Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2013-03-06, 12:12am

GA,
I will try to take some better pics for you in the next few days. And ill show you what ive done to improve things. I have actually built myself another one of these pedels and i have it set up to control the on and off of a smaller torch (a GTT Bobcat) that i have mounted on top of my CC. I use it when im working some colors that are touchy about the CCs reducing flame.
One thing im not sure you noticed is the angle of the support for the valves. That is really what makes the thing work. The 2 basic pieces of wood have to be joined on that angle so the pull on the two valve handles is as straight as it can possibly be considering it is moving on a curve.
I will post some more pics for you in the next couple of days.

Khan
Old 2013-03-06, 1:12am

Sounds good. I will keep an eye out.
Old 2013-03-06, 11:25am
Curmudgeon Engineering

The valves used above are gas rated ball valves. These type valve are not very good for flow adjustment as the port opening is not linear and has a rather short stroke. There are valves that are made to be linear and still have a short stroke but they are expensive.

PJ
Old 2013-03-06, 1:32pm
Marble Lover

Being the new owner of a Bravo with no footpedal, I've been following this thread for a while. It is very interesting and informative to me so thanks for sharing this great information, everyone.

-BEP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-03-06, 5:51pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
The valves used above are gas rated ball valves. These type valve are not very good for flow adjustment as the port opening is not linear and has a rather short stroke. There are valves that are made to be linear and still have a short stroke but they are expensive.

PJ
Link?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-03-12, 9:09pm

I am posting a few other pictures of my footpedals. The only 2 improvements i am showing here is the change to a turnbuckle from the rocker board connecting to the valve handles. That makes it so i can adjust how the board moves the valves and how much play is in the connection.
The other thing is i added a toe stop on the rocker board so i can feel where my foot is a little easier.
I hope these help you build yours. Post some picks so we can see what you come up with.
Name:  IMG_0897.JPG
Views: 613
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0899.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0898.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  58.0 KB
Old 2013-03-13, 7:28am
Marble Lover

Nice. I'm nowhere near ready to tackle something like this, but when I am, this is going to be incredibly helpful.

-BEP
Old 2013-03-13, 11:35am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Here is one variation.

http://www.valtorc.com/valves/indust...ll-valves.html

PJ
Old 2013-03-13, 4:24pm

Would be nice if you could get the V slot valves like those but in the same form as the normal ball valve. That would be great control but i havnt seen them. I would change mine out if i could find them.

Khan
Old 2015-10-02, 1:06pm
I fart diamonds

Bump