Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-09-30, 5:24am

Ashley has just moved from Paducah, I'll post her new address as soon as I can get it. Hold what you have now, anything already sent there will be forwarded. This all came about quickly and I haven't caught up.
Robert

Quote:
Are we still sending Dream beads to the Paducah, KY address?

thanks

Duane
Old 2013-10-09, 3:39pm

All Dream Beads need to go to the main office in Tucson now. We're going to photgraph them before they go back out.
Beads of Courage, Inc.

3230 N Dodge Blvd. Suite J

Tucson, AZ 85716

Robert
Old 2013-10-10, 6:49am
what's a senior moment ?

Any word on when a new list will be posted ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-10-10, 8:31am
Loving learning

I've been watching the site & haven't seen any new ones for a while. I did do one I saw posted on the FB page a while back, but the few posted on the DB list a month or more ago were snatched up right away. I was wondering if there was another spot to look for them.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:44am

There should be some new Dream Bead requests coming in next week. In the mean time we, as always, really need those Act of Courage beads.
Thanks for all you do!
Robert
Old 2013-10-10, 4:27pm
what's a senior moment ?

I just sent a box in Robert about a week ago I think it was. I'm assuming they got it but I didn't track it nor have I heard anything. I'm filling up another one as well.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-10-11, 5:15am

Quote:
I just sent a box in Robert about a week ago I think it was. I'm assuming they got it but I didn't track it nor have I heard anything. I'm filling up another one as well.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It can sometimes take a while for our volunteers to catch up on receipting donations. the speed of turn around depends on how many things are going on with a relatively small group of people to handle it all. You patience with the process is highly valued as well.
Thanks for sending in the box of beads!
Robert
Old 2014-03-24, 11:06am
Mermaid in Training

New Beads listed on signup genius.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2014-03-24, 12:23pm
Loving learning

And going fast! I'm going to torch tomorrow & will check to see if any are left before I light up.
Old 2014-03-24, 1:03pm
Got Honey?

All gone! Glad they are getting filled and so quickly

Old 2014-03-24, 2:43pm
Loving learning

LOL, I guess I don't need to print a picture of Lego Batman tomorrow. The things I learn from BOC, I never even knew there was a LB!
Old 2014-03-26, 3:56pm
Loving learning

I foresee a happy kid soon!
Old 2015-01-19, 1:45pm

Wow, this thread has just quit...
Old 2015-01-19, 11:20pm
Loving learning

I haven't seen any new postings for a while, I'm not sure if it will continue or not.
Old 2015-01-22, 12:26pm

The Dream Bead program has been undergoing a restructuring process. I'm not sure where it will go from here but I will post when I know. I started the whole thing so I do have an interest. It's a slow process and with so much going on it may take a while.

Robert
Old 2015-04-02, 9:29am
Mermaid in Training

Good to know Robert. I was beginning to wonder. I just love making them.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2015-04-02, 7:57pm
Judy Nelson

Sent off my first pavkage of BOC beads today. The first of many I hope.
Old 2015-04-03, 7:23am

Hooray for you Judy!
Old 2015-08-12, 12:50pm
Burning through glass

Hi Everyone! I wanted to update this thread with new info on how to participate in Dream Bead creations and Bead Challenge for 2015. I am the newly appointed Dream Bead Coordinator for 2015, so as Dream Bead requests come in, I may be contacting individuals who wish to participate in this year's event, to create a special bead. BOC has requested artists wishing to participate, to fill out a new form. This lets the BOC team know who will be attending the Bead Challenge event at the host studios, be a "virtual studio", "on call" Dream Bead request artist, etc. (just select all options that apply to you). Of course, if you want to just drop in to your local event without signing up, that's fine too! We don't know if there will be a roster to claim a bead request as was done in the past; some of our structuring has changed, but I did want to pass along this form. It can be found here, and no passwords are needed:

Feel free to forward this info to other artists you think will be interested. Also, should you have any questions about the 2015 event or about the Dream Bead program, you can contact our 2015 Special Events Manager, Amy Davieau directly at
. Thanks everyone!

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2015-08-12, 1:57pm
Loving learning

It is always an honor and a privilege to make beads for these brave kids. Kudos to all the volunteers who work with this program, in all capacities.
Old 2015-08-13, 11:07am
Burning through glass

Thank you so much Eileen! BOC is so glad to have you too!

New dream bead requests should be rolling in later this month.

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2015-08-17, 9:04am
Lava Maker

Great, I love making beads for the kids. I've been preparing a package, I'll finish it off this week and send it on the way.

Ann DeHoff
Old 2015-08-20, 7:48pm
Burning through glass

Thank you so much Ann!!! <3

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2015-09-16, 2:56pm
Everlasting Fire Studio

Quote:
Hi Everyone! I wanted to update this thread with new info on how to participate in Dream Bead creations and Bead Challenge for 2015. I am the newly appointed Dream Bead Coordinator for 2015, so as Dream Bead requests come in, I may be contacting individuals who wish to participate in this year's event, to create a special bead. BOC has requested artists wishing to participate, to fill out a new form. This lets the BOC team know who will be attending the Bead Challenge event at the host studios, be a "virtual studio", "on call" Dream Bead request artist, etc. (just select all options that apply to you). Of course, if you want to just drop in to your local event without signing up, that's fine too! We don't know if there will be a roster to claim a bead request as was done in the past; some of our structuring has changed, but I did want to pass along this form. It can be found here, and no passwords are needed:

Feel free to forward this info to other artists you think will be interested. Also, should you have any questions about the 2015 event or about the Dream Bead program, you can contact our 2015 Special Events Manager, Amy Davieau directly at
. Thanks everyone!
Does this On Call option continue throughout the year? I would be very interested in doing this. My partner is making beads at the Chicago location this year, but I'm doing a festival for the weekend so I'm representing the studio elsewhere and can't join him.

Thanks!

Everlasting Fire Studio
5036 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
Old 2015-09-16, 7:10pm
Burning through glass

BOC always is interested in having artists join in the beadmaking fun, especially as our programs evolve. Yes, we refer back to each artist's info each year. Right now, the Beads Of Courage Bead Challenge is an annual event, but we're always accepting donations for beads throughout the year too. Please let us know that you're interested in BOC by filling out our online form so we can keep you in mind:
. You can also sign up to be a virtual studio if you cant be present at a host studio!! Thanks so much Elektra!!

Custom Supplies:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2015-09-16 at 7:12pm.
Old 2015-09-23, 1:29pm
Everlasting Fire Studio

Quote:
BOC always is interested in having artists join in the beadmaking fun, especially as our programs evolve. Yes, we refer back to each artist's info each year. Right now, the Beads Of Courage Bead Challenge is an annual event, but we're always accepting donations for beads throughout the year too. Please let us know that you're interested in BOC by filling out our online form so we can keep you in mind:
. You can also sign up to be a virtual studio if you cant be present at a host studio!! Thanks so much Elektra!!
Thanks for the info. My partner made a Lego head pendant for a boy that came to the IL location this year.
I think he loved it!
If all goes as planned, we should both be at the host site next year. Fingers crossed!
I sent a ton of donations from us, and other artists in our shop too with my partner on Saturday. Made sure I contributed even if I missed the event!

Everlasting Fire Studio
5036 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
Old 2015-10-06, 5:42pm
Burning through glass

I heard about that Lego Head bead!!! I think Katie was going to send me photos, but I haven't seen them yet. You wouldn't happen to have action photos, would you? Tell Jon his talent had inspired a lot of people that day!!!

Thank you so very much for your donations too! If you should ever have any questions about participating next year, feel free to email me:
and I'll get the info you need.

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2015-10-08, 11:30am

Just signed up! Looking forward to helping out!!
Bea (Laura Meissner)
Old 2015-10-09, 2:07pm
Burning through glass

Awesome! Thank you Bea! I do expect some more bead requests to come in very soon! I have your info!

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2015-10-12, 7:37am

I replied to your email, Renee. I can't wait!
Bea