Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-11, 8:06am

Thanks, Denise. A person can get any backgrounds they wish at Michael's scrapbooking section.... It is fun to pick out a bunch for different applications...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-11, 8:27am
yukue fumei

that's an excellent tip--thank you!

nagi

Old 2008-11-11, 8:29am
boro color bender

I'm going to have to look into some textured paper now too.

Ran out of propane in the middle of a piece... it doesn't ever start sucking less does it?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-11, 9:09am
Dangerous Woman

A few Christmas Angels I made. You can tell which were my 1st ones.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-11, 12:24pm

Guess who I took a class from?

He is my hero. . . .

Vanessa
Old 2008-11-11, 12:26pm
Hummel factory reject

Nagi and Smiley make sure you don't use too much texture for your back-drops as it draws attention away from the detail of your work. In autofocus your camera may try to focus in on the paper detail. More unsolicited advice from the trial and error product photographer.
Nagi, do you have neon sculpture to show yet?

Old 2008-11-11, 12:39pm
yukue fumei

heehee....funny you ask....we are having a student show this weekend at the Museum of Neon Art....I am burning the midnight oil to get it done...
I am over making pitcher plants...for now at least LOL!!

thanks for the advice on the textures...good to know...

nagi

Old 2008-11-11, 12:41pm
yukue fumei

Nancy-The clear looks classy! Nice sculptures!! Are you going to sandblast some too?

Vanessa-WOW--Love it! and I love the twist!

nagi

Old 2008-11-11, 2:13pm
Dangerous Woman

Thanks Nagi. I don't have access to any sandblasting tools. But they would look good sandblasted.

Hhhmmmmmmm. I do know where one is. I'll have to see what I need to do be able to access it.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-12, 10:21am

I was pretty happy with this set, so I figured I'd post it. It's sold and is shipping out today.
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-12, 5:41pm

One thing nice about the "textured" papers.... they aren't. It is just a photgraph on paper... and many many options....

Old 2008-11-13, 8:31am
yukue fumei

Blair-they are beautiful!

Kay--that is even cooler!

nagi

Old 2008-11-13, 12:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
Margareth-I love the flower--is it a pendant? Beautiful work--and a nice sophisticated donut pendant too!
Thank you!! Yes the flower has been made off-mandrel, so it has a flat back with a loop ...

Margareth

Old 2008-11-14, 8:07am
Flame Dame

I've got a few sets to post. I've been very happy with the colors I've been getting.
Attached Images

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-11-14, 9:27am
Surrounded by Trouble

Kay, love your focals, the 4th pic is my favorite, cause your thinking outside the box on your shapes. Something that I need to do more.

Margareth, your flower is wonderful I really like the two dimension petals.

Nancy love the Holiday Angels I bet the sell well.

Vanessa, Great heart.

Blair cool swirls and wow you made a lot of them so perfect in size.

Leah I would be thrilled with those also. Stunning beads, and beautiful photographs. My colors always look washed out if I try and take boro on a white background.

So I made a few sets afters some setbacks. The first set sold before I could even list them.
Now if only the pink fairy would come back and visit me so I could make these again as I have people waiting for more. ughhh

Old 2008-11-14, 10:02am

Shawn, those are gorgeous, the top set especially. No wonder you have a demand for them.. yummie.....

Old 2008-11-14, 12:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
I've got a few sets to post. I've been very happy with the colors I've been getting.
Very nice! Hope the HBS show was good for you.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-11-14, 1:06pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margareth View Post
Thank you!! Yes the flower has been made off-mandrel, so it has a flat back with a loop ...
cool!

nagi

Old 2008-11-14, 1:07pm
yukue fumei

Leah-
WOW--love those sets--the colors are so juicy!

Shawn--wow! Gorgeous color! Congrats on the sale!It is no wonder they sold so fast--beautiful! The color of the second set glows too! WOW!!!

nagi

Old 2008-11-14, 2:38pm
Flame Dame

Quote:
Hope the HBS show was good for you
The show was good, but not as good as last year. I made my booth fee, so anything beyond that was extra.

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-11-14, 6:22pm

Ok no laughing. This is my first off mandrel boro dragon. I watched the Suellen Fowler video where she makes that awesome dragon and I had to try it. It's nowhere near hers. And I forgot to punty back and forth a few times and tried to hold in tweezers and dropped it so my lovely corkscrew tail broke off. My sons recognized it as a dragon and he is lovely in my eyes. I can't wait to try more!

jgraff

Last edited by jgraff; 2008-11-15 at 9:20pm.
Old 2008-11-14, 6:41pm

Why would we laugh? I think he's adorable!!!!!

Old 2008-11-15, 8:13am

What a happy little feller!

Vanessa
Old 2008-11-15, 8:58am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

lol he's so cute!!!

Old 2008-11-15, 10:54am

Wonderful works ya'all. I just love seeing what everyone is up to
Here's a dinky pendant that got some schmutz on it when I dropped it, but I was so excited by the colors I got out of Momka's Violet Hue.

Here's a heart design I've been messing with. Not crazy about the colors, but am going to try it again today with better colors.

Old 2008-11-15, 4:31pm
Bliss Junkie

i like that heart idea...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-11-15, 4:51pm
boro color bender

That is an awesome design Samma! I love it!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-15, 5:06pm

Thanks Shawn
Thanks, Coach
I hopefully have a couple in the kiln now with better colors. So easy and fun to wear.
Samma

Old 2008-11-15, 5:15pm

Damn, Violet Hue did that? Sure turned out purty!

Vanessa
Old 2008-11-15, 5:22pm

Thanks Vanessa. Yup, it's just violet hue and clear. It really has alot more purple on the surface that didn't show as well on the photo. It's fun stuff. Samma