Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2015-09-21, 6:26am

Default Mini Sterling Silver Cutouts

Miniature Sterling Silver Cutouts, for your metal smithing projects.
Can also be used like silver foil on your hot glass, on the surface of your bead or encased.
EDITED: These are actually FINE SILVER. See post #10 for test pictures.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Selection includes cats, dogs, other animals, birds, lots of nautical cutouts, generic shapes.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna Felkner -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-

Last edited by cgbeads; 2015-09-22 at 11:42am.
Old 2015-09-21, 8:16am
HotFlash Designs

Those are cute! Will it not ball up like fine silver on a bead?

They'd be fun in mixed metal projects too.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2015-09-21, 8:28am

I haven't tried them, but since they are thicker than silver foil, when encasing them they should stay intact. If putting them on the surface, just like a foil cutout, you'd need to take care, but the thickness will make a difference.

I'm going to give some a try and I'll post pix here and on the page.

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-09-21, 8:42am

I thought it could only be fine silver .999 to use on glass.
Old 2015-09-21, 11:57am
Marble Lover

These seem nice. I'd love to see them fused between 2 pieces of glass if anyone goes that route with them.

-BEP
Old 2015-09-21, 4:16pm

Quote:
I thought it could only be fine silver .999 to use on glass.
People like the wire they wrap around beads to be fine silver, because when it melts the impurities come out.
These are not 'melted' so sterling is fine.
(fyi, I also found a source for the fine silver wire in hard to find 32gauge, same catalog page)

That's what I've been told, someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-09-21, 7:14pm
Tweedle Dumb

I thought that sterling would turn black.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2015-09-22, 8:23am

I'll test one today, but my first thought is that silver foil would also turn black then too.

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-09-22, 9:19am
Loving learning

Silver foil is fine silver, but I'm not sure about the cutouts as inclusions. I hope they work, because they're so cute!
Old 2015-09-22, 11:42am

I wrote my supplier, I was wrong,
these are fine silver
(I've updated the original post)

Encased

Surface mounted and flame polished

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-09-22, 1:21pm
what's a senior moment ?

Sooo cute ! Want.

Old 2015-09-22, 6:55pm

Right on!!!

Karen

ripzzl
Old 2015-09-25, 4:45pm
HotFlash Designs

damn you Donna.......

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2015-09-28, 7:36am
Marble Lover

Did the price on these change? I looked when I first saw the post and thought I saw $4.50/each. That was too much for me. Now, I see $1.50 each, which is just fine! =)

-BEP
Old 2015-09-28, 7:46am
Marble Lover

I put in an order. There wasn't enough stock for the Cats or Dragonflies that I wanted. If you get more before my order ships, I would like to add some more to the order.

-BEP
Old 2015-10-01, 12:38pm

Sorry for not checking in for a few day, thanks for the order.
The $4.50 is the

It's hard to tell how much stock to get for a new item, I've already reordered, hope to get it in a few weeks.

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-10-01, 1:12pm
Marble Lover

Ah, thanks. I don't have a clue what the difference between Fine and Sterling is when it comes to fusing, so I'll stick with the load of cheaper ones I got!

I received my order yesterday and tested them with fusing. Thanks for the VERY fast delivery. They fused great in between 2 layers. I'll take a pic tonight and post it on here.

ps. My wife says "Thanks!" for the honey. She put it in her tea last night.

-BEP

Quote:
Sorry for not checking in for a few day, thanks for the order.
The $4.50 is the

It's hard to tell how much stock to get for a new item, I've already reordered, hope to get it in a few weeks.

-Donna
Old 2015-10-01, 1:25pm

Fine silver is .999 pure so it's very soft. Sterling actually has a tough of copper to make it more durable. Sooo, fine silver is the preferred choice for in/on hot glass.

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-10-01, 1:26pm
Marble Lover

Thanks for the info. I feel learned!

-BEP

Quote:
Fine silver is .999 pure so it's very soft. Sterling actually has a tough of copper to make it more durable. Sooo, fine silver is the preferred choice for in/on hot glass.

-Donna
Old 2015-10-01, 1:47pm
Marble Lover

Does your supplier have Maple Leafs? My friend's wife is Canadian and would love some pendants with a silver Maple Leaf in them.

-BEP

Quote:
Old 2015-10-01, 1:53pm

There's a maple leaf about 2/3 way down the page.

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-10-01, 2:13pm
Marble Lover

Why, yes there is! I was thinking of a maple leaf that is more like the Canadian flag. The one you have is more realistic. I'll ask my friend if his wife would like the realistic one.

-BEP

Quote:
There's a maple leaf about 2/3 way down the page.

Old 2015-10-03, 9:59am
Lisa Berczel

Will custom order shapes be a possibility at some point?
Old 2015-10-03, 1:24pm

You can make requests and I'll see if she has has them.
-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2015-10-03, 9:33pm
Lisa Berczel

Will do!
Would love to have my logo's *shield*.
May be a fun way to *sign* larger beads - provided I ever get to that point!
Old 2015-10-05, 6:49am
Marble Lover

I did a quick fuse of the silver butterflies between a piece of dichro and a cap of clear. Nothing fancy, just testing how the fuse would go.

All 3 pieces trapped some air, but nothing real noticeable unless you're really looking. I fused these very quickly with a fast ramp to 1500 and a fast cooldown to annealing temp.

Old 2015-10-05, 11:17am

Thanks so much for showing that Brian. Awesome idea, to use them in fusing, they turned out great.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-