Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-05-12, 7:07pm
Flamewoman

Amazing Jelly there on post 131. Beautiful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-05-13, 10:34am
Lava Maker

Heah, I'm looking forward to see the results of strike 2.

Ann DeHoff
Old 2013-05-18, 1:09pm
Dakine glass man

Pcs after sitting in the kiln for a week. About 12 striking cycles
Attached Images

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2013-05-18, 1:09pm
Dakine glass man

And back in they go

Old 2013-05-18, 1:36pm
Loving learning

Wow~ so many beautiful colors, and I would never have thought to just leave them in the kiln to see what they would do.
Old 2013-05-18, 3:07pm

while I love seeing all the examples, I have to ask though, what is the point of going through all this work if the colors aren't available? Just curious.

Old 2013-05-18, 3:09pm
Dakine glass man

^^^^ that's exactly why I like striking colors so much, I used to think that it was over after 2 or 3 cycles, then Jeremiah Kern came along and introduced me to the "throw it in the back for a week or two" method. Colors that appear to stop striking until after like the 10th cycle, then all of a sudden BOOM. I have seen colors go almost black from striking. It's pretty fun to watch the progression

Old 2013-05-18, 5:10pm
Loving learning

Well right now I have shorts, so don't know what anything is, but when I order some & know they're striking I'll try it out, thanks!
Old 2013-05-19, 9:49am
Lava Maker

Thanks for sharing. I'm putting some of my striking implosions back through the cycles and some are definitely blooming.

I'm wearing one today that was just so so, then 2 cycles later, wowie zowie is all I can say.

Ann DeHoff
Old 2013-05-19, 12:35pm
Dakine glass man

^^^^ that's what I'm talkin bout

Old 2013-05-21, 3:16pm
Dakine glass man

Pcs after another 5 or so cycles. If I could leave everything in the kiln for 2 weeks I would use this color
A lot more
Attached Images

Old 2013-05-21, 3:26pm

pardon the newbosity, but what color is PCS?
Old 2013-05-21, 8:03pm

PCS is short form for pictures I believe. the above pics are of creme soda it is a continuation of the previous page.

Old 2013-05-22, 1:00am

Purple Cream Soda
Old 2013-05-22, 2:32am

aha!!
Old 2013-05-25, 5:12am
pedal as fast as you can

Thanks for the great info here

Old 2013-11-17, 1:15pm
Dakine glass man

Just though i'ld share with you all that this thread is now a column in Glassline magazine. So if your wondering why this died, it didn't......just moved to a more professional format. The 3rd installment of the column is coming out soon

Old 2013-11-17, 6:33pm
Lava Maker

Thanks. T
The last installment was terrific.

Ann DeHoff