS East with some new instructors and the featured artists Barry mentioned from the East Coast. If you know of any people you would like to see at GS East please let us know!
We are also working on tables for attendees/staff ONLY to sell their art made at GS (and brought to event) for $75 for Sunday afternoon to Monday evening and open to public to buy, meet artists.

More soooooooon......I need some beans for morning coffee
you guys are so awesome!
hugs and a huge smile....deb

Last edited by deb c; 2009-09-15 at 10:47pm.
Old 2009-09-16, 2:48am

It is awesome and sad because there will be less of our glass stock friends at the west coast one if there is one by them so we will miss them

Old 2009-09-16, 7:25am
Master Blaster

You can't look at it that way Lori as you know all of the glass stocks are filled by lottery now because of the number of guested that want to participate.

This is the only way that will give more lampworkers a chance to have the
Debster's experience.

The spot we have picked for Glass Stock EAST is great if you like nature you will love it good company-good-food-good lampworking you might not want to go home.

Bear
Old 2009-09-16, 7:48am

Deb,
You do know how to tempt us glass-addicted folk.
Joan
Old 2009-09-16, 9:54am

I am so NOT a camper (-: Call me spoiled. Will there be any more options to lodging?
Old 2009-09-16, 10:08am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lori, I think this will be a great way to get some folks who live east to go that couldn't. I am sure we will have enough people for both events but it may split some of the attendees. Quite a few want to attend them both, this way they should get into at least one.

Bear, too funny, the "Debster experience", I like that, lol! It will be the debbear experience but thanks! Poor Barry, he didn't realize what this event takes, I have overwhelmed him already! The last week he has been SO much help, I couldn't, wouldn't do it without their help! One a year by myself is sometimes too much! A big whoop whoop for Barry!!!!

Joan, you sweetie! I do know what tempts me, seems to work well for others too, ha ha ha!

Like I said, we will be taking instructor submissions soon.

The venue we finally decided on is.....................

Northwest PA, the site of the AGI venue. We want to say first off this is going to be a GLASS STOCK with all the bells and whistles, not an AGI. AGI is a great event for those who attend, we are not competing with that event nor will it be similar. It will have all the structure of Glass Stock with my original vision of people camping out away from civilization with no distractions and unbelievable comradery!
We had to raise the price some to reflect East Coast costs plus $75 was added for 3 meals a day (not cheap!). We will have 50 artist spots (10 less than GS West), 20 staff spots, 10 tech team/volunteer spots. There will be flush porta-potties with lights, outdoor showers (awesome!!!), running water and places for RV's (same $100 fee, no power).
There will be 2 Scholarship spots as well, our part giving back to community. More on all of this soon!

Maybe Barry could post some pics of the site as well as the address. I am going to have to draw/paint something special for these shirts!

The instructors (not Featured ones) contracts will read as such:
Teach 3 classes (4 hour spots) and you get to take 3 classes, attend all functions and open torches, camp and eat, all free. You must get to and from event on your own. We do not have the budget this first year to pay staff like I did at GS09 (almost $6K was paid out to instructors, 4 times what I had previously paid out but they sure earned it). We may add spots in the future but with only 50 attendees it is impossible to even help with your travel this year.

I can say I bet it will be worth "the price of admission" for this ride, be ready, be very ready, we have SO many ideas you will need to sleep for a week after either GS next year!

Ok, enough beans for now, I have to go fire up before my muse explodes from GS09!

Glassy dreams y'all! xoxo debster

Last edited by deb c; 2009-09-17 at 8:27pm.
Old 2009-09-16, 10:12am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lynn, darling, there are other options for lodging. Barry can furnish some options here soon. We have reserved a whole Bed and Breakfast for the staff that week (we will be camping the whole week before during set up but need our sleep during event). The party went on until 3-4 am here at my house every night, still not caught up on sleep but priceless memories!

I will also be announcing the venue for GS West in a week or so.

Hugs, deb

Old 2009-09-16, 5:33pm

Deb, you are amazing!!! I'm still excited about GS 09. I'm sure you slept alot less than I did, but you have already planned 2 more events and have gotten the LE community excited and looking forward to the 2010 happenings. I had no idea where the AGI venue was, so googled it--apparently Hilliards, PA. It is 3 hrs from my mom's house in NY, so food for thought. Now waiting for your announcements regarding GS West. Amazing!!!, albeit with a little help from your friends.
Old 2009-09-16, 7:57pm

Deb,
It's great that you're having this where others can come, too. But I think I'll try to come out West again, if possible. I love Oregon and am definitely not an "outdoor" girl (BG). I have barely unpacked and am already excited about next year.

I talked to Kip today and I think he's waiting for a "formal" request for him to teach a class before he commits. I told him I "committed" for him (or maybe I'll have him committed! LOL).

Take care and rest up.
Love ya bunches, Melody

Old 2009-09-16, 8:06pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's still tripping over an open suitcase.

I love the proximity in time between GS west and the Eugene Flame Off. I'm giving serious thought to coming early for the flame off and then heading for the coast for the few days before GS. Of course, the flame off is only one week after the Frantz Bash, assuming they do it the same weekend next year, so it makes for a nice end of summer glass fest all the way around.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-16, 8:24pm
Master Procrastinator

Hey Felicia, you don't mind if I move in with you for a month next summer with all those fun glass happenings back to back??? I promise to pick up after myself.

Old 2009-09-16, 9:12pm
I'm meeeeelting

Mi futon es su futon.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-09-16 at 9:15pm.
Old 2009-09-16, 9:26pm
Master Procrastinator

Gee thanks Roomie! Might just take you up on it!