Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2015-02-14, 9:43am
They see me rollin'...

Default Minor and Lynx use the same hoses?

My beloved Lynx is clogged and needs to go in for repair. I can't live without a torch, so I was thinking of buying a minor burner from a local guy who was selling it on Craig's List. He advertised it for $50, so even if it's not that great I think it's worth it. I'll just use it as a back-up until I get my Lynx fixed.

(And I believe the propane ports are partially blocked on the Lynx...using a cleaning wire hasn't worked to unclog it).

So, I've been using my Lynx for 13+ years and have never disconnected it from the hoses. But I will have to do that to ship it, mainly because the hoses are heavy and would make shipping too expensive.

Assuming I buy the Minor, can I use the same hoses with it?

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti
Old 2015-02-14, 9:48am
They see me rollin'...

Actually now that I think about it, it may come with hoses. There was no photo, so I don't really know.

I'm hoping that I can get it this weekend. I spoke with him on the phone Thursday but he was busy and said he would call me back.

I would still like to know if they use the same hoses, though, just in case! Thanks!

-Patti
Old 2015-02-14, 10:29am
I fart diamonds

Yes. They all use the same hoses, some more than others.

Old 2015-02-14, 10:55am
They see me rollin'...

That's good to know, thanks!

I'm so tempted to just buy a Cricket. They look like really nice torches. I really shouldn't spend that much on something that is just temporary, though. Plus I will have to pay $50 to get the Lynx fixed, plus shipping both ways.

-Patti
Old 2015-02-14, 11:02am
I fart diamonds

Love ALL my GTTs! The Cricket is a really nice torch and you might just end up using it more than the Lynx. (It's an oxy sipper.) But $50 for a Minor is a no-brainer and I don't even like Minors.

Old 2015-02-14, 2:09pm
They see me rollin'...

Well, I may end up ordering a Cricket if I don't hear back from him! Thanks!

-Patti
Old 2015-02-16, 5:55am

If you've been using the same hoses for 13 years it might be time to get some new hoses as well.
Old 2015-02-16, 12:28pm
Phill

I understand they have propane filters to keep what ever crud there maybe in tanks or hoses out of the "fiddly bits" of torches and RV refrigerators and such.

Shouldn't be too expensive given the cost of shipping torches for fixing these days.

But yeah I think the hoses might be due for retiring to the welding torch kit.

You could always resell the minor for what the market will bare after your Lynx gets fixed.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2015-02-23 at 4:04am.
Old 2015-02-20, 6:32am
They see me rollin'...

I was wondering about the hoses. I will look into replacing them.

Well, the local guy has basically blown me off. I have no idea why. So I bought one of Ron's minors from the Garage sale. I really wanted a Cricket, but I'm on a very tight budget.

I can't wait to work with a normal flame again!! Right now I basically have only 1/2 a flame and it's driving me bonkers!!

-Patti
Old 2015-02-20, 6:35am
They see me rollin'...

Oh, and I really should get a propane filter. I forgot about those. Thanks!!

-Patti