Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-07-09, 11:57am

Default "My Paragon kiln has gone crazy" question

Has anyone else had this problem? My kiln is less than 1 month old. Today it started going wonky. It followed my ramp program and was maintaining the temperature just fine.

It was over an hour later, my bead was ready to put in the kiln. The kiln was absolutely GLOWING. It had ramped up to maximum temp, the digital read out was flashing. It couldn't even tell me how hot it was. Touching any one of the buttons did nothing. No message codes.

I turned it off. I cooled it down. I waited until it was less than 400. When I turned it on the read out was flashing "2a-1" & "5". I set it for my regular ramp program. At 1 hour it was fine. At 1 hour and 9 minutes the same thing happened.

I have been running this ramp program since I got the kiln, or some very similar variation of it. I had been running the kiln 5 out ot 7 days a week. Now I'm afraid to turn it back on. I may not be sane in the amount of time it takes me to get it replaced. It's only been a few hours and I'm already going through withdrawal.

Any one have any suggestions? Other than calling Paragon tomorrow, which I already plan to do.

BoniBell
Old 2006-07-09, 9:37pm
product of the universe

I had my thermalcouple go on my kiln the other day. There was a really loud buzz. I didn't think anything of it. Took a half hour break when i looked at the kiln it was at 1700. I opend it and voila a whole nights work instant paperweights. turning the kiln off did nothing it just keept firing. So i had to unplug it to shut it off. Called aim the next day 25 bucks for a replacement part.

Sounds like you should contact paragon. You haven't had it that long so it should be warantied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.