Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-05-21, 9:42am

Default That Frit Girl

Hi there
I've ordered some frit from That Frit Girl nearly a month ago, and haven't received it yet. I've sent her emails, both replying to her auto shipment notice, and through her website. Both emails bounced back and I'm beginning to wonder if I should be concerned. Can anyone vouch for this company? Should I be worried?
Thanks!
KristaBee
Old 2013-05-21, 6:18pm
ASamples33

She will come through. I have placed a few orders with her and have always gotten my orders. Some orders did take longer than others. You can always PM her here on LE that might work. Even though a month does sound long just keep trying to contact her. Remember a lot of the sellers on here have other jobs to and are doing the best they can. Don't sweat it.
Andi
Old 2013-05-23, 11:19am

After a couple of attempts using the internet to contact That Frit Girl, I decided to do the old fashioned thing and pick up the phone! Sounds like the problem lies with good old Canada customs, as I might have expected. Ms Frit Girl could not have been nicer, and promised to reship if Canada customs doesn't come through in the next few days.
Can't wait to get my frit!
Old 2013-05-23, 1:22pm
one day at a time

She is a very good vendor to deal with. One of the best!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-25, 4:00pm
The Andrea Half

Hey, all, I just heard from LEslie -- she called me with the last of her cell phone battery.
She is okay, but San Antonio and Bulverde has gotten more rain than she has ever seen -- and I was there for the floods of 2007, which isolated her neighborhood and washed out roads. Power is out all over the area, so she can't check the internet for orders or email or notify people, and phone lines are down all over the place; she doesn't have a land line. She can't even reach her job at the post office -- the roads are flooded. At the time she spoke to me there was no eta for restoration of phone or power. And according to the NAtional Weather Service, they may get another 2-4 inches tonight:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her house is on high ground, but it is on a slope. The house itself has good water runoff, but the studio is a mess. She said it was flooded (I know the layout, and I don't think there's standing water, but I can definitely see water running off the hill following the path of least resistence THROUGH the building -- the back part of the studio was originally a place for larger tools, and has a side rolling garage door, not a standard door.

As I said, she's okay, as is everyone else, but she has no clue when she will be able to fill orders, and asks everyone to please hang tight. If she follows her usual practice, when she CAN communicate, she will, and she will likely make the delay good in some way. However, this is an Act of Weather.

Seriously, folks, if there is water over the road and it is moving, don't cross it even if you can see the center line for part of the way. 5" can float a car. I know this from experience!

Here's recent reportage, with images:
Leslie is in Bulverde, in Comal County.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-27, 6:16am

Hello All!

The water is finally starting to go down and it looks as if the rains are finally over. I've been working on getting all of the mud and muck out of the house and will start on the studio next... We got the water drained down from the pool (it was three inches over the top and all over the patio) but the water remains a raging-river brown and the pump is now broken from all of the silt (we weren't able to get to it to shut it off), but it could have been worse.

No one was hurt in our family although we had frantic animals all over the place, including a displaced snapping turtle whom we have now named "Yurtle."

The mud & muck is still awful and we had alot of damage, but compared to some that I've seen we came out well.

In and around cleaning I'm slowly getting the orders packed and ready for stamps/labels - all will go priority mail with a free shipping voucher tucked inside to apologise for the delay brought on by the storms down here.

I hope that everyone is safe and well in this freaky storm season!

Cheers & thanks,
Leslie

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-05-27, 9:52am

Oh Leslie what a mess. I'm sure people can wait a bit longer.
Old 2013-06-02, 2:07pm

I wonder what the heck is with the weather lately?
Leslie I hope you get cleaned up soon and I am happy that there was not more damage although what you had was pretty awful!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-06-09, 4:02pm

Thanks Paula! Thanks everyone! We're weathering *snort* round three of rainstorms and now just laugh when we start to get cleaned up and the rain starts again. We'll be glad of the water table during the summer though! At least they're not tornados - those poor folks in Oklahoma! I'll take a ton of water any day!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-11-09, 8:05pm

Hi, I ordered from you Oct 25. I cannot contact you on your email. It keeps bouncing back. My order should have gotten to me by now! Other vendors have sent items I ordered much later, and they have all arrived, and yours is only a small bag.
Order # 0000001251
Thank you
Old 2013-11-11, 12:24am

I got it today. Sorry for being impatient. Thank you so much for the two little sample bags too! I will order again.
Old 2013-11-11, 3:05pm

Your frit is divine! I am going to order more!
Old 2013-11-17, 6:38pm

Leslie has absolutely wonderful frit!

--Helene
Old 2013-11-18, 4:07pm

Thanks guys!!! I just took my credentialling exam so for about a week prior I was *completely* off the grid and one-tracked-mind crazy!

ALL orders have gone out with many, many thanks!

Leslie
Frit Happens...