Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-03-19, 3:37pm
Nah, not really...;)

Default Any interest in a BoroBox???

Would anyone would be interested in doing a Boro glass box to pass around like the GeoGlass Box in the game room???
Glass, silver/gold, tools, findings, molds, frit, etc.

Basically a sharing box. You get it, take some stuff out, put some stuff in, send it to the next person.

What do y'all think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HardwoodTrailGlass; 2006-03-27 at 5:44pm.
Old 2006-03-19, 6:49pm
Serenity Now!

I'm in Canada...Can I play? - (got lots of goodies, can't help myself!)
...Val

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-03-19, 8:00pm
ManBearPig

I'd be interested. The only request I have is that you wait a few weeks to get started. We have shows most every weekend from now until we go to Asheville with Mr Smiley the first week of May. I won't have ANY spare time until then.

But, I love these kinds of things, so just put me later on the list and count me in.

Old 2006-03-20, 2:56am
Nah, not really...;)

Oh goody!
Of course you can play Val.
And you're in Chad, just further down the list

I think we'll need at least 10 to play, so we'll see how it goes.

Old 2006-03-20, 6:04am
borobucaneer

I am in, I'll throw down some big murinni chuncks! OOO I have so many goodies!
Old 2006-03-20, 6:17am
Back from the Dark Side

I'd love to play!! I don't have a lot of boro, but i'm willing to share

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2006-03-20, 6:46am
Save the Numbats

Earlier, I was about to post that I was interested in participating, but while I was typing, my computer spontaneously shut off for no apparent reason and wouldn't stay on again for more than 1 minute.
I think this is a sign that I should NOT participate.
Old 2006-03-20, 11:29am

Run a full virus scan on that puppy now!

Eric
Old 2006-03-20, 8:12pm
Save the Numbats

Well, I use Linux, so it's not your usual spyware and virus infested Windows machine with Outlook shining like a beacon to the criminal underworld.
It's a kind of flaky older laptop. Every night around 4 am something weird starts happening, like the display shuts off and won't turn on again, even in the BIOS sequence, until the next day. It might be possessed.
Since it was shutting down spontaneously, while booting, it's not likely to be a virus or other security issue. I think theres a short or something - the charger hookup is screwed, just like every other laptop older than 2 years I' ve ever seen (clearly how they make you buy new ones). I don't know, it's working now!
And this has nothing to do with a Boro Box.
Sure, send me a Boro Box! I have a bunch of weird stuff to pack in there.
Old 2006-03-21, 5:21am
Nah, not really...;)

Ok, so far:

butterflykj
FlowerVal
Cosmo
baylie
Lynn Larson
Juln

e.mort: are you in?

Old 2006-03-21, 6:02am
borobucaneer

can't wait...How many people do we need to start this box on its journey?
Old 2006-03-21, 8:56am
Old enough to know better

I'm in, if you'll tell me what I need to do. I've never done a box thing.

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-21, 11:02am
Nah, not really...;)

butterflykj
FlowerVal
Cosmo
baylie
Lynn Larson
Juln
Tanya

Ok I will start a box w/ a whole bunch of goodies, then mail it to the next person on the list (I'll do a random thing) they go thru it, take some stuff out, put some other stuff in, maybe make a bead/marble/gift or something for the next person and send it off............hopefully w/ in a week
I usually mail everything Priority w/ delivery confirmation. Then the last person on the list sends it back to me.

Also, in this thread, try and keep the other players updated w/ when you receive it, what you took out and what you put in, and then when you mail it on to the next person. You can go and check out the Geo Glass box threads in the game room to see how they have worked.

I was thinking at least 10 people to start it

I am going to Mountain Glass Arts, yes again , today so I'll get a bunch of extra stuff to start the box off and get a list going of what I'll put in.

This will be fun.

Old 2006-03-21, 2:30pm
Serenity Now!

It WILL be a lot of fun! Thanks Carrie, for getting the ball rolling...
Val

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-03-21, 5:44pm

I can alway put in that NS Jade, right?

Eric
Old 2006-03-22, 5:37am
Nah, not really...;)

Eric, are you 'in'?

Old 2006-03-22, 5:39am
Nah, not really...;)

Oh yeah, FlowerVal.............just say no to snoodling

Old 2006-03-22, 6:28am
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort
I can alway put in that NS Jade, right?

Eric
Nope, I'm going to put the NS Jade in...

Eric, you are in, aren't you???

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-22, 6:39am

OK, what the heck, put me in as well.

Eric
Old 2006-03-22, 7:32am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

That would be fun, but I am in The Netherlands, can I play?? I don'have a lot of boro but am definetly willing to share, I have lots and lots of tools and other stuff ( genuine belgium chocolates etc) for trade

Old 2006-03-22, 9:21am

well if the box is comming north i supose i could toss something in.
sign me up.
B
Old 2006-03-22, 10:41am
Nah, not really...;)

Suzanne, so I've never mailed anything to the Netherlands, how much does it cost and how long does it take? usually? any better method to ship than another?

Old 2006-03-22, 10:45am
ManBearPig

USPS will probably be the cheapest to send it, but it will also be the slowest.

Old 2006-03-22, 10:48am

I just sent a bunch of products in Oct. to the Netherlands, Its a hassle. They have the VAT tax on all incoming goods, and its like 21%. Shipping itself is quite spendy also. It was cheaper for me to send two people with my products in their luggage than it was to send just a box in the bottom of the plane
O' well. Dad was happy to go over and im sure my shop mate nadia didnt mind either. Maybe ill get a passport so i can go next time.
B
Old 2006-03-22, 10:54am
Nah, not really...;)

Good grief.

I'll wait to hear Suzanne chime in.........
I can do a RAOGK to her if it takes too long, etc.

Old 2006-03-22, 10:55am
Nah, not really...;)

Ok so far:

butterflykj
FlowerVal
Cosmo
baylie
Lynn Larson
Juln
Tanya
e.mort
boroburner

Old 2006-03-22, 11:08am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Shipping is quite easy to the Netherlands. It is expensive, but I am more then willing to pick up the tab for shipping. Customs do get their hands on stuff a lot, and will add 19% of taxes on the total value of the package ( wich has to be stated on the customs slip. ) I usually receive my items within four days, but it can take six weeks if customs do hold back on the item.

Best thing would be for me to drop out , I don;t want to spoil a wonderfull plan I wish you all tons of fun and I will be watching this thread!

Suzanne

Old 2006-03-22, 7:16pm
daughter and I

I'm in. I'll be interested to see what is going in the box to start.
Suzanne, don't want you to be left out, we could do a mini exchangey thingy? You work in soft glass too right?

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2006-03-23, 10:42am
Nah, not really...;)

Ok here we go

butterflykj
FlowerVal
Cosmo
baylie
Lynn Larson
Juln
Tanya
e.mort
boroburner
valerie folly

Can everybody please PM me your address so we can get this thing going?

Suzanne, can you also send me your address so I can send some AOGK, not really 'Random'! I would include you, but I would totally freak if it got held up 6 weeks, yikes

I will get the box together this weekend and post what is in it and where it is going first

Please try and get the box back out w/in 7 days The faster it moves, the faster more people get to play and there won't be as much discouragement.

Please post when you get the box, then what you've taken out and put in, etc.
Thank you!

Old 2006-03-23, 10:48am
ManBearPig

Are we just putting materials in? Or are we putting in some finished stuff too?