LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-08-18, 2:22am
Bonkers about glass.....

Have just bought the tutorial. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 2010-08-18, 7:30am
T.J. made me do it

Look, another etsy treasury today! It's definitely not the artistic ability of the beadmaker! It's gotta be Kevan's tutorial.

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c6be6b...ribal-fringe-i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-18, 8:08pm
Living out Loud

I don't know if I should by the pdf or the cd? Hmmmm. All comments welcome.

Old 2010-08-21, 5:12pm

I ordered the PDF yesterday and had it within 1 minute!

Thanks so much for this great tut Kevan! I was too lazy to set everything already up, but photoshopped (or should I say gimped) an older picture and plop! all the colours came up. The picture was still bad and I could not get it better of course, but I see already so much more than before.

I'm now struggling in getting that signature in pictures. Try to make the translation from Photoshop to Gimp.
Old 2010-08-28, 9:58pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

crap, how did I miss this post? goin to get GIMP NOW! computer melt down, lost my bling it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Kelly, do you use a photo editing program? You can download GIMP for free and it does pretty much everything Photoshop does. It certainly does everything I show how to do in the tut. Or Photoshop Elements. Is there gimp for dummies book, that is how I was going to teach myself photoshop.

You absolutely have to use a photo editing program. No one uses photos straight off their camera. Someone MIGHT, but they would be the odd ones out. At the very least you have to crop and brighten your photos.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-08-28, 11:45pm
Entropy increasing....

I'm so glad you all like it and think it's helping you!
Old 2010-08-31, 6:12pm
Semi Retired

It works great with my PS element 2. I have have not read through the whole tutorial but a couple of the tools I wasn't aware of have helped a lot. I highly recommend this tutorial if you are selling online. Thanks, Kevan.

|

|

|

|

Old 2010-09-09, 6:20pm
Hat or Cake?

I just bought this and just reading it, in advance, has broadened my knowledge. I need to find a good place to set up with natural light behind the camera. I wanted to do it in the basement in a workspace that didn't have natural light, but I have a photobox set-up that I thought might be enough without the natural light. Guess I have to re-think this in terms of finding a window. But I'm greatly looking forward to trying to improve things. I was OK with my old digital Olympus, but I'm still learning my new little Nikon Coolpix. I'm not even sure I can make it work manually, but I'm optimistic that I'll soon be able to post pics I don't have to apologize for!

Thanks, Kevan.
Beth
Old 2010-09-12, 8:12pm

Hiya, I'm still struggling with that signature in GIMP. Anyone knows how to make the background transparant? What I mean is that if I put the signature on a picture that it is not a white square with the name, but that you can see the picture through the letters?
Old 2010-09-12, 8:53pm
Entropy increasing....

Here's a couple of video tuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhFxvLa4C34

Oh this one is for making signature brushes in Gimp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPNT...eature=related
Old 2010-09-13, 1:27pm

Thanks for the Kevan. I was just wondering this weekend how to do this in GIMP.

Can't stress enough to everyone if you are struggling with pictures you need this tutorial. Easy to follow and understand without all the technibabble like someone else mentioned earlier. My pics are a 1000% better without changing cameras. Take a look at the difference. First photo was taken in 2006 and second one was last week. Same camera.
Attached Images

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-09-17, 8:31am
pamtees

I just ordered Kevan's tutorial! Can't wait!