Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-08-22, 5:23pm
Entropy increasing....

Cut Rate Auto Parts?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-23, 9:08am

Thanks for the explanation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-23, 9:58am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks for the note and the story; you have been so lucky to visit Italy so many times!!! I envy your friendships, intimacy with the managers and owners of so many glass houses, and the sheer experiences your eyes have seen...sheesh, awesome I'm sure!

I'll be hoping to purchase some of this Vet Ivory when it arrives...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-08-23, 3:59pm

Default Vetrofond Light Ivory Update

If everything goes as it should, we will be able to sell Vetrofond Light Ivory around the 22nd of September.

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2010-08-23, 5:48pm
Favorite color is shiny

I really enjoyed the Vetrofond Story Mike... thanks for sharing!

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-08-24, 3:41am
Carpe beadum

I love the story behind things! Feel free to tell us more. This was fascinating. And it gives us something to while away the time while we wait.
Thanks Mike.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2010-10-08, 4:08am

Is there an update on the light ivory? I've been checking the Frantz site but haven't seen anything yet--or any info in the newsletters either ... does anyone have the inside scoop?

Thanks,

Nolly
Old 2010-10-08, 8:44am

The light ivory let's just say was not "up to par"

Old 2010-10-08, 10:18am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
The light ivory let's just say was not "up to par"
Wow. So like 1400 lbs. of not up to par glass? That can't be fun.

Old 2010-10-08, 11:25am

I would love to know what "not up to par" means. Is it red?

Old 2010-10-08, 11:30am

Default Light Ivory or What?

Quote:
Wow. So like 1400 lbs. of not up to par glass? That can't be fun.
Within the past 3 weeks we have received three large shipments of glass, Messy, Effetre and Vetrofond and presently Frantz Art Glass is changing from one accounting system to another, and unless you have gone through such a change,......you would have no idea what they are enduring while I am having fun in Budapest. But we were supposed to go live months ago, and my business trip just had to happen now.

But we got the Vetrofond and the light ivory is somewhat or exactly like the ELO that we sold many months ago. Now ELO (extra light olive) was a smashing color, but we were expecting light ivory.

With everything that is going on back at work, Pat is trying to test more and more of the light ivory, but so far only ELO, and I do believe that her testing will be finished shortly and then light Ivory or rather ELO will be available., I think the same goes for the white, not regular white. Pat says it is more like
Vetrofond Cool White, but we still have over 800 pounds of COOL WHITE, so I suppose we might have a heck of a sale for COOL WHITE very soon.

What has happened is nothing new. Glass can be a big surprise....sometimes instead of getting what you ordered, you end up with RIVERROCK, and other times you get COOL WHITE instead of Pastel White, that is the life and business of Glass. All importers will agree, buying glass is not a perfect science or perfect event, the unexpected can happen and sometimes it is not pretty and other times it is magic.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2010-10-09, 9:14pm

AUGH! I NEED V lt ivory. SIGH. Thanks for the update Mike.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2010-10-12, 11:29am

Default Off to Vetrofond in the morning

In the morning it will be Wednesday and I will be headed off to Vetrofond to have meetings. I will try to find out why my Ivory is extra light olive and other tonality problems within this last shipment. I am actually sure that we will have no problem selling the light ivory as ELO, but I still need Ivory and a good white..

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2010-10-12, 3:56pm
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

Good luck! If you check out Nikki's ivory poll you will find that the Vetrofond Light Ivory is MY very favorite.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angelique

Quote:
In the morning it will be Wednesday and I will be headed off to Vetrofond to have meetings. I will try to find out why my Ivory is extra light olive and other tonality problems within this last shipment. I am actually sure that we will have no problem selling the light ivory as ELO, but I still need Ivory and a good white..

Mike

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2010-10-12, 4:46pm

Mine too Angelique.

Quote:
Good luck! If you check out Nikki's ivory poll you will find that the Vetrofond Light Ivory is MY very favorite.
Angelique

Old 2010-10-12, 6:43pm

Me three

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2013-04-08, 6:05pm
critter creator

Mike, I just very much enjoyed reading your bit of history about Vetrofond.

I wish you'd write a book with all the tidbits like this that you know!