No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2018-08-01, 2:15pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Default Teresa is Back!!

I've just been informed that she is now going by the name rocksmyworld-52 on eBay. I cancelled all of her bids and put her on my blocked list. I think half of my blocked list is her.
Just wanted to warn everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2018-08-01, 4:50pm

Holy crap. Not again. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 2018-08-02, 10:10am

Omg.
Old 2018-08-02, 7:32pm
Phill

Thanks for the heads up Cherie.
Old 2018-08-07, 9:30am
Cheesehead Packer lover

Here's another new name from this morning's bids teresbaz0

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2018-08-07, 9:45am
Cheesehead Packer lover

I just got off the phone with eBay, and Dawn (Art Insomnia) has reported her too. I think we have done some good in the fight against one scammer!

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2018-08-08, 2:47pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Hey Sisters--your links are working! (Love your beads and wanted to see your latest!)

Old 2018-08-09, 9:02am
Cheesehead Packer lover

great!!

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2018-08-13, 6:36am

I've just had to cancel a sale from her today - gemsandjewelry18

Old 2018-08-13, 9:46am
Cheesehead Packer lover

Is that her latest name?, I'll have to tell Dawn too. Thanks for the heads up!

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2018-08-13, 10:46am

It's like Whack-A-Mole
Old 2018-08-13, 11:06am

I put the bead up from the cancelled ebay transaction up on facebook and it was sold there. I also had a customer called Diane McDowell in that facebook show - when I sent the paypal invoice the name came back on it as Diane Baze and a quick google of the email address led to and instagram account for Teresas_jewelry.

Last edited by Jolene Wolfe; 2018-08-13 at 11:24am.
Old 2018-08-13, 2:04pm

Looks like a previous post on her back in 2015 listed out her names, and the list included some versions with "McDow".
Old 2018-08-13, 2:58pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Sorry--I meant Hey Sisters--your links are NOT working!

Old 2018-08-14, 10:45am
Cheesehead Packer lover

I know, I keep telling the IT guy (husband) to fix it. Since eBay has revamped everything, I think he needs a tutorial.
I'll mention it to him, a little louder

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2018-08-15, 1:28pm

I just read gemsbaublesand bling@gmail.com is also a bad one doing charge backs. Her name is Diane MeDowell
Yonil you are right, mcdow teres, mcdowfra, missmcdowel-0. I thought her real name was Teresa Baze
Old 2018-08-17, 6:50pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

So did I. Thanks for playing Sherlock. I just wish eBay would listen to us when we have given them all the evidence they need to block her permanently.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2018-09-05, 7:25pm
Naysayer

I thought her real name was Teresa Baze too?

the ID teresbaz0 as listed above said invalid, I hope that means deleted. Most of the names I have blocked are deleted, eBay needs to ip ban or something.
Old 2018-10-22, 10:28am
Naysayer

This may be an old account, not sure since you can't block on etsy (right?)
She just faved my store, teresabaze1
Old 2018-10-22, 3:40pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Ah yes, the bad penny has returned......she tried to buy supplies from me on Facebook a few days ago....umm, hello BLOCKED!!!!

Old 2018-10-25, 2:37pm
Naysayer

As Teresa Baze or the other name(s)?
Old 2021-03-31, 5:13am

Default Apparently this person is still scamming.

Was ripped off by this one within the last week buying under the name Lynn Johnson, but paying under her own name. Were any of you able to resolve your issues? And if so, how? I despise scammers, and I intend to take this as far as I can. Ebay already sided with her, but obviously I am dissatisfied with that outcome lol

Last edited by sloppycrane; 2021-04-03 at 2:48am.
Old 2021-03-31, 10:58am
Chief Creative Goddess

How were you ripped off? She has a LOOOOOOOOONG history on LE of attempts and successes but never remorse.... Stay on top of your case. She needs to be stopped.

Old 2021-03-31, 12:51pm

She ordered two dishes, for which I combined shipping, then claimed one was broken but ignored my request for images of the package for an insurance claim. I let that slide and refunded her even though I was suspicious. But after being refunded she immediately opened a claim that the second dish had never arrived. The other dish that was in the same box. And she won, as I suspect she knew she would, because I did not have a separate tracking number. I'm always willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt, as I did with the broken dish claim. But unless USPS employees are turning to stealing midcentury American glassware to supplement their pay, she's a liar. Obviously, after finding this thread, any lingering doubt has melted away.
Old 2021-03-31, 12:54pm

I'd love to get enough testimony to twist ebays arm, and maybe even get her paypal account dropped. I know that I'm being petty, but I really, really, really hate scammers.
Old 2021-04-01, 8:49am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppycrane View Post
I'd love to get enough testimony to twist ebays arm, and maybe even get her paypal account dropped. I know that I'm being petty, but I really, really, really hate scammers.
That isn’t petty.
Old 2021-04-01, 9:16am
Cheesehead Packer lover

What name is she using now?

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2021-04-01, 9:41am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppycrane View Post
Was ripped off by one Teresa Diane Baze of Willits CA within the last week buying under the name Lynn Johnson, but paying under her own name. Were any of you able to resolve your issues? And if so, how? I despise scammers, and I intend to take this as far as I can. Ebay already sided with her, but obviously I am dissatisfied with that outcome lol
Names, assuming she bid under Lynn Johnson. I am really confused about why ebay or Paypal continues to let her transact. She clearly knows how to game it though.
Old 2021-04-02, 3:58am

I would like to file a report with her local police station, but obviously it would be taken more seriously if I can produce evidence of a history of these issues, which is what brought me to this thread. It looks like she has been doing this for years, and I can't imagine that without some sort of intervention, she'll stop. Im only out about $130 for this, but I cant help but wonder what the total value of ger stolen goods might be, and even if it costs me more, I was very much like to have her held accountable for her seemingly ongoing theft. I'm not asking for anyone's personal info, but I would like to know if anyone is interested or willing to follow up with her local PD if they are receptive to hearing from you. I have a feeling that this will likely go no where, but Im still willing to try.
Old 2021-04-02, 6:24am

If you look back at the dates on these posts, they are several years old, and mostly about providing new id's so sellers can avoid an ongoing problem. Any actual losses are likely past the statute of limitations.