Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2018-01-02, 9:17pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Default Bead Bags for Beads of Courage (pic heavy)

This is what I've been doing. Ordered more labels. It's fun picking out the different fabrics. Trying to pick out fun, upbeat fabrics with themes kids may be into. I try to keep teens in mind too.

We have a new Arkansas Children's Hospital opening soon in Northwest Arkansas. I've been in contact with Beads of Courage to see about doing some volunteering with the program. I'm hoping this works out so I can do this.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm bilingual, I speak Sarcasm as a second language!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New beads in my shoppe!! Finally!
Old 2018-01-02, 9:32pm
Loving learning

The kids will be over the moon to have those as choices!
Old 2018-01-03, 2:48am

Those are wonderful Vickie - love your fabric choices!
Old 2018-01-03, 6:50am
N2Beadz

Wow, you’ve went over and above with all those wonderful choices. I’m sure your hard work will bring many smiles to many special children and their families.

Old 2018-01-03, 12:00pm
HotFlash Designs

Those are awesome!!!

Do you donate them the same way we send in beads?

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2018-01-03, 9:56pm
dances with ideas...

Vickie, thank you so much for posting these! They are all super cool!!

I didn’t know about the bags. How big are they? Sized for single beads, or maybe smallish strands?

Old 2018-01-03, 10:42pm
Loving learning

They have instructions on their website:

and the link to get the labels and cards:

Last edited by Eileen; 2018-01-03 at 10:45pm.
Old 2018-01-14, 9:53am
Cancer Sucks!!!

I just sent my bags off yesterday. Ordered more labels. They were supposed to be here yesterday and they didn't get here. They probably went through Memphis and they got a big snowstorm so will probably be Tuesday when they get here.

In the meantime, Joann's has fabric on sale!

Old 2018-01-14, 11:12am
Loving learning

I have fabric and need some inside activities for a couple of days this week....
Old 2018-01-17, 11:25am
dances with ideas...

Thanks for the links, Eileen!

Old 2018-01-17, 12:49pm
Loving learning

Roberta, thanks for reminding me to order the labels!
Old 2018-01-20, 7:54pm
dances with ideas...

Um, I think you reminded yourself, lol.

Old 2018-02-05, 3:35pm

That is awesome. Maybe I should do that since I have kid fabric that my kids have grown out of.
Old 2018-02-13, 5:20pm
dances with ideas...

I’m sure they would be greatly appreciated!

Old 2018-02-13, 5:21pm
Loving learning

I have only gotten as far as buying the patches and cards, but I need to remember this next time I have a coupon for JoAnns and find some cute fabric.
Old 2018-03-21, 9:04pm
Living out Loud

You are so thoughtful. Your work is inspiring.

Old 2018-06-10, 8:19pm
Loving learning

Okay, Vickie (or anyone else that has made the bags) I am having trouble following the instructions as written. Also, I don't have a serger.
Any chance anybody has photos of step #12, so I can see how they do the bottom seam?

Can I just do it my own way do you think, or do I need to follow the directions as written?

Maybe I need to just cut one and see if it makes more sense when I have it in my hand.
Old 2018-06-10, 8:54pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Quote:
Okay, Vickie (or anyone else that has made the bags) I am having trouble following the instructions as written. Also, I don't have a serger.
Any chance anybody has photos of step #12, so I can see how they do the bottom seam?

Can I just do it my own way do you think, or do I need to follow the directions as written?

Maybe I need to just cut one and see if it makes more sense when I have it in my hand.
I followed the instructions the first time, then did it my own way which is more efficient. I didn't like the instructions, there is an easier method to come out with the same thing.

I usually leave part of the bottom seam of the lining open to "birth" (turn it inside out) the bag, I turn the raw edges to the inside then just sew it shut. Then stuff the lining down in the bag. Does that make sense?

I went back and read the instructions, step 12 doesn't make sense to me either. I don't usually serge them anyway. I hate my serger. I'm saving for a Babylock. You could just zig zag the seams to finish them if you don't have a serger or use pinking shears.

Last edited by Vickie; 2018-06-10 at 8:59pm.
Old 2018-06-10, 9:03pm
Loving learning

Thank you, I feel better now, LOL. I figured I had done enough clothes making, quilting, etc, that I should at least be able to make sense of that step and was feeling pretty bad that I couldn't! I'll just wing that part, thanks!