Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-07-31, 2:02pm

Default Call for Boro BEAD Instructors

Hi all..

I'm trying to compile a list of boro BEAD instructors (NOT looking for sculpting, pendants, implosions, knobs, big hole beads).

My friend and I may be interested in traveling OR, possibly bringing someone to Indiana for a workshop. (We've already taken from Doug Remschneider and are considering taking from Mr. Smiley.)

We're looking for someone who goes beyond pulling cane, applying frit, etc. Someone who does intricate, detailed decoration in boro beads. I know they're out there! I've seen them but I don't have any picture examples right now. I hope this makes sense!

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-31, 2:28pm
yukue fumei

Mary Ann Williams would be awesome!

How about Christina from Glass scapes--her beads are awesome!
http://www.glassartists.org/Gal11463..._s_Gallery.asp

or Kenan Tiermeyer?

nagi

Old 2007-07-31, 3:09pm

For detail if you were willing to travel to CA. Suellen Fowler or Nancy Nagle would be perfect for detail oriented work. Or come down to south Florida for some inside out stuff.
Old 2007-08-01, 5:40am
ManBearPig

That's what I do.

I just made a batch of focal beads. I should have pics of them taken later this week.

Kenan would be a good choice too if you want to learn tubing beads. He claims he's never even held a mandrel. He keeps saying he's going to come to my shop and learn some mandrel work, but he hasn't made it down yet. But if you want to learn tubing work, he's one of the best there is.

Old 2007-08-02, 6:38am
"....Oh Honey!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LampworkbyLori View Post
Hi all..

I'm trying to compile a list of boro BEAD instructors (NOT looking for sculpting, pendants, implosions, knobs, big hole beads).

My friend and I may be interested in traveling OR, possibly bringing someone to Indiana for a workshop. (We've already taken from Doug Remschneider and are considering taking from Mr. Smiley.)

We're looking for someone who goes beyond pulling cane, applying frit, etc. Someone who does intricate, detailed decoration in boro beads. I know they're out there! I've seen them but I don't have any picture examples right now. I hope this makes sense!

Thanks!
Hi There Lori,

I've been teaching boro classes for several years. My primary class is structured as a crossover from soft glass to boro, the emphasis on mandrel beads. This continually evolves as new colors and tools become available. I am flexible and happy to accomodate the needs of each class whenever possible. Check out my website for examples of my work: http://www.wildfire-designs.com

You're not too far from me. I'm in Kansas City and happy to travel. If I can help out or answer questions, please get in touch. (email or pm are fine)

dvd now available

Last edited by wildfirelauri; 2007-08-02 at 6:41am.
Old 2007-08-02, 6:57am

Hi Lori,

I teach private classes in boro beadmaking in PA...kind of far to travel, I know. So far have not traveled farther than Beadfest in Phila. to teach a group class. You can check my website to see my style. I tend towards more organic-looking beads.

Sandy Seaman
Old 2007-08-02, 7:21am

Default .

I am in Idaho by the Oregon - Idaho border. Pm me if you want
Attached Images

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!
Old 2007-08-02, 11:03am
William Hagy

I have focused on instructing over the past seven years rather than bead production..... I would be willing to travel.
(here is some simple ones) 25-30mm

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.
Old 2007-08-03, 2:21pm

All I can say is WOW!!!!

For some reason I was not subscribed to this thread and thought nobody answered, but then I thought I'd re-read my post to make sure I was asking nicely and WOW!

I'm hoping to be able to schedule something with one of you soon! You are all so incredibly talented! And, I hope this is a good reference thread for others.

Thank you SOOO much!!!

Old 2007-08-03, 3:08pm
BeadsonCypress

Have you contacted Lori Copeland?
Old 2007-08-03, 3:09pm
BeadsonCypress

Nancy Tobey?