Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-01-28, 4:39pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

Default Need Newletter/email/pappashop help

Hey,
Can anyone help me out?

I have pappashop and have been using the PHP list for my newletter for years. About four months ago I realized my newsletter wasn't getting near the views it usually does and today I found out it's because only 50 of my messages are being sent out instead of the 400 on my list. Apparently I am limited to 50 messages an hour. What I don't understand is that it used to work and now it doesn't through the PHP list.

Is there some setting I need to change? Help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2011-02-02, 1:52pm
ManBearPig

I have been using PHPList for a long time, and have never had that problem. I have about 500 people on my newsletter list, and from what I can see they all the the newsletters when I send them. It may be something on Pappashop's end that is limiting it. But, having never dealt with them, I can't say for sure.

Old 2011-02-04, 9:55pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

I heard back from pappashop and they said it is because the phplist was sending the newsletter through my server (aka pappashop) and pappashop limits the email to 50 outgoing an hour to control spam. What I don't understand is why phplist used to work for me and now doesn't. I changed nothing over the last five years. It makes no sense. I switched to a new newsletter service and if it wasn't a butt ton of work, I'd switch website hosts, too.

Whatever, the new service has better stats at least.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2011-02-14, 1:06pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin'gal View Post
I heard back from pappashop and they said it is because the phplist was sending the newsletter through my server (aka pappashop) and pappashop limits the email to 50 outgoing an hour to control spam. What I don't understand is why phplist used to work for me and now doesn't. I changed nothing over the last five years. It makes no sense. I switched to a new newsletter service and if it wasn't a butt ton of work, I'd switch website hosts, too.

Whatever, the new service has better stats at least.
Switching hosts is pretty easy. A lot of hosting companies offer one click migration. If not, there are plenty of people who can handle it for you (like me)...

Old 2011-02-14, 7:18pm
Carpe Beadum

Deanna, are you sure it's only been reduced over the past four months? Part of me wonders if it was longer and you just didn't notice right away. I know I was limited to 50 emails per hour for at least the last year of my hosting with Pappashop, if not more. For the most part, I never bumped that limit, but the building where my studio is has an email list that discusses certain building issues over email, and there were more than 50 emails on that list, so it became a real problem for me.

I think that they had to institute that 50 emails per hour policy because the pappashop server kept being blacklisted for spam.

I decided to get another hosting service in December, and I couldn't be happier. My building mail list goes through without a hitch, and my new host transferred everything for me at no cost. Plus, for the first three years, I'm paying almost half of what I was paying for Pappashop.

Good luck getting it sorted out!

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung