Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2016-01-09, 3:24am

Default Hi Friends

Hi friends,
My name is Mike and I am a total and complete noob. I'm actually taking my first "Introduction to Glass Blowing" class in about a week. This is something that I've wanted to do for years, but had no idea where to start. I also stumbled upon your Beads of Courage thread. I just wanted to say thank you all for doing this. I am a Pediatric Intensive Care Flight Nurse. That means that I am the guy flying around in a helicopter caring for the critically ill and injured kids you all work for. These special things that folks like yourselves do, have an impact on these kids and families that you will never know, so thank you for what you do. I appreciate you all!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-01-09, 8:15am

Thanks for posting that Mike �� it's nice to "meet" you. Hope you love your class next week

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-01-09, 8:17am
Loving learning

Thank you, and welcome to the glass family. I cannot imagine the strength it takes to treat these small patients, thank you for doing it!
Old 2016-01-09, 8:22am
Phill

Welcome to the addiction Mike.

Be prepared to invest in toys and tools and glass.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And don't hesitate to ask questions.

Only wish we could find a way for kids not to need yourservices so much.

And Thank You for your service.

We know it's a lot harder when it you get to meet the kids going through the worst of it.
I could not do that work myself and am thankful for folks like you that can.
Old 2016-01-09, 7:38pm

Thank you for the warm welcome friends! It is a privilege to do what I do, and have the parents of such sick kids to put the lives of their most precious gifts into my hands. It can get a bit stressful at times, but most go home, and when I get to see a child walk out of our hospital, knowing I had a part in saving that little life...it is ALL worth it!
I'm so excited for in my new venture into glass. I'd say my wife is going to kill me for finding a new hobby, but this one is her fault. She paid for my class as a Christmas gift. I'm hoping I'll be able to get her involved too. I'm surprising her with a "couples glass blowing class" for Valentine's Day! Wish me luck

Now...what to buy first...

Last edited by RNMike; 2016-01-09 at 7:42pm.
Old 2016-01-09, 7:41pm
Loving learning

That sounds fantastic, I wish I could get my hubby interested to try it.
Old 2016-01-09, 7:57pm

Quote:
That sounds fantastic, I wish I could get my hubby interested to try it.
Are you kidding...he knows there's fire, right?
Old 2016-01-18, 11:03am
dances with ideas...

Quote:
Are you kidding...he knows there's fire, right?
And new tools too!! You'd think that would be enough...

Welcome Mike, and I too would like to thank you for the critically important work you do. Have fun with the flame!