Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

View Poll Results: What is you most favorite bead?
Recovery 2 66.67%
Butterfly 0 0%
Anchor 1 33.33%
Something else 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-21, 5:32am
Daddy loves you!!!

Default Looking for artist to help!

Hello, my name is Jason, me and my family were fortunate enough to spend four months with the strongest and most inspirational human I've ever known! Our daughter, and little sister, Brooklyn Ciera Price! She had a rare heart condition called Ebsteins anomaly, we were uprooted and moved 200 miles from our home, to a place with people, that are very dear to my heart! If it wasn't for the amazing staff at Lucile Packards Children Hospital or Stanford Hospital, for those that didn't know Stanford had a children's hospital. We never could have had the time we did! Plus I want to publicly thank the Ronald McDonald house, for all that they do! As well as Southwest Airlines, for trying to make travel as easy as possible since I still had to work to keep our lives moving, while mom and sister stayed for the whole time plus a month early because she couldn't have the baby where we live, (just not experienced enough here)!

During our stay, we noticed a string of beads next to her Heart monitor. When we asked about them, it was the first time I'd ever heard of your organization! Over the next few months the string grew and grew into four separate 3ft strings, unfourtantly three were taken by a person with no heart! Or a very small one! At least we still have her first string with her name and original �� on it.

It's been over three years since we lost our angel to her fight! I just happened to be cleaning out our extra bedroom closet,(making room for Brooklyn's new brother due in February 2016) when I found her string we still have! It's been in a special box with her first teddy, and other special things! Not anymore!!! I'm going to wear it every day for 4 months, the exact length she was with us! I found your site because I was looking for a color and bead guide, because I couldn't remember what most stood for.

So if anyone has that info I would greatly appreciate it! Also I see something about a butterfly bead, that we never recived, but will gladly pay to receive one or possibly even three, one for each of us. If I had a bead guide I would know which ones were taken and work on getting them replaced. I know we(I should say she) lost 2 surgery beads, for stints in her heart, all of her EKG beads, her dialisis beads,and at least 75+ overnight beads, probably 70+ pokes and test beads, and not sure about the rest, until I get a guide. Also was wondering about the sibling beads???

Also, I'm searching for a glass artist to possibly make 10 very special beads for me. I'm looking to have 10 beautiful heart shaped glass beads, must be thick enough to be worn forever, with a pinch of her ashes inside so, Sis, Mom, both sets of grandparents, her new lil bro, and our main Doctor, and most trusted and favorite nurse, and me of course, can always have her as strength when it's needed in life! If you or anyone you know can help please let me know, I will pay for any an all costs!!! Just really need this done ASAP, I want to surprise everyone on her birthday if possible???

I also just learned that one of my local hospitals is a BOC hospital! How do I donate my time, help, distribute, teach, people here about this wonderful program??? Sorry if it was long winded or to much for one post but I miss her every day! I needed to get it out I guess, to share her story, to do something positive in her name, because she was that kind of soul that would not just want but expect us to be better!

Thank you for reading this!

Brooklyn, just remember. We all love you down here and look forward to seeing you again someday, till then keep looking down, because we will keep looking up!
LOVE FOREVER,

Mom, and Dad

Last edited by Hearts4Brooklyn; 2015-10-21 at 6:40am.
Old 2015-10-21, 5:48am
Loving learning

I am so sorry for your loss of your daughter.

As to your questions, you could contact the BOC organization directly to get help with the colors, etc. and the butterfly heart questions.
They are at Beadsofcourage.org, and they also have a page on Facebook if you use Facebook.
Old 2015-10-21, 5:53am
Daddy loves you!!!

Thank you, I'll try them next for my color guide, but it's not on their web site that I could see! That's how I ended up here.
Old 2015-10-21, 6:59am
Loving learning

No, it isn't, I would contact them from their link (contact via email or something like that?). I don't think it is published anywhere. I don't have it, or I would share with you, but I'm sure they can help you.

Last edited by Eileen; 2015-10-21 at 7:07am.
Old 2015-10-21, 7:17am
Daddy loves you!!!

Thank you once again! I did email them so hopefully soon!
Old 2015-10-21, 7:18am
Lampworkaholic!

Welcome Jason. I am sorry for your loss.

If you google Beads of Courage Color Guide you will find it under Images.

I'd be happy to send you an Act of Courage bead. Have you registered in RAOGK on this site?

Liz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2015-10-21, 7:20am
Daddy loves you!!!

Thank you. I will try google image! I think I did register for it! Is it the one that asked for your address?
Old 2015-10-21, 8:43am
Loving learning

I also wanted to say, I hope you notified the hospital about her beads being taken. That is just awful.
Old 2015-10-21, 12:27pm

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I will pass your information along to BoC headquarters and see what we can do to help you.

Robert Simmons
Old 2015-10-21, 2:15pm
Daddy loves you!!!

Default Robert:

Thank you sir! It's because of good ppl like the ones on this site, that make it possible to get through the day some times!
Old 2015-10-21, 2:21pm
Daddy loves you!!!

Default Eileen:

Thank you once again! The beads were stolen from our car not the hospital! And awesome ppl like you are trying to fix what one or two inconsiderate ppl did! From where I'm sitting, I see a lot more ppl that care, than the ppl who grabbed our stuff! That makes me smile, I know that good ppl out weigh the bad!
Old 2015-10-21, 3:15pm
Lampworkaholic!

Jason - I think you need to add your last name to RAOGK. Not sure the USPS will deliver without.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2015-10-21, 11:20pm
Daddy loves you!!!

Default Elizabeth:

Thank you, your absolutely correct! I changed the info on my page.
Old 2016-01-06, 10:22am
Queen of the milo field

Quote:
Jason - I think you need to add your last name to RAOGK. Not sure the USPS will deliver without.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Guess that depends on where you live. Out here in the country I have no problems receiving mail simply addressed 'DJ' as long as the mailing address is correct.

dj