No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-23, 9:19am
Wacky but Wonderful

Default Goldstone Chunks

Hiya!

Does anybody know if the giant hunks of goldstone are compatible with Bullseye or are they just a Moretti thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-07-23, 11:18am
Superkitty

Judy,

Mike has it listed with the effetre frits.
http://www.auralens.net/ag_effetrefrit.cfm
It appears that it has a coe of 104, so I doubt it is compatable. If anyone knows of something that is, I'd be interested, too.

Also, can anyone explain the difference between goldstone and adventurine?
Thanks.

Deb
Old 2005-07-23, 12:26pm
Wacky but Wonderful

Thanks Deb!

-

Old 2005-07-23, 12:46pm
One Crazy Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvie Anne
Hiya!

Does anybody know if the giant hunks of goldstone are compatible with Bullseye or are they just a Moretti thing?

the chunks are compatible with what ever type of clear you are mixing it with.

Old 2005-07-23, 12:47pm
One Crazy Mama

also it is my understanding that goldstone and adventurine are the same thing...

Old 2005-07-23, 10:57pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesfamily
the chunks are compatible with what ever type of clear you are mixing it with.
So, perhaps the goldstone and adventurine frits listed on auralens are a coe of 104 because they were coated with effetre before they were ground up??? I've always assumed that because these frits have a coe of 104 they wouldn't be compatible with Bullseye, but if I pull my own stringers and coat it with Bullseye first, it should be compatible with Bullseye? I'll give it a try and see what happens. It would be great if it worked out.

Thanks
Deb
Quote:
also it is my understanding that goldstone and adventurine are the same thing....
PS ~ I thought so too, but auralens has them listed as two different frits...I'm confused.
Old 2005-07-24, 7:39am

I use my chunk Goldstone/Adventurine with all my glass. Effetre, Bullseye & Spectrum.
No problems.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2005-07-24, 5:34pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameonglass
I use my chunk Goldstone/Adventurine with all my glass. Effetre, Bullseye & Spectrum.
No problems.

Do you use the chunks and make your own stringers or do you buy the premade frit?

Thanks
Deb
Old 2005-07-24, 6:09pm
Life in the slow lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb
Do you use the chunks and make your own stringers or do you buy the premade frit?

Thanks
Deb
I use big chunks and either make my own frit or stringer. I can use it on any soft glass.

Old 2005-07-25, 1:04am
Administrator

I believe the adventurine or goldstone is actually a mix of copper and who the hell knows what else. basically it will be fine with whatever you mix it with. If you buy it prepulled, it is mixed with a certain COE of glass. if you just have chunks, hen use it with whatever glass you want

Old 2005-07-25, 6:30am
Superkitty

OK, I get it now. lol! I assumed that because the frit I've purchased has a coe of 104, that goldstone had a coe of 104. So, since it takes on the coe of whatever it is encased in, do any of you know of anyone who sells adventurine/goldstone FRIT with a coe of 96 or 90?

Thanks for clearing that up, ladies. You are s .

Deb
Old 2005-07-25, 8:59am
One Crazy Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb
OK, I get it now. lol! I assumed that because the frit I've purchased has a coe of 104, that goldstone had a coe of 104. So, since it takes on the coe of whatever it is encased in, do any of you know of anyone who sells adventurine/goldstone FRIT with a coe of 96 or 90?

Thanks for clearing that up, ladies. You are s .

Deb
i have some chunks of both gold and green goldstone that you can make your own with...PM me if you are interested.

Old 2005-07-25, 11:21am
In search of her path....

You dont necessarily have to encase it with clear either I just heat it up and pull stringers out of the chnks I have they are very shiny and pretty an way better than the premade stringers you can buy

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2005-07-26, 5:26am
Superkitty

Quote:
i have some chunks of both gold and green goldstone that you can make your own with...PM me if you are interested.
Thanks Sondra for the offer , but I have a few chunks already. I was just wondering if any of the vendors carry Adventurine/goldstone frit with a coe of 90 or 96.

Deb