Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-07-01, 7:04am

Default Beads Wanted for New Book

Marjorie Langston and I are working on a new book!

As I did with the last book, Just Plain Beads! -- I will be paying the guest artists for their work.

Please send low resolution images, and the price of the bead to:

griffindove@mindspring.com

Any bead goes! If your bead is selected, payment will be twice the price of the bead (1/2 is for the bead, 1/2 is for the copyright to that particular bead).

There is no due date, though once the rough draft is finished, I'll be posting one.

Thanks! Can't wait to see the work!
Deanna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Griffin Dove; 2007-07-01 at 7:07am.
Old 2007-07-01, 7:46am
Life is change. Love it

I have a question. What does the copyright involve? Does that mean you wouldn't be able to make that bead again? What about similar beads?

Old 2007-07-01, 9:46am

That particular bead, not the series or like-beads ...I would be able to photograph it, publish it, use it for advertising, etc. without needing to get your permission for its derivative uses. Nor would I need to worry about it showing up in other journals, books, and magazines.

Deanna

Last edited by Griffin Dove; 2007-07-01 at 9:48am.
Old 2007-07-01, 9:54am

Hi Deanna!
Are you looking for a special kind of beads or is any bead in any technique welcome?
Regards, Verena

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2007-07-01, 10:00am

Any type...even it if doesn't get used for this upcoming publication, I'll have a picture for a "go-to" library!

Deanna

Old 2007-07-02, 5:54pm
k Grace Richard Designs

Default Current?

Is this a current thread? What is the deadline and where do we send a pic. Thanks, Karen
Old 2007-07-02, 8:28pm

Any suggestions on how to price the beads?

Old 2007-07-03, 4:38am

This is a current thread! No deadline yet, and email address is in the first post.

Price the beads exactly as you would if you were selling them to the general public. I'll multiply by two in my head.

Thanks to all who have responded! The work is wonderful. A couple of issues have come up.

All pictures will be kept in my "library". If you can, if you have the photo software, please put your artist name and email address on the picture. If I need to contact you in a couple of years, this will help me in case my mail software gets compromised.

Please, no sets at the present time. They are just as beautiful, but for now the preference is for single beads.

Thanks again! Wonderful beadmakers!
Deanna

Old 2007-07-04, 2:20pm
Word to your mother

Deanna, can this be a picture of a bead that we have already sold?

Old 2007-07-05, 5:50am

I need the bead to photograph so that all the photos have the same backdrop, another reason I am buying both bead and its copyright. If you love a bead you have made and sold, make something like it to submit!

That said, the beads chosen should have plenty of individual identity.
Deanna

Old 2007-07-05, 5:58am
Word to your mother

OK, thanks. It really wasn't clear that you would be buying the BEAD, just that you wanted the image and cost. But I understand now...I'm a little slow.

Old 2007-07-07, 7:21am

Hi Deanna!
Are you interested in Ceramic Artist Beads? Or is this for Lampwork Artist Beads only?

Last edited by marlasmud; 2007-07-07 at 7:24am.
Old 2007-07-07, 11:47am
Pyromaniac

What is going to be the name of your new book?
Lana
Old 2007-07-07, 3:49pm
Obsessed Blogger

Hi Deanna.

I always like to submit things, when I can get my act together! Can you give a few details about the book so we know what we're submitting to? Or did I miss something?

Thanks!

::
Old 2007-07-08, 6:37am

Deanna is on her way to Touchstone to teach for a week, but I can answer a couple of the questions:
Since providing glass beadmakers with information to refine their skills is the purpose of the books, this is a call for lampworked beads. (Although, having said that, there may be some books down the road that could include other things - better let Deanna give a definite answer here).

Deanna has several books in the works - some of them I don't have details about - so she is looking for a variety of beads for inclusion in those books.

The book we are working on together doesn't have a title yet. For some reason, it is always easier to decide on a title when the book is almost finished. I'll bet we sorted through 150 titles before settling on Just Plain Beads for the last book!

Marjorie
Old 2007-07-08, 10:56am
Broken

So Deanna just wants the bead? Not a tutorial on how the bead was made? Send a low res picture with our name, contact info and price on it? Keep the bead until we hear yeah or nay from Deanna?

Old 2007-07-08, 11:13am
HourGlass Studio

Post 10 says shes actually buying the bead from anyone who submiits one, and owns the copyright to it.

Last edited by Laurie L; 2007-07-08 at 12:47pm. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-07-08, 1:41pm
Broken

I did realize that, that's why I was hanging onto it till you hear from Deanna yeah or neah. I just wondered if a tutorial was required with the bead.

Old 2007-07-08, 2:22pm
HourGlass Studio

Sorry...it sounded as if you werent sure.
Old 2007-07-08, 3:04pm

Hey Nicker - yes, just the bead. No tutorial. You're correct - send the photo to her. If she thinks it is something she can use, she will arrange to purchase the bead from you.

I think she will be back on-line around the 15th.

Thanks to everyone for the interest,
Marjorie
Old 2007-07-08, 3:09pm
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjjjj View Post
Hey Nicker - yes, just the bead. No tutorial. You're correct - send the photo to her. If she thinks it is something she can use, she will arrange to purchase the bead from you.

I think she will be back on-line around the 15th.

Thanks to everyone for the interest,
Marjorie
Perfect thanks! I am goign to work on a couple things for this. Can we send/do more than one?

Old 2007-07-08, 5:53pm

more than one - yup - send in as many as you want.

M.
Old 2007-07-15, 6:42pm

Hi Marjorie! i think i might actually send something... hope this is a big success! did i miss a due date? i probably did, as i am goofy!

melanie

Old 2007-07-17, 3:49am

Hi Melanie - there's no specific due date. We'll need images for the book we are working on now (no projected completion date yet), but Deanna will also need images for later publications. As you create beautiful things, send the pics to her.

See ya in the fall - Marjorie
Old 2007-07-17, 3:59am

I'm just posting so I don't loose the thread... so she wants us to email a small crappy picture to her of a bead with a price?

OK I can do that!

Lynne

Send me an email or a PM
I answer everything, any excuse not to do something useful!
Old 2007-07-17, 11:13am

lol, sounds easy 'nuff!
Old 2007-07-19, 6:52am

Yep, easy, easy!

No deadlines, no need for professional picture.

Send pics whenever something special comes out of the kiln!

Marj and I are hoping our book comes out in the Fall....but these books always seem to take longer than expected!

Deanna

Old 2007-07-20, 6:05am
Detail G-Mama!

I'll work on something after I get back from the Gathering!!

Old 2007-07-29, 7:04pm
Torchabilitizimator.....

Deanna Love! Hello Darlin! I will work on something for you if it is not too late How's the studio temp? Has it cooled down yet? Going to Alabama in August .... still doing first Saturdays?

Old 2007-08-02, 5:38pm

Quick question-I may be missing something here ...How soon will we be notified of your interest/non-interest in a bead? If you're keeping a file for future books, does that mean we have to keep the bead on hand (not sell it) indefinately?