No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-11-07, 5:49pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Question Original Terra

I have a little over a quarter pound of original Terra and I want to make murrini with some of it. I'm not sure what color(s) to use with it. I've looked for some Terra Bead photos, but am not finding very many. It seems that for the ones I have found, Terra is only one of many colors used in the bead. Does anyone have a photo or two where Terra is the main color??

Thanks !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-07, 8:55pm
Smile, it's contagious!

this is a huge thread, the pics start around the 30th post... hth!

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...ighlight=terra

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2008-11-07, 9:04pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Oh my, that is one beautiful color !! No wonder it sells for $10.00 a skinny rod. I had considered selling part or all of what I have, but now I don't think that I will.

Thank you so much Gelly. I don't know why I didn't see that thread when I searched.

Old 2008-11-07, 9:07pm
Life is change. Love it

Kathy if you are going to make murrini with it, be aware that it has to be heated very well for the colours to bloom. It is a striking glass that takes a little practice to use.

Old 2008-11-08, 11:27am
Elphaba Lives !!

Thanks for the warning Carolyn. I pretty much cook the crap out of glass when I make murrini anyway, so maybe that will help!!