Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-05-21, 12:41pm

Default Bead release PLEASE HELP!!!!

Ok, I am hitting frustration point. I have always worked on about 1/16" manderal using Alices bead release wich I love. However a month ago I took a class wich has got me melting bigger and on the larger manderals up to
1/4" my main problem is that Alices is a bit soft for the large beads. I have tried the differant make your own clay and ash and alumina mixes and they are all brittle or create bubbles. I went and bought the pink slipper stuff from my local glass person, agian way soft. So can anyone please tell me wich bead release they like the best for the bigger beads, larger holes. I need just a little more strength and don't want to waste a million more dollars trying to find the right bead release. I thank you all for your help.
Old 2008-05-21, 1:02pm

Try Fusion or Sludge plus from Arrow Springs Both are fantastic.
Scott

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-05-21, 1:08pm

Thanks I seem to remember using Super Sludge years ago but can't remember it. I found some posts talking about Fusion so I think I will order both of them.
Old 2008-05-21, 1:30pm
just plain silly

I use Fusion with no problems on my 1/4" and larger mandrels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Suzanne
Old 2008-05-21, 1:37pm
Glassy Lady

I use 1/2 and 1/2, Fusion and Alice's. It holds beautifully and releases easily. Just don't flame dry it.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2008-05-21, 4:14pm
Born Facing Left

I use Bucket 'o Mud exclusively. I put a lot of stress on my mandrels, and it's the best release that I've used, ever. I use it very, very thin.

Old 2008-05-21, 4:32pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

LOVE fusion!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book