Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-05-05, 7:27am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesigned Beads View Post
Due to the 'sensitivity' of some members, I think it is not appropriate to show the pics, but I am willing to pm images to those that want to see it ...
I disagree. I'd love to see your pictures. Why not post a thread with "adults only/NSFW" in the title if you're concerned? Or post them in the bedroom forum ("adult playground") I'm sure either option would address the concerns of the oh-so-sensitive board members, and then the rest of us don't miss out on seeing your cool stuff!

If you're still uncomfortable, please PM me the images

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2009-05-05, 10:21am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

LOL. ok. I will post images of our proud members in the bedroom ... SNL, no violence ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-05-09, 8:04pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesigned Beads View Post
LOL. ok. I will post images of our proud members in the bedroom ... SNL, no violence ...
Make sure to include a link to the thread in this thread.
Can't wait to see whatchabinupto!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-08-14, 10:23pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Greenstone View Post

Oh... Why.... Did... I Looooook????? lol Now I have to start making them in those sizes! My lil guys... are only to wear around the neck. lol

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-08-15, 8:39pm
Attack of the Snuggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
http://www.xtoysusa.com/6991xuglla.htm

Damn....12"x2" worth of glass - basically a maria and a rounded end.
What's that...maybe 40 minutes of work with a decent torch.
And they're asking $699 for it? My friends, I am in the WRONG end
of this glass industry (literally, the WRONG END).
I could make that in 15 minutes tops, jeez the heck with marbles. I might even get invites to watch it in use (for research purposes of course)

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2009-08-15, 8:40pm
In spite of it all!

lol

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-08-15, 8:43pm
Pyromaniac

Dave that dog is really cute.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-08-16, 10:24am

I was going to make some silly comment that you all are STILL pricing them... but I see its gone further!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-08-18, 1:17pm
Just at the begining

I had no idea there was a demand for this, I might have to start using Boro, but how do you stop giggling while your making them .
Old 2009-08-18, 2:32pm
Pyromaniac

Maybe once you've used one it becomes a matter of not being able to wait for the kiln to cool off?

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2009-08-18, 3:14pm
Pyromaniac

Old 2009-08-18, 6:53pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDeM View Post
I had no idea there was a demand for this, I might have to start using Boro, but how do you stop giggling while your making them .
Just think about the money...

Old 2009-08-19, 5:22am

Quote:
Must be a man!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-08-19, 10:26am
Just at the begining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamn! View Post
Must be a man!
Hey I don't have a problem with that, what I mean is a glass one, being a man I find this intriguing, how would you sell it, online, or local sex shop, I guess at a craft or art show would be out of the question.
Old 2009-08-19, 10:41am
Fancy Mammal

Depends on the craft show, I think. I was just talking to some friends about another glassworker who sells at the womens' roller derby events -- I'm guessing that might work there.
Old 2009-08-19, 10:56am
Bliss Junkie

being a man, i have sold a few of them... it is interesting, to say the least... going to be selling to a shop here soon, when i get off my butt and call the store back.. i find, that when i sell them to an individual, i tend to hear quiet a bit about personal practices than i need to know..

i found the best way to sell, in by word of mouth, and at friends parties

after you bring them out, and everyone gets over the giggles and the shock of whats on display, its just like selling any other product... in most cases, they sell themselves..

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2009-08-19, 12:53pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
The god awful amount of radiant heat coming off the glass does wonders for wilting your sense of humor lol

|
|
Old 2009-08-19, 6:28pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Hey I don't have a problem with that, what I mean is a glass one, being a man I find this intriguing, how would you sell it, online, or local sex shop, I guess at a craft or art show would be out of the question.
All of mine are custom orders.

Old 2009-08-20, 9:50pm

Quote:
I know! I couldn't help it with your comment though!

I can only imagine how much heat would radiate off the glass!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-08-21, 8:07am
Pyromaniac

I've only done custom orders as well but a local head shop wants to add a case of toys so I am looking into that.

I've seen a few a Etsy shops that carry these though.

Old 2009-08-22, 8:40pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
I've only done custom orders as well but a local head shop wants to add a case of toys so I am looking into that.

I've seen a few a Etsy shops that carry these though.
I thought about selling them on Etsy, but considering I haven't gotten around to posting any marbles or pendants or anything on Etsy for a long while, it will probably be a while until I get around to getting any toys posted...