Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-02-27, 10:18pm
Loving learning

The metals thing is throwing me a little. I've only got 10 beads at the moment, but after receiving the email today saying there was a great need, I was looking to see if I could put anything else in there. I have one or two more, but they are made with copper green, and have the reduction on there. So that brought the question to mind on copper green glass.
The ones I make for BOC specifically, I normally try to use the plain glass on, but not knowing bead chemistry, I'm now questioning myself on any glass that is reactive... like ivory reacts with CG, etc. What if we clean off the reduction?
Old 2012-02-28, 6:30am

The catch is that even though Copper Green isn't a lead glass the folks that do the sorting aren't glass workers and don't know the difference. They are supposed to pull any metallic-surface beads out to prevent lead glass from getting into the system. If you can keep them from having the shiny metallic surface then copper green is OK. Thanks for asking.

Robert
Old 2012-02-28, 7:43am
Loving learning

Thanks Robert, I'll pull it out. So this will be a very small group but they are going out today.
Old 2012-03-10, 7:15pm

So excited
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
just packaged up my first donation!!!
Few beads in there..but it's mostly heart pendents. Hoping that is ok, figured it would be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.