LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-04-25, 12:22pm
Yup.

Thanks, Melodie and dawnomj! I was totally overwhelmed by how many good people volunteered and found a group of people really quick... in fact, I just sent them the first two so I'll be publishing soon. yay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
Old 2010-04-25, 1:25pm
The Andrea Half

YAY! Holler if you need proofreading again. I had the week from heck and wasn't online, so I only now saw this message. In my "real life" I teach college history, and do quite a bit of proofreading.

Old 2010-04-25, 4:00pm
Isinglass Design

I'm with fourtails. I'd love to proof sometime. I've done some proofing and am pretty good with the language (it is in English, right?), and would love to test things out and see how they work for me as a hothead user. I've bookmarked your page so I can see it when it arrives. I love the idea of folks making contributions. I've written a tut that will be for sale, but if I had a website, I think I'd give your way a try.
I can't wait to see it!

Laurie
Old 2010-04-25, 5:45pm

wasn't this in the bathroom the other day? I said I'd do it. Now I'm confused.

Old 2010-04-26, 7:24am
Yup.

I have quite a few more sections to write so I'm sure I'll need to bring in more proofing help eventually... Thank you so much for volunteering! It's overwhelming to know how much the community is here to support you if you just ask!

CC - Yes, I wrote this thread and then remembered that if you want something done quick, do it in the bathroom. For some reason I thought I would be able to delete this thread, but I was wrong...

~
~
Old 2010-04-27, 5:27am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Hooray!!! Can't wait for the tutorials!!! Cheers! Joan

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-04-27, 7:12am

I'd be happy - nay EXCITED - to proof read your work anytime, JC! I'm a former prof. and fairly picky about sentence structure et. al. I'd also be excited to "proof" the instructions on my hothead.
Old 2010-04-27, 8:34am
Knob Creek Glass

I bid on some beads!!!
Old 2010-04-27, 4:10pm
Guera loca

JC, part of my job is proofreading! They call me the Grammar Police. I have done proofreading for others for glass and other publications, and I would be honored to help. Email me at barb@cohan.com.

Big hugs to you,

Barb

- our restaurant
Old 2010-04-27, 7:34pm
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
I bid on some beads!!!
WOOHOO... You are always being awesome, Barb!!

Thanks for the additional offers to help! Might take you up on it next time... Right now I'm tying up loose ends and I think I'll be publishing them tomorrow.

~
~
Old 2010-04-28, 4:18am

If you are still interested in a proofreader, I’d be happy to help you. I have 33 years experience as an Executive Assistant and I love to proofread. I’ve also been lampworking for about six years. You can send me a PM or email me at barbara.faughn@centcom.mil and I'll work on it at home.

Thank you.

Barb