LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2010-01-12, 3:57am
Mad about Glass

Default PC crashed - lost tuts

I wasn't sure where to put this so I hope this is the right place. Over the Christmas holidays my pc died. When I got home in January it was Kaput and could not be fixed. As a consequence I have lost a few tutorials that I purchased between October and December when the backups failed.

Do you think it is OK to contact the tutorial writers and ask for another copy? A check of Paypal records proves that I did purchase the tutorials in question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[url]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-12, 4:02am
Who me?

If your hard drive didn't crash, you can put it in a USB connected case and retrieve them. My video card died on my laptop and I can't start the computer but I'm getting a case for the drive.
Old 2010-01-12, 8:10am
Boro Bum

Yes I don't see any reason that you would not be able to get another copy. It would only take writer a couple mins to send you a copy and at the price we pay for tutorials I cant see it being a problem as it wont cost them anything to send you a copy.

AcidFly
Old 2010-01-12, 8:37am

If you purchased one from me, I would absolutely send you another. In fact, I just had this come up a while ago and the lady contacted me and had the same issue and I sent her another.

Old 2010-01-12, 8:40am

Last August I switched computers and thought that I had saved all my important files but that was not so. I was able to go back through my pay pal history and find all my purchases. Then I sent an email to each author explaining what had happened and not one person refused to res-send me the file. Everyone was very nice
Old 2010-01-12, 8:47am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

My puter crashed recently too and I thought I had lost a bunch of tutorials, but then remembered that I had saved all my Tutorials that were sent by email in a folder in my hotmail account. Something to consider for the future.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-01-12, 12:01pm
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
My puter crashed recently too and I thought I had lost a bunch of tutorials, but then remembered that I had saved all my Tutorials that were sent by email in a folder in my hotmail account. Something to consider for the future.
Yeah, mine are mostly in my online account too.
Old 2010-01-12, 12:40pm
Boro Bum

OFF TOPIC : Just to let you guys know what i do, Well i learned to use my cd/dvd burner and at abut 15 - 40 cents a disk i just burn them and i always have a copy for over 100 years lol that's if the disk don't get burned in a fire or something and for another 5 bucks i got a small case just for tut's

AcidFly
Old 2010-01-12, 12:44pm
Trying to Hope!

if you got mine I will happily send you another

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2010-01-12, 2:20pm
Born Facing Left

Hey, no worries, if it's one (or both) of mine, just shoot me an email!

Old 2010-01-12, 3:20pm
Jacqueline Parkes

It's happened to me more than once and all tutorial writers were very kind and sent me copies quickly, blush.

Old 2010-01-12, 3:52pm
Frit frit and more frit!

I'm sure most people will happily send copies. I back up all mine anyway as I usually reinstall windows ever 6 months to speed up my PC anyway. I only had a problem with one tutorial I bought ages ago. I had it backed up on a disk as I'd reinstalled my PC, and I wanted to email it to a friend to print out for me at work (I don't have a decent printer) but the tutorial had a key and it wouldn't let me open another copy on another computer. I was a bit annoyed as I was planning to print it out from the local library when my friend offered to do this for me. Anyway, I contacted the author and she was very off with me even though I had explained why I wanted to do this. She sent me the key and I opened it in my newly reinstalled PC but never managed to open it again elsewhere to print it out. She made me feel so bad that I daren't contact her again, even though I can no longer access the tutorial....
Old 2010-01-12, 4:13pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I don't like the key business at all! I have one tutorial where I have forgotten the key a few times and there is noway I am going to ask the designer again.

Any tutorial writers who are here and listening, keys on tutorials suck!

Old 2010-01-12, 4:38pm

I lost mine when I left them attached to the original emails, not realizing that my email at work had been reset to autodelete after x days! I explained and asked for resends and had no problems.
Old 2010-01-12, 6:21pm
Mad about Glass

Thanks everyone. I'll definitely burn all tuts to cd in future. I've pmed both the writers and Deb Crowley and Cat Ondrey have both been most generous in resending the tutorials.

[url]

Old 2010-01-12, 8:09pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

I have replaced a number of tutorials for people who have had computer issues. I think of it as a courtesy to my customers. I dont see anything wrong with asking for them to be replaced.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."