LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-03-26, 8:15pm

Default Tutorial suggestions????

If you were going to buy your very first tutorial, what would it be? I would like to surprise my teenage son with a tutorial in his Easter basket. I am just not sure which one would be a good "first" tutorial. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 2010-03-26, 9:37pm

You are such a nice, giving and loving mom!!!

How about a book of LE tutorials?

Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips book

http://www.lulu.com/content/2560502

Just a suggestion.

I have purchased many tutorials and I love them all!
Old 2010-03-26, 10:49pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Here are a couple of my favorites:

Taking Reduction Glass By Storm by Amy (he would need to have silver glass for this one)
Chaos by Sherry Bellamy (this one is a little harder)

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-30, 8:56pm
Sucks at being nice

I like the Jellyfish tutorial because it shows technics that have a lot of other applications.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-31, 4:52am
Detail G-Mama!

I think my Southwest or Tribal tuts are good ones for a beginner.

Old 2010-03-31, 10:37am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default shameless plug

and everyone needs an easy to use encasing tutorial...

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Old 2010-03-31, 11:06am
ILERNTITBYWATCHINU

i'd start here http://lampworktutorials.com/ 100's of free tutorials. nicely arranged

Old 2010-03-31, 11:18am
Storm Queen

Personally, for a beginner....I'd start with all the useful information right here on this forum that's free. There's also a ton of free tutorials over at WC. Plus the mention above of the tutorial website. Once he knows what direction he's going in and needs additional help, he can purchase a tutorial or two.

Old 2010-03-31, 11:58am
ILERNTITBYWATCHINU

^^^ sound advice. soak up all the free info you can. there's plenty of it out there. i'd buy him a book as a present.

Old 2010-03-31, 12:09pm
Storm Queen

Corina's Passing the Flame is an excellent book to buy that will keep him busy trying things for quite awhile. I'm sure you can find a used one on Amazon to save a little money.

Old 2010-03-31, 12:24pm
Burnt Wood Beads

What a lovely mom!!!

Coming from someone who has NOT ever published a tutorial (and never will at the rate I'm learning here! lol), but who has purchased just about all of them....my favorite is Sarah Hornick's THINK PINK.

I think I learned more about how glass reacts with each other and how some colors don't work together, and how encasing will change your colors and how you can layer colors, etc. I also learned to love Gold Pink.

It's by far my favorite tutorial. (Although Chaos is a very close second!).

The only downside is that it's all about pinks...not exactly the favorite color of most guys! LOL

Have a Happy Easter!

Julie