Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-09-24, 4:01pm
Eight Miles Wide

Default Dipwads Making Beads for Beads of Courage

Our local beady group (we are the Dipwads) gets together once a month, and twice a year we rent the West Michigan Glass Art Center so we can all torch all together.

This year, we made beads for Beads of Courage all day (well, til about 3:30 when the kilns were too full
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
glass generously brought the entire Effetre line for us to use. We all had a wonderful day!

Here we all are melting glass!

A crazy jack-o-lantern by Tracy Bell

Dawn Ceccacci & I wearing our BOC shirts.

I pick up the beads tomorrow, and I will post pictures of the actual goodies later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-09-24, 5:42pm

Too cool. Thanks for posting photos.

Robert
Old 2011-09-24, 6:13pm
Loving learning

That is wonderful! Looks like a lot of fun, plus so many beads for the kids, win-win!

I wish there was a group here to do that with, and a place to do it all together. I went out & tried to make some tonight to add to what I have, but I'm so sloooow I didn't get many made. Every bead counts though I guess.
Old 2011-09-24, 6:22pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
.... Every bead counts though I guess.
YES!

Old 2011-09-24, 7:02pm

That looks like so much fun!!

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2011-09-26, 1:04pm
Your Royal Fritness

We had so much FUN!!! A Big thank you to Melissa for picking up all the beads and cleaning them too, that was a lot of beads

I can't wait to meet the kids at Hurley Hospital on Wednesday for BOC!

Old 2011-09-26, 6:33pm
Eight Miles Wide

Ok, nearly all of the beads are clean. I have 6 plant stakes I refuse to give up on. They will ship this weekend.

about it; I've listed all the lovely ladies who participated, including JameyLynn of Howaco Glass!

Old 2011-09-26, 8:20pm
Superkitty

This was so much fun. I hope we can make it an annual event!
Old 2011-09-27, 6:09pm
Obsessed Blogger

Awesome! I love to see the passion for BOC and people coming together to do good!

Thanks ya big ole Dipwads.

::