Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-03-23, 10:54am
Nah, not really...;)

I was hoping we put in 1 bead/marble/whatever as a specific gift to the next person on the list and so on.

Also, you can put in whatever you want to share/give.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-23, 11:31am

WOW ...NS JADE !!!! IM IN !!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I get it ... !!!!

Old 2006-03-23, 4:42pm
Nah, not really...;)

butterflykj
FlowerVal
Cosmo *
baylie
Lynn Larson *
Juln
Tanya *
e.mort *
boroburner *
valerie folly
jayglass

I've put an asterick (sp?) beside the names that I have addresses for so far.
I can't spell today for some reason, sorry.

Last edited by HardwoodTrailGlass; 2006-03-24 at 3:58am.
Old 2006-03-24, 4:42am
Nah, not really...;)

butterflykj
FlowerVal *
Cosmo *
baylie
Lynn Larson *
Juln *
Tanya *
e.mort *
boroburner *
valerie folly *
jayglass *
Suzanne *

Since we don't know the costs/time it will take to get to Suzanne, I'll have the last person mail the box back to me and then I'll mail it on over to the Netherlands so she can play too!

Last edited by HardwoodTrailGlass; 2006-03-25 at 2:36pm.
Old 2006-03-24, 6:36am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Thank you so much Carrie, you are the best * big kiss for you*!!.

Old 2006-03-24, 8:24am

I thought they fixed the jade??
It used to be horrible, but i tried some a coupl months ago and it was really nice to work. Did i just get part of a freak batch?
B
Old 2006-03-24, 10:03am
Old enough to know better

I thought they fixed it too. I'm not sure what happened with Eric's pendant. I haven't had the chance to play with it yet, but will post an update when I do. Even is it is still persnickety, I like the color so much, I think it would be lovely unencased. I'm assuming it's a chrome color, and there are issues with encasing many of the chrome colors.

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-25, 7:38am

strange...... If i had to guess i woulda said cadmium, mostly cause it reminds me of the crayons in both density and working characteristics. It used to boil if i remember right. I only got a sample rod from my supplier of the new and the old i had enough BAD experiances with to turn me off of nething called jade.
I dont remember if the new boiled or not, i know it didnt crack under clear.
B
Old 2006-03-25, 1:32pm
Save the Numbats

Yeah, Jade is chrome. All of the opaque greens and most sparkles are. They usually aren't anywhere near as touchy as cadmiums.
Forest Green, they fixed by lowering the COE. Probably that has happened with Jade by now, but theres probably still a lot of the old stuff floating around in inventory.
Old 2006-03-25, 5:08pm

I made a couple of Jade beads. Two unencased, one encased. No problems with any of them. The glass did seem like it was considering boiling, but I worked it a bit further out. The only negative is where I added glass to one of the unencased beads - it looks a bit discolored. Perhaps the added glass got too hot. All in all, though, it worked just fine.

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-25, 6:44pm
Nah, not really...;)

FlowerVal *
Cosmo *
baylie *
Lynn Larson *
Juln *
Tanya *
e.mort *
boroburner *
valerie folly *
jayglass *
suzanne *

Ok I have everybody's address
I am getting the box together this weekend and will post what is in it. I will also include a list in the box for you to mark off what you take out and then you also write what you put in.

Here is the bitchy request: If you cannot get the box back out w/in 7 days after you receive it, then don't play, it really sucks when somebody holds on to the box for weeks or a month I don't get it

Allrightee then. Now that that is over with I'll post who's going first Monday!

Old 2006-03-25, 11:27pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

This is soo cool! I can't wait to see what will happen next, I feel like a kid on xmas morning!

Old 2006-03-26, 4:14am
Serenity Now!

Very exciting, indeed...thanks again Carrie, for pulling this together...
Val

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-03-26, 9:42pm

game on!
B
Old 2006-03-26, 9:50pm

I have little boro, am willing to share. and am not at all good at working it. but if further down the list would love to play.

Alan.
Old 2006-03-27, 3:59pm
Nah, not really...;)

Ok, here is the list, I hope this is enough to start? If not, just tell me........soon though, like before tomorrow

12 Momka shorts
18 3mm clear
11 5mm clear
2 Elvis
2 Pomegranite
2 DAP
2 AP
2 Amazon Night
1 Disco Sparkle, short
1 Egyptian White Sands
1 Green AP
1 Mystery Aventurine
1 Blue Caramel
1 Yellow
1 Cobalt
1 Silver Strike 3
1 Silver Strike 5
1 Aurora
1 Blue Moon
1 Butterscotch
1 Aquarmarine Sparkle
1 Silver Tears
1 Caribbean Coral
1 Silver Beach
1 Cherry Brandy
1 Magic Mirror
1 Silver Iris
1 Almond Nugget
1 Silver Dance
1 Green Envy
1 Green Pearl
1 Alaska Night
1 Amethyst Ice

All of the above, except noted, are full rods, either take the whole rod or cut in half, whatever you want to do. All are labeled, most w/ how to work them on the label, which is a cool thing that Mountain Glass Arts does

Back to the list:

Frit:
2 Green AP small
2 DAP powder
1 DAP small
1 DAP large
2 Yellow large
2 Mystery Aventurine small
2 Indigo Luster size 38
2 Silver Strike 5 size 38

Brass tool for shaping/marvering
Copper mesh
Foster Fire bead release, small
1 Spool Tan 2mm Leather cord, natural
20G Fine Silver wire, couple feet
25 Sheets Silver Leaf
25 Sheets Silver Foil
Measuring tool (cheaper caliper)
1 Sterling Silver pendant
3 Sterling Silver Snake chains
3mm Satin Cord, few feet

And 1 bead gift for the first player!

Old 2006-03-27, 4:05pm

was I too late to get in?

A.
Old 2006-03-27, 4:27pm
lov'in life!!!

Me, me, me...I'd love to play Sorry to be so late Carrie....I'm exhausted and I am soooo glad the show is over WOOHOOOO!!!

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2006-03-27, 5:15pm

Dang Carrie! You sure you can afford to put that much stuff in there? I was planning on adding some boro color, a frit combo that I made, and some pendants, but it looks like you are putting in the lion's share.

Eric
Old 2006-03-27, 5:38pm
Nah, not really...;)

Eric, I feel like it should have enough 'stuff' in it to begin with and it will eventually get back to me w/ other 'stuff'

I've never started a sharing 'box', only contributed, and I only took out what I wanted to put back in that was comparable, if that makes sense.
When it is somebody's turn, they can take as little or as much as they'd like out of the box, uhhh w/in reason but it should be replaced w/ the same amount. Not necessarily the same types of items that were taken out, but 'worth' the same amount of money or more, depending on what they have to 'give'.

Old 2006-03-27, 5:42pm
Nah, not really...;)

FlowerVal *
Cosmo *
baylie *
Lynn Larson *
Juln *
Tanya *
e.mort *
boroburner *
valerie folly *
jayglass *
suzanne *
misfit *
Flamedancer *
Karen Hardy *

A couple more added!

Old 2006-03-27, 6:36pm

Hmmm, I may have a couple of extra tools I can put in there as well. Hmmm, I do have a pair of Aura 92 clip ons but they are more for softglass than boro.

Eric
Old 2006-03-28, 3:50am
Nah, not really...;)

The BoroBox will be mailed today Priority w/ delivery confirmation and insured to..........

Tanya Have Fun!!!

I will post the delivery confirmation in the thread so we can all watch its' progress. I'd also like it if everyone can do the same, so we don't have the box getting 'lost'

Old 2006-03-28, 4:45am

Woohooo!!!

- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-28, 9:33am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Actually, having participated in many swaps and other things like this, the proper "box etiquette" is to put a "gift" in to the originator or the box (which would be you, Carrie - Queen for the day ). It would be really cool if everybody who participates puts in a special bead to you for organizing this, and then you get to make a necklace from all the beads. Then whenever you wear it, you "feel the love"

Wow, awesome bunch of stuff going in - I'm going through my special boro drawers putting together some yummy stuff to contribute! Can't wait!!!
I've been playing with making some custom frit blends, so I'll try and get some made so whoever comes after me can have some to play with (maybe multiple sample packs so everybody can try some?).

Karen H

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykj
I was hoping we put in 1 bead/marble/whatever as a specific gift to the next person on the list and so on.

Also, you can put in whatever you want to share/give.
Old 2006-03-28, 9:43am
Nah, not really...;)

Wow, I am 'taken back'. I don't really know what to say.....

Thank you Karen for suggesting that, it isn't necessary, but I am just in awe of the giving on this forum and having 'met' so many wonderful sharing people.
You people ROCK!!!

I truly have gotten way more than I have given to this forum.

Old 2006-03-28, 9:45am
Nah, not really...;)

Oops, custom frits sounds FUN Karen!

Old 2006-03-28, 10:36am
Nah, not really...;)

I went ahead and took 2 quick pics of what I put in the box.
I love the labels that Mountain Glass Arts has BTW. And if not from them, then I put labels on all the rods.

I forgot, I also put in 10 Sterling Silver toe rings

Old 2006-03-28, 12:11pm

sweet!!!
I look forward to adding my lil bit.
B
Old 2006-03-28, 4:20pm
Serenity Now!

Yippeeee...can't wait!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here: